Just how fast is a Hybrid fabia????

Looks like your mate is in for a long wait.

If he would like to come and look at my CTR then please feel free - I will even take you out for a drive if you like. ;)

No your ok, once youve seen one youve seen them all. Integra type r is a different question... but any way, let the thread get back on track

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No your ok, once youve seen one youve seen them all. Integra type r is a different question... but any way, let the thread get back on track

Speaking of controllers, there should be a control, to prevent you from signing up under the name of EddieMaiden, and abusing me. If you'd ever like to abuse me face to face... I'll see you at a meet! Unfortuantely for you, the mods didn't hide telling me. :thumbup::D;)

My Dad is also harder than your dad,

Good day all!

Speaking of controllers, there should be a control, to prevent you from signing up under the name of EddieMaiden, and abusing me. If you'd ever like to abuse me face to face... I'll see you at a meet! Unfortuantely for you, the mods didn't hide telling me. :thumbup::D;)

Good day all!

WTF you on about freak?

If I wanted to give you abuse I would do, but under my name. You seriously think I signed up for another account. Hahahaha, jog on........

Prove this big boy, with evidence from the mods please.. IP address's the lot....

Good day all!

sorry,that was me,i'll get my coat................:cool:

and my dads the hardest my d1ck is the biggest,men want to be me women want to be with me:rofl:

So snoopie, why the **** are you posting a yet another fabia thread when you have clearly no decent input - yet again - to offer on the actual topic.

Johnwg, the standard Octy 2 vrs is almost the same up to abouit 120 mph as a mapped fabia, at which point the octy strides ahead considerably. No idea how a hybrid Fabia would compare.

Johnwg, the standard Octy 2 vrs is almost the same up to abouit 120 mph as a mapped fabia, at which point the octy strides ahead considerably. No idea how a hybrid Fabia would compare.

Thanks..

Imagine a hybrid (and a CTR) would have the edge over a standard one then :)

Ok, valuable input. Hybrid fabia's make a very low 218, with useless torque so it makes the car undriveable, and therefore slow in nearly all conditions.

HTH.

Low? Useless?

I'd love to visit your planet one day. It is of less use than if I had a peloquin diff fitted, and only really in 1st and 2nd. The bhp figure only seems to matter to you and Bengie. Its pub talk bhp.....the sooner you learn that, the better for all of us. You constantly highlight your ignorance on a daily basis. Bless you.

That aside, my car has been mapped for reliability, and MY driving style, which is country lanes, with corners. Not straight lines. If I wanted outright power, and yet another engine falure, the turbo and associated parts are able to withstand 260 bhp constantly, and much much more torque. But then, will it be reliable? Who knows. I'm not spending another 4k to find out when it all goes bang.

Keep entertaining me you muppet.

ok so I don’t have a Fabia, but I have a heavier Bora with A Turbo Dynamics Stage2.

Now I don’t intentionally go out and fins cars to race with, I just on occasion come across cars that I have little tests with :thumbup:

I don’t know the total BHP or LBFT of the current lower top end fuelled map I am running but Speedo timed 3 x average, same road, same fuel, same outside temp will result in 0-100 14.5 and 60-100 7.9 average.

Car tests:

Tractor vs NSX 3.0 "G3 NSX" - 70 - 140: Dont Laugh, but it kept up with no gap up to 120, where by the NSX then began to pull 1 to 2 car lengths. NSX Max power took over.

Tractor Vs NSX again - 30 - 90: Nothing and I mean nothing in it, got a nice wave and hazards as he turned off. This is where Diesel torque rules.

330i E46 - There just no contest at all, why do there owners think they are so quick.

Alfa 156 GTA - Neck and Neck - mad mile from standing start to 120.....

Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo LE - 30-100 nothing in it, he could not pull away and I could not overtake.

Astra VXR - I thought they were quicker, pulled 2 car lengths 60-120

Golf Mk5 GTI - 70-100 had to keep backing off the throttle - enough said.

Accord Type R "My best mates" He keeps up 0-60 as it has a LSD, but then I pull away, 30-70 etc is no contest.

BMW 530D 218 BHP - I thought these would be quicker, but they are a heavy lump. 100-140.

Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro - Up hill dual carriage way, he moved over I had enough to get by, again weight must hurt them.

Golf MK5 GTI Remapped with Revo - 70 - 110; It began to pull ever so slightly from 100.... This was one quick car... They have circa 250 bhp but importantly approx 285 lbft.

I must stress, before all the banter starts, there are so many variables to the above that without going to a track with the same driver there is never going to be a certainty.

i'm not argueing or trying to provoke anyone with this post,but,why when hot hatch is quoted as having say 260bhp,it is considerd fast,but when a fabia has aroud this sort of power,it is still only a warm hatch,can't beat a st,vxr and so on?seems strange how fellow enthusiasts seem to be dragging every thread of this sort into an arguement,i understand a re map won't have you thrashing lcr's,ctr's and the like,but there are one or two on here with some real potent cars,and with the handling to match,that i think would give a few of these other cars a dam good hiding,in the handling department mine is awesome,and with some better tyres will be ready for some giant killing again on track this year,the thing i will say is stop talking and start signing up to these trackdays,come down and prove your theory's,it is time to put up,or shut up,i'm waiting,i think there are still a couple of places left on the trackdy at blyton on the 29th of march,i'll be there will you?

I won't hold my breath

Low? Useless?

I'd love to visit your planet one day. It is of less use than if I had a peloquin diff fitted, and only really in 1st and 2nd. The bhp figure only seems to matter to you and Bengie. Its pub talk bhp.....the sooner you learn that, the better for all of us. You constantly highlight your ignorance on a daily basis. Bless you.

That aside, my car has been mapped for reliability, and MY driving style, which is country lanes, with corners. Not straight lines. If I wanted outright power, and yet another engine falure, the turbo and associated parts are able to withstand 260 bhp constantly, and much much more torque. But then, will it be reliable? Who knows. I'm not spending another 4k to find out when it all goes bang.

Keep entertaining me you muppet.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::D Couldn't agree more

seems strange how fellow enthusiasts seem to be dragging every thread of this sort into an arguement

The enthusiasts are the likes of you, me and all the others who have modified the fabia to our own personal preferences. It's normally the ones who are ex fabia owners, or members who have never owned a fabia that are quoting form parkers guide etc stats and figures. BHP seems to be the key element in performance to these fools, where the reality is torque, handling and grip. Personally, I've seen the fabia vrs get slated for 3 years on here now, by the same people time and time again. The same arguments time and time again. makes me wonder why the **** I should share the pleasure I get from my own car with fellow enthusiasts when other members feel the need to pick holes in whats said and slate the work, cost and performance of the end result.

In fact, no it doesnt make me wonder, i'm utterly sick of it now.

And as for you snoopie, why oh why oh why do you constantly bang on about your ctr? They are ten a penny, not that quick, they have zero torque, redeeming features are they handle well, and make a nice noise. Why dont you spend more time on your own forum instead of trying to make yourself feel superior on this one belittling the poeple who want to enjoy the fabia. I'm sure most if not all of the fabia owners could go out and buy a CTR if they wanted one, if they were that great.

In fact I personally prefer my mates Fiesta ST to the type R. There is more to life than the redline. ;)

why moan at me dave? when have i slated you or your car? :thumbdwn:

and torque is not the be all and end all of it :rolleyes:

i don't know about others but my opinions of the fabia's performance comes from personal experience of driving alongside them on track and at meets and yes some are quick but definitly not all conquering :)

What ‘Want a VRS’ says is quite interesting I think, that so many different cars with different Power and Torque to Weight ratios have different acceleration curves. I have long been of the opinion that quite often the woman/man who puts their foot down first and gets the ‘jump’ on the other car appears to be faster. You see this most notably in F1, when the lead car comes out of a corner. Guess we need a big airstrip and about 100 cars, several runs and someone to fix all the broken clutches and bits…………..

As an ex Fabia vRS owner I feel inclined to jump to its defense. :D

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Type R's are ten-a-penny now - people don't even bat an eyelid :P

If you ask me... and you haven't but I'm going to say it anyway - CTR drivers are trying to compensate for something :D

If you're not comfortable with the car you drive then buy something else - you don't have to convince us it's good all the time: WE KNOW It's crap!

Do you see the likes of Shifty or Jason posting threads saying "my car will eliminate all" and sending the thread so far off topic that you have to look for it in Tijuana?

I recall Dave's last thread was telling us how much he loved his car after all the trouble he'd had with her... good for you Dave, glad you're enjoying her :thumbup:

It's funny though... you never say silly crap on the Octy threads Snoopie - is it because you know you'd get leathered in a head to head with some of our members cars :P :D

Final comment - then I'm off my soap box

Ahem... Horsepower Sells Cars.... Torque wins races :P :finger::rofl:

Fabia's RULE!!

Live with it :D