Thought I'd been shot!!

Although i have a mk1 vrs i had a "huge" bang recently inside the cabin .....it turned out to be a spring under the drivers seat had snapped its mounts and the spring snapping back.

Worth checking under your seats for a spring although prob wont be that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
Did you have the radio on? If so was did you lose sound after the bang? I had a similar thing happen twice in early ownership. Switched the radio off and back on and it worked fine. I'm sure it was a feedback, bad earth, static build up or something like that but it hasn't happened in the last 8 months.

Sort of glad to read this post. Puts my mind at rest a bit.

I was sitting in my car waiting for the wife on Monday. Engine off, stationary, ignition only in auxiliary position, listening to the radio with the volume reasonably quiet. Suddenly there was an almighty .

I nearly hit my head on the roof, I jumped so much.

The radio also then switched itself off.

I turned it back on and everything was fine. Odd.

Same bang happened to me listening MP3 on the highway :eek:, but Radio did not switched off and just resumed playing.

I'm pretty sure the volume was at MAX for some hundreds of milliseconds.

Very startling :thumbdwn:.

• 4 months later...
Same bang happened to me listening MP3 on the highway :eek:, but Radio did not switched off and just resumed playing.

I'm pretty sure the volume was at MAX for some hundreds of milliseconds.

Very startling :thumbdwn:.

Has happened to me twice whilst playing MP3 tracks (burnt to CD) no need for the laxatives on those days :D

Could it have been a bird scaring device in a field you where driving past?

This happened to me the other day and made me jump out of my skin.

STREAM Headunit - radio done this twice to me. First time it wouldn't come on again - all display as normal but no sound. Next time i turned on ignition all was normal.

The second time I was playing an mp3 disk - huge crack and immediately returned to normal. Gremlins:finger:

I had a similar thing happen twice whilst my last Skoda ('54 1.9 PDI Ambient) was relatively new. A really loud bang as though a suspension spring had snapped. In both cases I had the car checked by the local Skoda dealer and nothing was found. Other that that the cas was no trouble and was the most reliable car that I've had.

In both cases the radio was on at the time but the noise seemed too loud to have been emitted by the radio.

Sorry that I can't be helpful - and just hope that your problem was similar to mine.

You were either:

- shot at by an angry farmer / sniper on a covert op

- listening to hip-hop

- hit a by stone against bodywork / windscreen

There again it could have just been your radio :)

Large-ish stone picked up by the tyres and thrown against the wheel-arch liner get's my vote. It's happened to me a couple of times and I instantly looked in the rearview mirror to see if someone got a bit too close... and saw stone bouncing away across the road behind me (it's beeehinnnndd you!)

Having had a bird strike, it leaves so many feathers and so much blood (and dirty seats), you couldn't miss it.

Happened just yesterday,

my STREAM MP3 went off and "resumed" by itself (was playing a CD).

Did Skoda use software took from some mobile :rofl::rofl::rofl:?

STREAM Headunit - radio done this twice to me. First time it wouldn't come on again - all display as normal but no sound. Next time i turned on ignition all was normal.

The second time I was playing an mp3 disk - huge crack and immediately returned to normal. Gremlins:finger:

Just picked up on the thread again as I am not often on teh OCTY2 forum since moving to the dark side. I was the OP for this tread - deffo no bird scarers, angry farmers or broken springs. It was so load that is it had been a stone on screen or body work then it must have been marked - which it was not. Discussions with the dealer confirmed the radio issue.

I think you can produce it at will :)

Sit in the car, and turn the radio on - keep your finger on the 'on' button, i.e. don't release it. After about 5-10 seconds, mine radio goes bang, displays a 'safe' message and continues.

Could be useful for scaring the kids when the 'are we there yet' gets too much :mad:

TTFN

D