Peeling Paint Rear Spoiler vRS SE 2007

VRSROB1

I have also now become a victim of the dreaded peeling paint on the rear spoiler on My 2007 Fabia vRS SE.

My local dealer normally brilliant are taking the 3 year only warranty on the paintwork tack.

Can I ask for assistance from colleagues on the forum to give me feedback as to how many have been effected as I am going straight to Head Office customer services next week and need some ammunition to back up my complaint. If you've had a similar problem can you let me know.

Is it a particular problem with the Special Editions ??

Thanks for any help.

My Fabia VRS is a silver 07 model also with the dreaded lacquer peel on the spoiler, it's fairly common I think.

It is weird though as when I first bought the car roughly a year and a half ago it didn't have any.

Let me know how you get on please, im probaly going to end up paying a bodyshop to sort it out. It's the only thing that ****es me off about my car bodywork wise.

Bud did they prep and paint the spoiler on the car? Or did they remove it from the car? Hundred quits not too bad.

Lacquer went bad on mine about 18mths ago, i just got round to getting mine sorted..... looks great now, glad to have got it sorted at last. They did mine on the car as they are bonded on, they would have wrecked it if they tried to get it off and would of been a lot more work too. i also had a small scratch on the boot done at the same time, cost me £200 which i thought was pretty reasonable.

The spoiler on my Siver 07 plate VRS was resprayed a couple of months ago at my local VW bodyshop, they removed the spoiler to do the job and it cost approx £150.

The spoiler on my son's silver 05 plate VRS has lost all of it's lacquer and is about to be resprayed in the same bodyshop!

Have the same problem also an SE keep us posted if you have any luck with dealers

Hi Sweep, just to update I have spoken with Skoda Customer Services and logged my complaint. They have asked me not to get it resprayed at present as they want a report from the dealer of their opinion.

I am booked in for Tuesday so I will let you know the outcome. I will give them some credit as the customer services team have been in touch to update.

booked in for another job, Throttle linkage being replaced as sticks now and again at 1400 revs, not good when trying to stop at junctions and it's trying to run away with you lol.

• Like 1

My Fabia VRS is a silver 07 model also with the dreaded lacquer peel on the spoiler, it's fairly common I think.

It is weird though as when I first bought the car roughly a year and a half ago it didn't have any.

Let me know how you get on please, im probaly going to end up paying a bodyshop to sort it out. It's the only thing that ****es me off about my car bodywork wise.

Hi , just to update I have spoken with Skoda Customer Services and logged my complaint. They have asked me not to get it resprayed at present as they want a report from the dealer of their opinion. At the rate its shedding lacquer they wont have much to look at.

I am booked in for Tuesday so I will let you know the outcome. I will give them some credit as the customer services team have been in touch to update.

booked in for another job, Throttle linkage being replaced as sticks now and again at 1400 revs, not good when trying to stop at junctions and it's trying to run away with you lol.

Many thanks for the update, keep us all posted how you get on, my fingers are crossed for you. I'm also considering raising it with skoda HQ or considering going into my local dealer.

It is very annoying and will only get worse once we start getting cold mornings with frost, as it will just lift the lacquer even more.

I'm very tempted to give Skoda HQ a ring regarding the small bubbles on my tailgate now that you have said they seem to be looking into it after the dealer fobbed you off. My local dealer did the same to myself, said they would contact me, never bothered too till I rang them and they told me they wouldn't repair it.

My mate paid £80 in a place local to Buckinghamshire

dont suppose you will mind me asking who it was they used as my mates one is peeling he has been looking for a decent price for ages and lives around there

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem also an SE keep us posted if you have any luck with dealers

Hi Sweep !! Success with Skoda Customer services who after several phone calls too and fro always being very helpful, agreed to respray free of charge.

They did not directly accept there is an issue but agreed to the repair as a gesture of goodwill due to the fact I was a loyal customer of Skoda over many years.

It was quite an interesting test as I was asked to provide them with the registration numbers of all the skodas I had previously owned !! We remembered 7.

The respray was done at Turners of Erlestoke my local dealers who have always been excellent.

The moral, if you are a loyal customer its worth a phone call.

Many thanks for the update, keep us all posted how you get on, my fingers are crossed for you. I'm also considering raising it with skoda HQ or considering going into my local dealer.

It is very annoying and will only get worse once we start getting cold mornings with frost, as it will just lift the lacquer even more.

Success !! Mission accomplished and respray completed courtesy of Skoda who have been helpful.

See my reply to Sweep previously for details.

A happier Rob.

Mmm def food for thought, I'm not exactly a loyal customer as this my first Skoda vehicle. All I can do is try I suppose.

And congrats to you, you got a good outcome.

Edited by redcupraboy

• 1 month later...

That's because i polished and waxed it regularly. How's she going hope your looking after her?! I miss it

• 2 years later...

Mine's fine - parked outside all the time too.

Well over this last winter it started going - top right hand corner initially - and then about two months ago started peeling off - now about 3/4 stripped and I'm thinking I need to sort it out since I might be swapping the car shortly and I think it's probably wise to sort it before trading it in,