New Fabia Sport Arrived!!!

Well I've seen it!

Initial impression :thumbup:

Swmbo (girlfriend if she's reading this) is thinking about buying one so we trundled along to Alex Lawrie today - they were kind enough to let us have a quick look.

Looks very nice in black magic - seats definitely look better in black!

Aggressive front styling and rear diffuser looks nice too - overall it looks very vRS... got me wondering whether Skoda were just going to roll out the Sport in its place!

GF is going for a test drive when the car's ready in Jan... I'll ask her how it handles then - if it wasn't for the 16" Wheels though I think it'd still look like it was on stilts. ;)

Had a quick run through the figures in the brochure... we'll be looking at about 200 lbs/ft torque on the 1.9tdi (105) with a 0-60 of about 10 seconds or something and a top speed of 110.

Overall it looks the business... but on paper at least it's no vRS ;)

:thumbup:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey yeah can we please see the photos of this yellow fabia sport? Thanks.

In the mean time I just thought I would clarify the final equipment list for everyone in case you wanted to know!

Fabia Sport: 16" Bear Alloy wheels, 3 spoke leather steering wheel, air con, alarm, protective side moulding, curtain airbags, electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, front fog lights, glasses storage compartment, halogen headlights with DE module, height adjustable driver and passenger seats, height and reach adjustable steering wheel, leather gear **** and gaiter, leather handbrake cover, Radio 'Dance' 2DIN CD with MP3, remote central locking, seat belt warning buzzer, sports body kit, sports seats, sunset glass, trip computer.

hope this is useful to everyone!

Hey, can you confirm if that has the same hvac controls as the Fabia 1?

Nate

the controls are the same as the level 2. the steering wheel being leather and 3 spoke though.

sorry guys ive had no luck with uploading the pics, ive got them on the pc but my system here dosnt like any uploader sites(blooming IT dept), if someone wants to have a bash for me PM and i'll email the pics over to you.

Saw one while i was at the dealers earlier in the week, they do look pretty smart... will definately be interesting to see how the vRS looks.. my bet is the vRS will have the same bodykit.. (remember the original fabia vRS bumpers were available as a Kit for the normal models before teh vRS was out)

Just had one arrive in Nottingham in storm blue 1.9tdi. Looks good and the front end is really different in the flesh than any pics do it justice. The exhaust looks good in the 1.9tdi as well as its got twin exit in the oval (as the old vRS). I'll try and posty some pics over the weekend.

14122007534.jpg

:) Hope they are ok Dean :thumbup:

Does look quite nice I must say... Looks fairly promising if the vRS takes it up a notch ;)

yup thanks for that!!

that last one wasnt actually intended to be such a cheeky advert either, but i bet the DP will be proud lol!! ;)

Very nice, was hoping the interior would be abit more sports looking, ie dash clocks radio the seats how ever look decent. I still favour the new Seat Leon but wel see what i get !

Addition of maxidot and climate control would brighten the dash a little. Looks good in yellow - contrasts nicely with the sunset and rear lights. Corrida red and white roof would be good too I reckon.

For some reason, it looks as though the Sport cannot be ordered with either climate control or a white roof. Strange but true, if the Skoda car configurator is to be believed.

still trying to find out about climate, but ive got a black one with white roof on order :)

was gonna ask you to pose on it for some extra glam to the photos ;)

just not wearing the borat thong again :thumbdwn: ;)

Thought you was going to keep that quiet :eek: