Please report your Fabia II mpg here!

I'm guessing cos I can't be bothered looking right now but I'd have thought the Fabia would be quite a bit heavier than the polo. Oh and the Fabia has the aerodynamics of a bulldozer (wing mirror whistle at speed for instance)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

New fabia 1,9 TDI DPF.

Getting back to the temperature influence, in the last days we had an average of 12 degrees during the day, and from brim to brim i saw 19,5 kmxlt , not driving with particular care to consumption actually (soome speed up here and there U know)

During winter it was 17.9 to 18.3.

Path is half town half higway but highway often jammed in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine who drives a Golf 1.9GTD, and who is a diesel engineer, blanks off the intake to the heat exchange as he says the air is too cold going into the engine in winter. The intake to the manifold, after the heat exchanger, should feel slightly warm, not cold.

Chris

My latest tankfull was over a mix of shorttown trips and 9 mile commute to work and comp average was 57.9, and brim to brim was 56.7.

In the last 2 weeks or so since the weather warmed up my commute average has been between 63-68 mpg (comp). mainly over 65 so I'm confident my next tank will return close to 60... hopefully!

P.s. 1.4 tdi 80 estate (3800 miles)

Vrs LE with 18k, getting 59mpg. Mainly school runs & 'A' roads; v. little m'way & the occaisional burn off of one of the local 'Chav Mobiles'. Can get mid 70's drivin' like Miss Daisy

• 2 weeks later...

We're just getting used to our new Fabia estate; what an improvement over the old one, and our old petrol engine. However, just a thought; can someone explain if I'm wrong or not. My satnav consistently shows I'm travelling slower than any car's (that I'm in) speedometer, by about 10%. If it's true, as I've heard, that speedos overread, then anyone going by their speedo for their mpg will get a higher indication than the real figure. If so, what do we believe?

Fab 1

I am sure many of us agree with your comment. There has been some discussion in the past on this and a number of threaders came up with 5-8% error in speed and thus less mpg. I am 1.4TDI and my best ever is 57 mpg, thus really about 50mpg. I think the 1.9 TDI is better.

• 2 weeks later...

my newly bought 57 reg 1.2 12v has 21.1 mpg on the clock !!

it's an ex rental car so should i be surprised it's too low ?

i'm going to tesco in the morning to get the super unleaded petrol then go on a long run.

I have a 53 VRs ...best I've done is 67.4. Average on a hundred mile round trip to work is 55mpg. I also have 111,000 on the clock...

My aold Galant Sport 2.5 V6 was returning half of that...I now spend the saving on plonk....beauty..

Macalan

• 2 weeks later...

12000 fab 2 1.4tdi 80 estate. Only just bought.

Got 49mpg (trip computer) average on 280 mile motorway jaunt, cruising about 75-80mph.

Love the car, nice and torquey and very comfortable. Not bad for a 'supermini' (estate) - although out of town, I can't see it getting close to 61mpg!

Tried a 1.9, but I did not like the all or nothing delivery of the power, was £1000 more to buy, higher tax (congestion charge) and I like the fact the 1.4 growls like half a flat 6.

Edited by oatmung
Add info

• 1 month later...

all you lucky people with diesels! Our 1.2 12valve has recently only been driven in the town and we were shocked to find that it only returned 25mpg. The best it has ever

returned was 38 on our daily commute on A roads .Very poor for a modern supermini

My daughter has a mark 1 fabia that has covered 225 town miles and averages 34mpg.

Driving new 1.4 TDI 80 HP Fabia as economically as possible.

Tyre pressures on full load setting.

Only driver in car.

No weight in boot.

Windows closed.

Air con off.

Feather-footing throttle.....

Figures from trip and fiiling top to top.

Urban about 55 mpg.

Motorway 60 mpg at 60 mph, 50 at 70 mph.

Now 2000 miles on the clock. Car has had full diagnostic check.

I think I'd be a bit dissapointed with these figures. My 1.9 tdi which has done 5,000miles, recently did about 65mpg on a 90mile motorway trip at about 60 to 65 mph.

I think I'd be a bit dissapointed with these figures. My 1.9 tdi which has done 5,000miles, recently did about 65mpg on a 90mile motorway trip at about 60 to 65 mph.

Don't forget a new car is 'tight' for the first 5-10,000 miles and fuel consumption should improve with miles covered.

I'm today driving a Fabia 1.4TDI 80 (or 85) loan car from my dealer; lovely three pot burble ;).

Checked and found that with 1950 miles on the clock and the computer not having been reset at all from new, it has generated 47.5mpg over those 1950 miles with all and sundry driving it and most likely ragging it to boot. :D

Hi All

Ok, as for the 1.4TDi, I had a MK1 that until it hit 60,000 miles was returning 53-54mpg everyday use. The after that I was getting 56-58 mpg the best I got was 72mpg in Scotland doing the tourist speed of 50mph (This is after the 60,000 mile mark)

My 08 plate 1.9TDi MK2 is averaging 52.4mpg at 10,000 miles on the clock this has been based over the last 3,300 miles done, and I have been flooring it a lot lately before I did get heavy footed I was getting 54.2mpg average. I wonder what I get when it loosens up properly.

As for the 1.2i 12v 70bhp my parents are getting 42 average in town and 48-50 on a long run, and they only have 3,000 miles on the clock.

It seems to me that certain respects the varriation of mpg through cars reported here are down to the foot on the accelerator... just a thought :D

Fabia 2 1.2HTP 70bhp

Only done 500 miles and trip computer (reasonably accurate according to checks) shows 39 mpg average. Driving like a nun.

Mk 1 Fabia 1.2 64bhp had similar average mpg at low mileage but when loosened up was capable of 55-60mpg when driven very gently on B roads (50mph) - dipping to 38-40mpg around town.

Problem with 1.2 engine is its very smooth, loves to be revved and is very lively if you want it to be. You can pay for reckless use of that with consumption of 35mpg or less.

We drive really carefully and get somewhere near these figures with our new diesel Fab 2, but can't be bothered to monitor all the time. However, as a two person family, we don't really need a 4-seater (our Mazda MX5's consumption is atrocious, the car's a dinosaur!). What we do when we drive to Spain is take out the rear seat seat backs (I haven't looked in the new handbook, but the Mark 1 book didn't tell you how). You do this by taking a screw driver to the circlip type rotating locking rings on the outside pivot points. The seat backs are REALLY heavy, unlike the bases - presumably to protect passengers from the load in the event of an accident. This makes a big difference to car weight, greatly exceeding things like not giving you a spare wheel! I've not measured effect on mpg but would be interested to hear from someone with the patience. We then use the space as an excellent double bed for an overnight stop (our baggage fills the foot wells).

100 miles per day driving a VRS at 80 mph on motorway and average 66 mpg.

Best mpg is driving at ~55-60 were I've hit 66 mpg before. Not the world's most economical driver, but it's certainly do me!

Why does the fabia II have like a million bars for the fuel guage?! Also after it drops to one bar, on say the 1.2 how many miles do u have left actually in the tank?

Ive just got near on 400 miles out of the 1.2 I got atm.