help twins on the wayyyyy

howdy people do any of you have twins or two infants,as me and the missus found out today were expecting twins in november, the big question is will i be able to fit all the associated crap that you have to carry along with them in a furby vrs. as i dont really want to get a bigger motor apart from a 330 d touring and i cant quite afford one of those at the moment,any replies thanked in advance

howdy people do any of you have twins or two infants,as me and the missus found out today were expecting twins in november, the big question is will i be able to fit all the associated crap that you have to carry along with them in a furby vrs. as i dont really want to get a bigger motor apart from a 330 d touring and i cant quite afford one of those at the moment,any replies thanked in advance

I think that's just an excuse, you just wanted to tell us all the good news!!

Congrats mate!!:handshke:

my cunning plan is to pinch my dads 05 tdci mondeo and leave him the furby when i need a bigger car

Your Dad's a lucky man so!

Congratulations by the way! :)

You'd have to get rid of the parcel shelf for a start, but I still think you'd struggle with strollers/buggies... not that I know about those sort of things. Forget the 330d, it's a cool car, but what about an Octy VRS estate? :rubchin:

Congrats on the twins. Get ready :thumbup:

Can't comment on how much you can get in a furby boot as never looked in one, but I definatly think you need something bigger bought a octy combi for the reason I have twins which is plenty big enough even with a jane powertwin buggy in there.

:)

Congratulations :)

We have twins, hard work but great fun. When they were born we had an Impreza and a Fiat punto. Everything went in fine, but the only advice I can give is being carefull on pram selection, we had a 3wheel urban detour from mothercare, great acceleration and good handling :) and it folded perfectly to fit in the boot.

Got to get yourself to Mothercare or similar and try some out in the boot mate

And congratulations again

Forgot to mention, it would fit in the furby boot without the parcel shelf and with the 2 main wheels removed (quick release jobbies, took about 10 secs)

congratulations! :) i went for a scan with one of my best friends yesterday to find out if she was having a baby boy or girl. tis a boy! i cant wait even tho it isnt mine! haha. hes due in august:)

back to the pram thing i didnt have a problem with my fabia when i had to hlp my cusin..but yeah trying out the different prams is a good bet!:)

well done!

Mine are 11 and 12 now, but we had the two in nappies and a side by side buggy, in a rover metro no bother!

Dont buy too much gear and you will be able to fit it in the car!

Or just get a cheap estate for about a grand, then flog it for a profit when they are walking! A Xsara or something else cheap and reliable.

You'll never afford another VRS if you sell if now - I have had to wait 12 years for mine!

stiffee is the model of one of my mountain bikes, i too think im gonna struggle,my cunning plan is to pinch my dads 05 tdci mondeo and leave him the furby when i need a bigger car

Cove Stiffee...Great bike.

Get an Octavia vRS... Problem solved. :)

Cograts mate.

My missus is trying to convince me, but i keep telling her 'if we have kids, how will i afford a FMIC + turbo'. lol. :mad: = SARAH. :rofl:

Dave

i dont want to sell motor,as cant afford to upgrade? as due to economy being a bit poo, our company have slapped an overtime ban on us which meant my wages were £1100 down on last month grrrrrrrrr!

We had an IVF little boy last November. Before he came we chopped in the missuses Furby vRS for an Octy 2.0 TDi PD140, but now we're looking at vRS PD170's. The boot on the Octy is cavernous. We have a M&P system with base, pram, car seat etc and the lot goes in, along the the crap bag (nappies, mat, food etc), all her hairdressing stuff and still room for shopping.

PS. Anyone wanna buy a 55 Octy Ambiente 2.0 TDi PD140 in Stone Grey on 21k :D

i think is gonna be a suck it and see kind of situation,as missus is against getting rid of furby,and if im stuck i can use works motor its a 56plate 4door toyota hilux 2.7tons with 102 bhp but built like a tank and handles only slightly worse

cheers for all your kind wishes, and speedy replies im off to bed now as did'nt get much kip last night but will check this thread tomorrow evening,if anybody else has anything to contribute.

thanks again stiffee

Congrats on the twins. When mine cam along about 10 months ago, I found the Fabia just too small. so I bought one of these;

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=23586&g2_serialNumber=2

Which has room in the back like this;

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=23599&g2_serialNumber=1

and this:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=23603&g2_serialNumber=2

This will take two Isofix seats + three adults, the pram (Two at a push) and a fair but of luggage. We have just been on holiday in ours and it just swallowed up the lot (Play pen, food, bags, baby, SWMBO, MASSIVE Urban Detour 3 wheeler, toys etc....) with space to spare. If you get the 1.9 pd, it will give you about 48mpg on a bad day, has a fair bit of zip and it's tuneable ;) It also handles well and will put a the VRS to shame with the right "adjustments" :thumbup: It's cheaper than anything close to competing with it and it's reasonably uncommon.

I an't find many bad things to say about it. I know some people will go EWWWW! It looks like crap.... but lets face it, we drive Skoda's. If any of us where that bothered about what other people though then we would all be driving Fords/Vauxhalls etc like good little sheep.

Congratulations. It could be worse BBC News Player - UK-born quintuplets 'doing well'

Yikes!

I'd just echo about asking the shop you buy the buggies or double buggy or double decker buggy from to let you check if it will fit in the boot. Sometimes it's a case of being a geometry wizzard till you figure it out :cool:

Little ones do grow out of small buggies (or they become too heavy for them), so worth thinking ahead also about possible resale values and new-buy costs.

Many congrats and make sure the Missus puts her feet up :thumbup:

Best wishes to both

Mo