Rapid VCDS Tweaks

DaleW

• 9 months later...

I really don't understand why such simple things have been missed...will skoda release updates at a later stage that mean things like fuel levels, one touch windows, staging etc will be activated?

I really don't understand why such simple things have been missed...will skoda release updates at a later stage that mean things like fuel levels, one touch windows, staging etc will be activated?

hmmm..did you watch the videos i posted?

- Volume to be replenished

- dial staging

I would imagine one touch windows rely on a two stage switch, whereas the ones in my 2013 Elegance are simple one stage affairs.

No clue on dial staging or fuel levels.

I would imagine one touch windows rely on a two stage switch, whereas the ones in my 2013 Elegance are simple one stage affairs.

I've got a 2014 elegance with four window controls on the drivers door. You can feel the (subtle) click when you push the drivers door button all the way down (it is one touch down.) It isn't there on the way up, or in either direction on any of the other window controls.

So just one touch down on the drivers door?

Yep.

It's bonkers really, but you get used to it after a while. I'd prefer to have one touch up (I couldn't give a stuff about the passenger window), but I don't think it's anything that can be changed with VCDS.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Would be good to know if there are any additional things we can do, as I have a growing list of tweaks I want (and need) done to my car:

Dial staging (want, just because it looks cool)

Single unlock with remote unlocks whole car (need, getting fed up with forgetting to double press in quick succession)

Increase rapid fire indicators to 5 flashes (need, three isn't enough)

Enable digital mph speed display on Maxidot (want, last car had a digital speedo, starting to realise I don't like analog dials so much)

Audible blip when arming/disarming alarm (would like to have, but pretty sure it's illegal in the UK)

I specified single press to unlock all doors before I took delivery of mine so it's definitely something the dealer can do. I think the others need VCDS

Don't particularly want to pay 30 mins dealer labour to have it done (though very good to know it can be done) - would rather find a nice fellow member with VCDS and buy them a couple of beers or detail their car for them in return.
  • Like 2