Mapped VRS - how fast??

jasc1988

Basically my VRS has a switchable ecu remap (175bhp)

I have a PD160 intake and a green cotton air filter.

Question is, how quick are they compared to other cars??

Namely 106 gti's??

Coz my friend has one..

Also are they anywhere near to Civic Type R speed - the old one?

Also whats the top speed of a mapped VRS as i dont fancy losing my license just wanted to know?? :confused:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i said on the pug website mate you should beat a 106 gti quite happiy the type r s always seem to have the edge on me only just tho

as for top speed high 130s definately i have had mine further than that tho

Im actually worried now though as i just managed to hold off a 306 xsi 16v - which isnt good going

My car has a switchable ecu and must be in normal mode which isnt good as i dont have the gadget to swap it to sport mode - what a lot of pants

Think am gona get a custom map rather than this switchable ecu rubbish

Or just r/r the thing and hope it comes out around 170bhp - im quite gutted :thumbdwn:

Why are you bothered about beating an inferior car. Remember your in a wiesel :rofl: Which weighs as much as a small train. so beating anything remotley fast is always a thumbs up :thumbup:

Im not really bothered would just be nice to beat a few hot hatches would be good, seeing there faces when they get trumped by a diesel:thumbup:

calm down gun slinger! Concentrate on staying on the road, not driving at excessive speeds and watching the facial reactions of other drivers.

A remapped vRS would give a CTR a good go;)in a straight line that is:rolleyes:

nah, you need to get your hands on the 2.0l furby if you want to take it like a king.

About the same as a Pug 106, although, I think the Pug 106 is a bit faster.

The 106 GTi is deceptively fast - nice revvy engine, weighs the same as a crisp packet and corners brilliantly. :D Not sure how it would compare to a remapped car but it should see off a standard car with ease!

Chris

Im not really bothered would just be nice to beat a few hot hatches would be good, seeing there faces when they get trumped by a diesel:thumbup:

If you want to be picking off hot hatches, you're gonna need to invest some money in making the car into a hot hatch :D

Chris

The 106 GTi is deceptively fast - nice revvy engine, weighs the same as a crisp packet and corners brilliantly. :D Not sure how it would compare to a remapped car but it should see off a standard car with ease!

Chris

Just to follow that up, the 106GTi / Saxo VTS were arguably the last old-skool hot hatches, with 125bhp/tonne for the Pug and nearly 130bhp/tonne for the Citroen. Small, basic cars + a big-enough engine = speed and smiles (although the Group 13 / 14 insurance respectively must have reduced the latter somewhat!)

To put that into perspective, the stock Fabia vRS comes in at just under 100bhp/tonne, and even a remapped one will only just pip the VTS's power-to-weight ratio. I realise there are many other metrics for performance, but PTW is at least clear.

(And in the spirit of detente, I won't dwell on how the standard vRS will monster either of the above on torque... And , yes, even the CTR by a long, long way - but then if you want to drive a car that sounds like a moped at full throttle and doesn't have reasonably-expectable features for the price [like A/C] it's up to you! :ready2go: )

:sofahide:

Basically my VRS has a switchable ecu remap (175bhp)

I have a PD160 intake and a green cotton air filter.

Question is, how quick are they compared to other cars??

Namely 106 gti's??

Coz my friend has one..

Not very, and as for keeping up with a 106GTI, well a 106 GTI weight jack all and handles well, neither of which can be said for a Fabia VRS.

keeping up with a CTR in a straight line, maybe you would like to pay snoopie a visit on a private airfield because I'd love to see it.

You might beat a CTR if they were off cam and couldn't be arsed to change down or try. If they are on cam you don't stand a hope.

HTH

:popcorn:

Chris

Also has the crash resistance of a crisp packet :eek::eek:

Your Furbie, however, is built like a brick outhouse :):)

Weighs much the same as well :rofl::rofl::rofl:

106 gti are built like fag papers and break just as quick as it burns.

The furby will out accelerate only thru gears as the 106 is lighter but up thru gears 106 will not be quicker and especially a re-mapped furby.

The handling of 106 is better but marginal.

As for the Typre R the others dont have a chance in either modified to 170-180 or in the corners. You would need adjustable shocks braced roll barred ect to come close to a standard Type R. As for mid range obviously it is the easier one to live with but for out n out thrills and near perfect feedback The civic is better

The handling of 106 is better but marginal.

The 106 handles very well in GTI form, it is the spiritual successor to the 205GTI and IMHo handles pretty much the same, albeit with much reduced lift off oversteer :rofl:

A Citroen BX GTI 16v will eat the lot of them and it is plastic too. Plus it has the clever self stiffening suspension from the factory :P :rofl:

You don't happen to drive a remapped fabia do you?

About the same as a Pug 106, although, I think the Pug 106 is a bit faster.

Civic Type-R, not even close.

I smoked a 106 gti on the bypass and my mate has a CTR, and I gave him a good run for his money. So I wouldnt be "biggin" yourself up too much.