What No 08 reg!

This is true however I don't think you will get the head up display :thumbdwn:

I'm only going by what is shown in the Octavia accessories brochure so I cannot comment on what they may or may not do.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, was going to cost me more to keep the old one mate, purchased on a PCP and i had already done my 25K miles in 9 months, last free service just coming up, two new tyres and tax required, figures worked out right.

Ah ha, PCP, that explains it.. Thought it was a personal purchase :eek:

We are still waiting for the '08 plate, the car is being built next week and shipped the following ? .. seems rather a fast ship to have it here for the end of March.. :lol my missus can't wait to get rid of the A3 for the vRS. Any one would think us getting married would be the highlight of the year not her get a skoda! lol

I haven't seen any 08 cars yet, quite surprised since they've been out for a week. Was going to get an Elegance, but since I can't get one my the end of the month I've had to plump for a Black L&K instead :(

Should have it in about 10 days or so

:D

Was promised my 08 reg race blue vRS for the first but sitting on my drive is a 57 plate 1.2 Fabia 1 courtesy car. vRS not built yet:(

Know exactly how you feel ! I had a 1.9TDI Elegance ordered for collection on 1st. Got a call 10 days before to confirm that the car was in and will be valeted soon. I was 15 mins away from the garage when I got a call saying that they were real sorry but theres been a mistake and they had somehow got an Ambiente in instead and no-one had picked that fact up. Their argument was that it said Elegance on all their paperwork and the driver took it straight to the storage area.

I got to the garage and they gave me £300 back and the loan of a Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI 57 reg. I was pretty upset but I have the Superb on permanent loan until they can get me an Elegance (been told it will be 2 weeks later as they have tracked one down but need to get it transported to them).

The Superb sure is a nice car. Not sure I want my Octy Elegance now ;-)

Nah, was going to cost me more to keep the old one mate, purchased on a PCP and i had already done my 25K miles in 9 months, last free service just coming up, two new tyres and tax required, figures worked out right.

What do you pay on a PCP then mate, if you don't mind me asking?

picked up my black 08 vRS hatch yesterday.

Absolutely loving it. The rear parking sensor is very helpful (though no substitue for eyesight) and the kids find the display most "interesting".

I like the maxidot too- very glad I went for it - the dealer where I tested the car didn't try and persuade me- she said basically is just showed when you leave a door open. :thumbdwn: How wrong!

The only thing I don't like is the glovebox closing mechanism- seem very "iffy".. Might try a bit of nylon lube on it.

What do you pay on a PCP then mate, if you don't mind me asking?

About 260 i think, trouble was i had already done my contracted mileage in 9 months.

where im working at the mo im doing 1k miles a week, so meant i would have been doing at least 12,000 chargeable miles.

My company pays me milege allowance but that would not cover the cost of keeping the old one( the price of V-Power doesnt help mind you)

i had already done my contracted mileage in 9 months.

That only really becomes an issue if you wanted to hand the car back at the end of the term. If you sell before the end of the term it isn't a problem.

That only really becomes an issue if you wanted to hand the car back at the end of the term. If you sell before the end of the term it isn't a problem.

Managed to get myself localish longterm contract so the miles would of mounted up Stu, just an excuse to get a change of colour really. To many blue ones on the road :rofl:

Managed to get myself localish longterm contract so the miles would of mounted up Stu, just an excuse to get a change of colour really. To many blue ones on the road :rofl:

I wasn't saying you shouldn't have changed - I'd be a fine one to talk. Perhaps we should have a list of those of us that have moved on to another one, I suspect there are a few now.

I wasn't saying you shouldn't have changed - I'd be a fine one to talk. Perhaps we should have a list of those of us that have moved on to another one, I suspect there are a few now.

LOL think there will be a few more as well Stu, cant beat them for what you get for your money.

Pick the new one up next friday, forgot about changing plates and there are some PDI issues(nothing to serious)