annoying hatchback issue

When I open my octy mk2 hatchback when it's raining, water runs off the rear screen into the boot and sometimes splashes the rear head rests. Does this happen to anyone else?

Cheers

Rich

Afraid that it happens on my car too - certainly water drips into the hatch area but not on the rear head rests. Haven't really had much time to look at how to deal with it tho.

Yep I get the same problem. Very annoying. Helps if you hold the boot open slightly for a few seconds first to let the water run off.

Same problem here, but the water mainly drops into the boot. At least there is a lip to channel water off the roof - my previous car's roof was completely flat so you had to open the door, dive in and shut it quickly otherwise you would get soaked as the water ran to your side of the car!

I do wonder how much "consumer" testing goes into car design these days - if manufacturers spoke to daily users they would have an idea of the problems.

Same with mine gets drips coming into the near left and right corners when I open it when it is wet. Think it's due to the guttering in the sides not designed to draining properly.

Well I did consider the estate:) but hindsight....

Anyway it seems the real problem area is the little channel at the bottom of the windscreen which is curved upwards rather than the logical downwards? It seems to hold so much water and just pours into the boot. Well at least it's not just me then so I will have to live with it. Apart from that I guess don't use it when it's raining:D

I've had 2 mk.1 estates 2 fabias no problem. January 2008 new mark 2 hatch.

First time of opening boot water spilled in both sides.

I've now done as previous post plenty of wax. Open hatch 2-3 inches then shut this gets rid of most of the water.

Bad design fault.

Bad design fault.

Agreed. The thing is; most people dont want to be messing around lifting the boot just a few inches, waiting... and then opening properly when its bucketing down! :(

Lee

As in previous posts the problem was far worse in the Mk 1. I do not find it much of an issue on my Mk 2 (maybe that is because it was so bad on the Mk 1 that I have been conditioned to water getting in). In fact only the other day I was thinking how much better it was on the Mk 2 (I really need to get out more!!). I just lift my boot straight up and most of the water seems to run off the sides and into the drainage channel. Very little gets into the boot and I would say none gets onto the shelf (and certainly nothing onto the rear head rests).