Fabia 2 vRS.....Interested?

You can slap whatever you like on it... I still wouldn't pay 14K for a Fabia... unless it was sporting a vRS badge and chucking out about 150 BHP.

That's why SUK are loosing customers... rip off merchants :thumbdwn:

The Mk 1 vRS was well priced at 12ish, and now you think we're going to buy a non vRS model for 14???

Are you mad? :rofl:

I'm leaving Skoda and the rest of the VAG brand behind because of this and I already know of plenty of other people who have done the same... if anything you dealers should be on the phone every day whinning to SUK how much you need a new vRS because you're starting to loose sales :D :D

Hint, Hint :cool:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 130 or so UK dealers have all made their feelings to the brand quite clear, we need a vRS now, not in 2 years.

But as I said somewhere before, the brand do not see a vRS just for the UK in RHD format as economically viable to R&D and produce in what would be to them limited numbers.

Just so you know we do try, a few weeks ago at the Geneva motor show, myself and few other dealers we lucky enough to meet with Dr Fred Keppler, who sits on the Skoda Auto and VWG boards. He was left in no doubt that we in UK would dearly love a Fabia vRS variant just as soon as we can get it.

But, it aint going to happen. So what do we do? The idea to develop our own version is a reactive measure to the interest in the previously expected factory vRS following the Fabia A05 launch last year.

If and when we finalise it, we only plan on a limited number (of our own version) and wouldnt bother if I didnt think it offered people genuine value and a real alternative to leaving the brand altogether to Seat, Honda et al.

Well you've lost me :(

Bad timing and a lack of options / rising Skoda prices. :thumbdwn:

Don't suppose anybody's been clever enough to butcher a Mk 1 vRS and glue the engine and bits on to a Fabia Sport yet? :rolleyes:

This sounds like a job for Jason :)

You lot know how to slate something dont you?

Whats wrong with a stop gap car?

Enough of you winge your arses off that "when is vrs coming " etc, and someone is doing something to fill that gap, and you still moan!

And as for compairing a Seat Ibiza to a Fabia, the Seat looks awful (In my opinion anyway...)

I know everyone is entitled to there opinion, but give some people a chance!

You lot know how to slate something dont you?

Whats wrong with a stop gap car?

Enough of you winge your arses off that "when is vrs coming " etc, and someone is doing something to fill that gap, and you still moan!

And as for compairing a Seat Ibiza to a Fabia, the Seat looks awful (In my opinion anyway...)

I know everyone is entitled to there opinion, but give some people a chance!

thumbs up fella :thumbup:

It's certainly a good idea.

Although something needs to be done with the interior too, IMHO. Seats and wheel need to be sorted.

you would sell more if you did a dealer special 1.6 petrol with a blower kit.... or a 1.4tfsi engine swap...

everyone knows the 1.9pd is an old bag of spanners that will be maxed @ 150hp

so what makes this popular with boys who want to tune their car? why buy something thats "pre maxed" out?

you would sell more if you did a dealer special 1.6 petrol with a blower kit.... or a 1.4tfsi engine swap...

everyone knows the 1.9pd is an old bag of spanners that will be maxed @ 150hp

so what makes this popular with boys who want to tune their car? why buy something thats "pre maxed" out?

i didnt think it was that far from the older 1.9tdi used in the older fabia. hasnt that been tuned to way beyond 150?

a tuned 1.6 would be good, but with the labour costs and general knowledge in the workshops i would say it wouldnt happen without a outside tuning company getting involved

i didnt think it was that far from the older 1.9tdi used in the older fabia. hasnt that been tuned to way beyond 150?

a tuned 1.6 would be good, but with the labour costs and general knowledge in the workshops i would say it wouldnt happen without a outside tuning company getting involved

agree... and lets face it a dealer special with "stickers" will be worth **** all in 3 years time... so why bother... its not like the base car is up to much?

if you want sporty but a seat. that is what VW wants to happen.

Yeas , and theres some perverse fun to be had by not doing what they want!!!

:thumbup:

Another reason why I'm leaving... I'm not jumping through VW's hoops any more! :thumbdwn:

I'm not slating the idea... just wondering how many people would go for it... at the end of the day it's still a Fabia Sport... albeit with a nice set of wheels and a remap.

But let's say that you offer the car at 14K with all the above and running about 135 BHP... with a three year warranty and a customer buys one!

Then 2009 arrives (or whenever) and a new vRS makes an appearance running 150 BHP and looking the poodles noodles.

I would be annoyed at myself for settling for less instead of the best ;)

I am, however all for the idea of making a new breed of Fubry 2... maybe calling it something other than the Sport... and giving us customers a little more if you're going to charge us more for a car with a little more oomph and bigger wheels :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Another reason why I'm leaving... I'm not jumping through VW's hoops any more! :thumbdwn:

I'm not slating the idea... just wondering how many people would go for it... at the end of the day it's still a Fabia Sport... albeit with a nice set of wheels and a remap.

But let's say that you offer the car at 14K with all the above and running about 135 BHP... with a three year warranty and a customer buys one!

Then 2009 arrives (or whenever) and a new vRS makes an appearance running 150 BHP and looking the poodles noodles.

I would be annoyed at myself for settling for less instead of the best ;)

I am, however all for the idea of making a new breed of Fubry 2... maybe calling it something other than the Sport... and giving us customers a little more if you're going to charge us more for a car with a little more oomph and bigger wheels :rolleyes:

I see in your Biog you say you are an eternal optimist. I now realise this is to be taken with a truck load of salt:D

If the Octavia vRS is meant to be the daddy of the Skoda sporting range then obviously the new Furby vRS will have to have less power.

Hence the Octavia MkI vRS has 150bhp and the Fabia MkI vRS has 130bhp. But with the MkII Octavia Diesel vRS having the PD170 surely they will see it in their wisdom to give the Furby the already existing PD150 1.9 TDi ?? There was also talk if I remember rightly about them putting the 1.4 TSi Turbo-Supercharged petrol in the next Fabia vRS?

By the time they bring out the fabia vrs, there won't be many PD's as they are going the common rail.

The octy won't be the daddy when the superb vrs comes out.

they will use the 1.4 tsi 170.

Seat have been testing the ibiza with the 2.0 170TDi so we can expect that in the fabia!!!!

If they don't put this engine in it ent worth them doing one, how's it going to compete with the next fiesta and the corsa vxr, they gotta do something good or what's the point!!!

I would think that the next octy will have the new 206bhp tdi coming out later this year.

Latest i heard is that it's going to be here in 2010.

Ben

Guys and gals,

Lot of talk about this lately and we now know it aint coming for a good long time.

But....if you could get one, is it worth £14k brand new in todays money at 135/140bhp, lowered by 30mm with met paint, tinted glass and a few other toys?

I need some feedback for a 'project'.

Cheers

Think he's on to something & we need to give credit where credits due. No the basic idea is not so originol... Yet for someone at a dealership to stick his neck out, way out... Let's not chop it off when there's bound to be some of us that can't wait till a proper vRS is released!!!

So if the "Package" is right & the dealership stands behind the warranty not only on the OEM parts but also on their add-on package! Then even if they don't sell very many. Of course the upgrades could still be sold individually... It shows the tuner-friendly nature of the dealership!!!

Basic 105 BHP Fabia Sport is now more than I paid for my Fabia VRS so I would want 170 BHP if I am having to fork out 16K. Would probably go for 1.4 twincharge petrol over a Diesel now as I bet the new Commonrail won't feel as punchy as the PD. Plus Renault Clio Cup is excellent value with nigh on 200 (albeit) screaming horsepower.

Ok,so we now know that SUK will not be brining out Fabia vRS untill Sept'2010. We know that it won't be running a PD engine. The octavia vRS TDi is changing to a CR unit in Sept, prior to the rest of the Octavia getting a facelift in November. The Octavia vRS does not get facelifted until June next year - maybe introducing new engine? as someone said there is a more powerful CR engine coming. That would allow for a CR170 Fabia and maybe even a 1.4TSi 140/160 petrol variant as well.

2010 is far too long and i suspect many people will move on to other things. Not sure about Common Rail engines in general. They get a terrible press for reliability and expense in forums like Honest John's Backroom. PD may be noisy but is more efficient and reliable if well maintained. If it is good enough for HGV engines.. I may see if I can get a good deal on a 170 PD Octavia but the DPF bru ha ha puts me off. Anyone driven a VW CR 4 pot in an Audi or Passat? How's it compare to PD?

Is the chassis of the new Fabia suitable for a VRS? The CG is higher because the seats are higher - and so are the driver/passenger weights. I noted more lurching than in the old Fabia. Can the seats be lowered without change to the chassis? Dropping the suspension cannot fully compensate for this.

Maybe got it wrong.

Will wait 2 1/2 years and spend another £25g or so trying to get back all the vRS owners that have gone away to the wonderful Seat / Renault / VW alternatives, all with much better engines and value....or maybe not.

Personally, you learn pretty quick in the motor trade, just because you have something for sale that you think is a good deal, it doesnt mean everybody else agrees.

We will produce our version, publicise it soemwhere on this forum and see if anyone wants to part with their hard earned...

Any I cant see why it would drop more than any other Fabia, and if there are only 50 or so of these things, I would even offer to buy them back in the future!

Keep your eyes and ears open! (or dont)

good on ya whitemarina. Its nice to see that some dealers are listening to what customers want. Provided all work is warranted, it could be a good deal while we are forced to wait for the latest VRS.

What would be really nice (but probably unworkable) is if there was some parts that could be chosen by the customer (exhaust or suspension etc) but I'd still be interested in seeing what the spec and price will be.:thumbup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I would agree with you, a bit of personalisation is always a good thing.

This is kinda thinking out loud, but we could do the base work, remap, lower etc and then offer the basic version of the car and then if anyone wanted to we could play around a bit.

Trouble is the price will keep going up as the options do....!