JKM Rolling Road Day III - Saturday 2nd February

Makefish

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The side going towards Bournemouth definately sells V-Power Derv, as I was queueing to get normal derv only sunday.:thumbup:

You can get to this side by going under the a31 so either will work.

Failing that shell Farlington sells derv extra and v-power derv

Oh yeah... Forgot about that fecking little road under the bridge :rolleyes::finger::rofl::rofl:

1. Makefish - Octavia vRS MkII

2. Delcac - Octavia vRS MkI

3. Fezboy - Octavia vRS MkI

4. Predator - Octavia vRS MkI Estate

5. apd007 - Octavia vRS MkII

6. Trevorb33 - Octavia PD130 MkI

7. Leeboy - Octavia vRS MkI

8. Southpaw - Fabia

9. Magic Moo - Octavia vRS MkI

10. Bahnstormer vRS - Octavia vRS TDI

11. Bowders1 - Octavia vRS Mk 1

12. Berretta - Octavia vRS MkI

13. sibart - Octavia vRS MkII

14. VRS195 - Octavia vRS MKII

15. Andyrew - Octavia vRS MkI

16. Djgritt - Octavia vRS TDi

17. Angry Dog - Octavia vRS Mk1

18. myfatcow - Fabia vrs

19. ryand - Fabia vrs

20. FocusZtec - Octy VRS MK2

21. Adam K - Fabia

22. Kev87 - Ibiza Cupra

23. Tom_vRS - Passat Estate PD130

24. smstext - Octavia 2.0 FSI Sport

List Closed

Spectating

0. DaveU

1. Cheezemonkai

2. Chris Ellis

3. Moo's missus

4. VRStu

5. Octygone

6. Carnival Clown

7. MissPiggy and Ian

8. VillanJC

9. Hedge

10. Stuart

11. Angry Dog Bro

12. Devonutopia

13. Jonny5ive

14. Robshaw

15. Tigger_1979

16. mdk1

17. cowper3010

18. Steve

My car is looking ultra clean and shiny for next weekend as its had an Autoglym Lifeshine today :)

Think I might have to keep it unused in the garage all week at this rate to keep it that way!

Highly recommended, will try to get some pics tomorrow when its light!

This event is fast approaching and I have been asked to pass on some information from JKM about the day:

1. Parking is fairly restrictive so could only those running on the RR park their vehicles round the back and front car parks at JKM. Those that are NOT running on the RR please park their cars in the entrance road to JKM (it is off the main through road and perectly safe/quiet).

2. Whilst children are not 'banned' from attending it is to be discouraged. Rolling Roads can be quite dangerous and not a place for bored kids. If you do bring children under the age of 12 please make sure they are supervised at all times as there is very little for them to do.

3. Whilst every effort is made to keep everyone happy, biscuits of the 'Chocolate Digestive' variety are strictly off limits, anyone caught taking one from the Variety Box or the 'special' packet of Mcvities (provided by JKM) will be severly reprimanded ;):D

Note: All the important information about this event including the first two items in this post has been added to #1.

This event is fast approaching and I have been asked to pass on some information from JKM about the day:

3. Whilst every effort is made to keep everyone happy, biscuits of the 'Chocolate Digestive' variety are strictly off limits, anyone caught taking one from the Variety Box or the 'special' packet of Mcvities (provided by JKM) will be severly reprimanded ;):D

Just to clarify things.......these biscuits are Steves biscuits and nobody else must touch them :P:rofl::rofl:

Im afraid i will have to pull out of this full stop as i cannot get a babysitter for my daughter and she will be bored out of her face and has already stamped her feet to show how much she doesnt want to go along. maybe next time if its on a weekend she isnt with me. sorry guys i really wanted to come too!!!

No worries Paul, maybe next time. List updated which means we might be able to squeeze in one more on the day but remains closed for the time being.

8. Southpaw - Fabia

18. myfatcow - Fabia vrs

19. ryand - Fabia vrs

21. Adam K - Fabia

22. Kev87 - Ibiza Cupra

List Closed

Spectating

0. DaveU

1. Cheezemonkai

2. Chris Ellis

3. Moo's missus

4. VRStu

5. Octygone

6. Carnival Clown

7. MissPiggy and Ian

8. VillanJC

9. Hedge

10. Stuart

11. Angry Dog Bro

12. Devonutopia

13. Jonny5ive

14. Robshaw

15. Tigger_1979

16. mdk1

17. cowper3010

18. Steve

No worries Paul, maybe next time. List updated which means we might be able to squeeze in one more on the day but remains closed for the time being.

8. Southpaw - Fabia

18. myfatcow - Fabia vrs

19. ryand - Fabia vrs

21. Adam K - Fabia

22. Kev87 - Ibiza Cupra

List Closed

Spectating

0. DaveU

1. Cheezemonkai

2. Chris Ellis

3. Moo's missus

4. VRStu

5. Octygone

6. Carnival Clown

7. MissPiggy and Ian

8. VillanJC

9. Hedge

10. Stuart

11. Angry Dog Bro

12. Devonutopia

13. Jonny5ive

14. Robshaw

15. Tigger_1979

16. mdk1

17. cowper3010

18. Steve

I might just pop along for this one and if time may run??......:thumbup:

List amended with Superted provisionally, shoulld be Ok :thumbup:

8. Southpaw - Fabia

18. myfatcow - Fabia vrs

19. ryand - Fabia vrs

21. Adam K - Fabia

22. Kev87 - Ibiza Cupra

24. Superted - Octavia vRS MkII (Provisional)

List Closed

Spectating

0. DaveU

1. Cheezemonkai

2. Chris Ellis

3. Moo's missus

4. VRStu

5. Octygone

6. Carnival Clown

7. MissPiggy and Ian

8. VillanJC

9. Hedge

10. Stuart

11. Angry Dog Bro

12. Devonutopia

13. Jonny5ive

14. Robshaw

15. Tigger_1979

16. mdk1

17. cowper3010

18. Steve

8. Southpaw - Fabia

18. myfatcow - Fabia vrs

19. ryand - Fabia vrs

21. Adam K - Fabia

22. Kev87 - Ibiza Cupra

24. Superted - Octavia vRS MkII (Provisional)

List Closed

Spectating

0. DaveU

1. Cheezemonkai

2. Chris Ellis

3. Moo's missus

4. VRStu

5. Octygone

6. Carnival Clown

7. MissPiggy and Ian

8. VillanJC

9. Hedge

10. Stuart

11. Angry Dog Bro

12. Devonutopia

13. Jonny5ive

14. Tigger_1979

15. mdk1

16. cowper3010

17. Steve

Sorry guys - There has been a problem, I am having to drop out. I hope it all goes well for you all.

Rob.

I just thought i would add this to the thread if ok - I organise RR days in the South Central for VxON, and got this info put up on there for attendees - it may be of use to RR Virgins;

This could be moved and sticky'd if seen to be useful enough... :thumbup:

After Stumbling across a guide on Rolling Road Advice, i thought id put it up here for all to share...

First of all, lets get this point across; the rolling road should not be looked upon as ameans of proving to your mates how powerful (or not) your motor is. It is actually an invaluable opportunity to set your car up under load to simulate real world driving conditions; this is particularly useful if you have spent on an engine rebuild. The rolling road session can become as important as the choice of components you have used!

A dyno tune will also highlight any problems throught the rev range - Overfuelling, Underfuelling, Sticking Wastegates etc etc, all of which can result in expensive repair bills or an oily mess on the floor and a conrod shaped hole in your block...

A tune up will also indicate which parts are stretched to their limits and if your chosen components are working well together.

Not just tuned engines benefit from a rolling road session, even standard engines can benefit from a setting up session to optimise performance, especially on older, tired cars.

Preparation;

- Don't just turn up and expect to be running within minutes, rolling road centres are suprisingly busy places, especially during the early months of the year, as motorsport teams utilise them to get their cars ready for the season.

- Decide what you want from your session - A Power Run, or a Full Set-Up. You almost certainly get a printed graph of the power run, showing you where the car delivers power and if there are any dips in the range.

- Oh, and prepare yourself for the sound of your car going at full chat, 100mph+ while stoodstill. The noises from a few feet away sometimes aren't for those of a nervous disposition...

Checks;

- Don't skimp on the Basics.

Ensure that all the oil and coolant levels are topped up correctly BEFORE it runs, and watch for leaks. You will NOT be popular if your engine decides to drop it's guts on the rollers...

Make sure the tyre pressures are all up to correct levels, incorrect pressures can affect readings, and therefore affect the power it records for you.

Fuel - you need plenty of it - as mentioned above, with the car being run flat out, a dribble in the tank is not enough...

- Is the car straight? any chassis damage will near instantly be shown on the rollers, if a car isnt running true, it will try to climb off of the rollers, which may result in the run being aborted...

- Finally, most of us like the slammed stance of the cars, but is it high enough to get on, and off, of the rollers? Check exhaust clearances, and in extreme cases, be prepared to unbolt the splitters, or even whole bumpers...

Also ensure that the operator has easy access to towing eyes, bodywork etc, as the car will need to be strapped down.

Discussion;

- Before you start, tell the operator of any problems you have experienced/been experiencing with the car. If it is running too hot, lean, misfiring, rattling etc etc, then the run could end up assisting in the engine recieving terminal damage, which isn't good.

- The same applies to engine modifications. Tell the operator exactly what has been done, and what parts have been used. this makes it much easier for them to give you a proper diagnosis of any issues, and advice on the best ways to further improve the car's performance

- If your car performed badly, or worse than you expected, dont skulk off home and sulk. Discuss it with the operator. They are likely to have seen loads of cars with the same or similar problems, and are therefore some of the best people to ask about getting around the problems, and how to get the best performance from the car.

Which is the whole point of the session.

I know there are a fair few of you meeting at Winnal for Breakfast. Can I have a quick straw poll as to who will be turning up for breakfast in Portsmouth and what your preference is as currently it's Maccy D's which may not suit everyone but can change it fairly easily depnding on what the general concensus is!.

Will you be bringing said RWD automobile with you on Saturday morning Mr J? :D;)

Not sure, might postpone it or it might clash which means I wont make it, we will see. My preference is to postpone it & wait for drier roads, I want to give it some beans & I dont fancy that on a cold wet road.

I know there are a fair few of you meeting at Winnal for Breakfast. Can I have a quick straw poll as to who will be turning up for breakfast in Portsmouth and what your preference is as currently it's Maccy D's which may not suit everyone but can change it fairly easily depnding on what the general concensus is!.

Muckburgers is fine for me :thumbup: