vrs estate tdi need help please....

hi going to order vrs tdi next week or so and cant make up mind .want to get an estate but havnt seen to many i have vrs petrol at moment so i thought i would try estate thinking of black so if anybody has some pics can i have a look please cause im going mad cheers conor..

If you go for an estate, I'd order the sunset glass with it, like VRS195s above, as it does look the part (sadly mine hasn't got it, but it wasn't a factory order) - and don't forget maxi-dot, you'll regret it if you do ;)

If you go for an estate, I'd order the sunset glass with it, like VRS195s above, as it does look the part (sadly mine hasn't got it, but it wasn't a factory order) - and don't forget maxi-dot, you'll regret it if you do ;)

You can get the same look by retrofitting the OEM clip-on blinds to the rear side windows and the roller blind to the back window - not cheap but removable if required.

Just picked up my new VRS Estate yesterday and had all the windows except the windscreen of course professionally tinted through the dealer rather than go for the privacy glass option which is only on the rear windows.

As I wanted the drivers windows tinted as well I went for a medium tint which is legal yet a lot darker than the standard glass.

Personally I prefer the uniformity of having all the glass with the same tint and it cost less to have the work carried out than the £200 for the privacy glass option.

Will post some pictures later if anyones interested.

hi going to order vrs tdi next week or so and cant make up mind .want to get an estate but havnt seen to many i have vrs petrol at moment so i thought i would try estate thinking of black so if anybody has some pics can i have a look please cause im going mad cheers conor..

have you test driven the tdi yet? the only reason i ask is the drive is so different from the petrol. you cant go wrong with a black estate :) got one here and its brillaint looking!!

make sure if you are going new you get the free 18 inch wheels and jumbo box upgrade :thumbup:

great pics its a good looking car thanks for the feedback black vrs tdi with the tint for me .in ireland u pay for 18,s 470 euro not bad have 18,s on my vrs petrol so there a defo so all i have 2 do know is order the car thanks again conor

Hey Conor,

One of the guys on here has a Red Estate who is only a stones throw from me if you wanted a look.

Also Cathalb has a Black Estate, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you having a look. He's based near Red Cow.

Hold off on the TDi until about March next year. There's a new engine on its way and I'd hold off for one if I were you. The existing setup has awful problems at present.

Hold off on the TDi until about March next year. There's a new engine on its way and I'd hold off for one if I were you. The existing setup has awful problems at present.

hang on though, how does anyone know what the new engines will be like? they could be worse afterall? and these problems, although quite well documented i cant find them on any of our TDi vrs models weve sold recently? we do quite a few too via leasing.

how gutted would you be if the new engine wasnt as good as the old one? :D

hang on though, how does anyone know what the new engines will be like? they could be worse afterall? and these problems, although quite well documented i cant find them on any of our TDi vrs models weve sold recently? we do quite a few too via leasing.

how gutted would you be if the new engine wasnt as good as the old one? :D

From what I've read the change to common rail is due to the need to increase refinement and to meet forthcoming emissions regulations. The PD engines tend to be torqueier but noiser which doesn't match the current moves towards greater refinement. As such you may find that the newer engine will be cleaner and queter but has lower power and torque, with less headroom for remapping.

Also the only real issues I'm aware of are with the DPF and these are primarily due to the driving regime the cars affected undergo... eg lots of short trips/low speed/stop start work rather than longer runs where the DPF can burn off.

From what I've read the change to common rail is due to the need to increase refinement and to meet forthcoming emissions regulations. The PD engines tend to be torqueier but noiser which doesn't match the current moves towards greater refinement. As such you may find that the newer engine will be cleaner and queter but has lower power and torque, with less headroom for remapping.

Also the only real issues I'm aware of are with the DPF and these are primarily due to the driving regime the cars affected undergo... eg lots of short trips/low speed/stop start work rather than longer runs where the DPF can burn off.

all very true. ive driven a few CR diesels and i can say that they are quieter, and maybe more refined. but if you compare the octy 140 tdi and the citroen/pug 140 hdi, you would pick the octy. its just got more go! plus the mpg arent that much better either. but i guess its horses for course as usual :)

I think it will be a while before there is a CR replacement for the 170bhp engine. Even Audi with the new A4 only offer a 140bhp common rail. You can bet they (and VW) will want first bite at that particular cherry...

... but there is the twin turbo CR from the A5 etc to look forward to

is that sequential turbo? i know the citroen lot have a sequential bi-turbo Hdi, which puts out 175bhp, ive driven one and if it wasnt for being in a lardy-*** C5 it would be a stonking drive!!

all very true. ive driven a few CR diesels and i can say that they are quieter, and maybe more refined. but if you compare the octy 140 tdi and the citroen/pug 140 hdi, you would pick the octy. its just got more go! plus the mpg arent that much better either. but i guess its horses for course as usual :)

I actually thought the HDI/TDCI 136 had a much better power delivery than the PD140, but I ended up driving the Skoda so go figure.

The sequential (small+large turbo) 2.0 CR TDI will produce 200 PS.

Not sure on torque, but I suppose it will approach or exceed 300 lb ft - although the driveline may limit the upside available and the ECU we ensure it stays in parameters ... until you get down the chippers. :D

There will also be a development of the 2.0 FSI-T meaning 280 bhp from the factory (again for AUDI first).The TT-S gets it next year.

Later next rear is a VR6/R32/R36 development 3.6 with twin turbos giving 350 BHP for a TT-RS model.

Although the likelyhood of Skoda getting that engine is obviously nil.

ConorM,

send me a PM if you would like a butchers at

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/goldfax/skoda/rsz_IMGP0562.jpg

And with regard to the change of engine for the Vrs 170 PD.. Pumpe duese is gone.. say hello to Common rail as is coming in new A4.. and good news is likely to bew available with 204 bhp and 425 NM:thumbup:

that can't be bad

CB

cheers again very useful info how long did we wait for the 170 tdi vrs is there that many props with them cause it seems to me that the tdi more popular than the petrol or am i wrong and they hold there value better to. well so im led to believe.after looking at all that im still not sure ; want a tdi vrs for sure like the combi but still a slight doubt in the back of my mind , so i need to see one in the flesh so i will send cathalb a pm and get a butchers at his thanks again conor