Hesitation

As Ethos states, very easy to do. You may need to hook the car up to a Vagcom software to reset the throttle if you take it off. I would also consider replacing the cold start sensor which is discussed heavily in the main Threads. This is what causes many a cold starting problem and lumpiness at first pull away. That cured mine straight away when replaced. Again a 5 minute Job and at £22.50 or there about is a good choice.

Rgds

Bowders1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy new year to you all!

last night i noticed when i was driving that at certain times (round about 2000rpm) i went to put my foot down on the throttle and it just stuck at 2000rpm? only for a brief second or 2 and then it was fine again:confused: it gradually kept doing this but not all the time? at no point did it cut out or the tickover drop down or any engine management or warning lights appear on the dash?

any ideas?:confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone have the part number for the gasket?

I'll give this ago and see what happens ;)

Aye

028 129 748 is what it say's on the bag in front of me

Found this one in a draw the other day

Gotta give mine a clean I do it twice a year just keep on top of it

HTH

You need to disconnect it tho really.

I looked at the intake pipe side and it was clean, but the other side (manifold) was alot worse.

You'd only know this if you took it off :)

Thanks for the Part No, i was trying to find the thread with it in for next time!!

Do you find it gets THAT dirty to clean twice a year? I'm guessing mine has never been gone in the 65k... still only took 5 minutes to clean.

Well I cleaned the throttle body and went out for a drive and NO FAULT CODES :D

I'll check again next week and just hope there are none :thumbup:

This is what my throttle body was like!

Picture031.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Not sure if that's bad or not but it looks to have done the trick :)

What did you use to clean out the throttle body if you don't mind me asking? :)

Carb cleaner from Halfords £4 ;) (Replaced the gasket £1.82 from the dealer)

I sprayed the inside (Front & Rear) of the throttle body then cleaned around the inside with a toothbrush.

I sprayed inside again and the wiped clean with a soft cloth.

So far so good :thumbup:

Oh well last lasted long........NOT :mad:

On the way home from work I went to overtake another car and :rolleyes:

Got home hooked it up to Vag-Com and yes it's back :thumbdwn:

I wonder why cleaning the throttle body cleared the fault and made the car drive better :rubchin:

I guess the next thing is the pressure hose?

Ok just been looking at the sticky thread and Jos posted this

061216-01.jpg

I don't recall any gap in mine when I cleaned it?

Can the flap be moved by hand or is it set in this position for a reason?

Well I took mine to the main stealer on Monday to have it plugged in to the diagnostic machine. Anyway, they come back and told me that the only problem with it was a rear brake sensor:confused:. So they changed that and 'touch wood' the hesitation hasn't happened since. :thumbup:

What I cant understand though is why it would be something like that, that has caused its hesitation :confused::confused:

And it only cost me £22 so I'm happy :D:D

Good fellas at Faintree

• 2 months later...

I'm getting the same problem with mine. When I drive away in the morning I get to the top of my road and it's juddering and hesitating. I usually let it run for a minute before I drive away as well and that hasn't helped. I got a 12 month warranty with the car when I bought it last month so do you reckon Skoda would sort it out under the warranty? :confused:

• 6 months later...

i am getting a flat spot when i go to pull away in first gear which almost feels as if i have removed my foot from the accelerater momenteraly.and then its fine.

I actually thought it was the traction controll as the car is is quite new been a late 04 with low miles. dont thinks its the maf .