Naths MKII vRS Project

Naths vRS

Got the car lowerd 40mm all round couple of weekends ago, can't really tell by pictures but I'll put these up;

IMG_0665_zpsee2ed09f.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsf7abfc70.jpg

Last weekend managed to get the sub wired up and headunit fitted...prepare sunglasses next image is very bright.

IMG_0681_zps19e4b9b9.jpg

haha. Now on this head unit there is loads of possibilities with colours, but I chose to stick with the white and green theme that Skoda have, as you can see in the next photo.

IMG_0682_zpsbc64440e.jpg

Next "modification" is to get the steering wheel centre with the new badge on. Then I'll be happy for a while (until I can find myself a S2000 bonnet that is). :).

Hi Nathan. Can you pretty please post a pic of this head unit in the day light...? Would love to see how it looks and might be getting one as well...! I already have a sub but don't think I can wore that the my Dance radio I currently have fitted.

• Like 1

Hi Slotty. :hi:

Photos taken will upload them tonight.  Regards to wiring them to standard HU, i think if you're brave enough to slice into the original wiring, then there is no other way wiring a sub up afaik. 

I wouldn't even try wiring these to my standard HU...Hence why I asked for more details on how you fitted yours... :rofl:  :happy:

Slotty here are the photos you requested, now before I do post them, it's seriously not as bright as they are in the picture, my flash was turned off. I think it's one of these things you have to see it for yourself.

IMG_0683_zps2168a97a.jpg

IMG_0684_zps8697b79f.jpg

As for fitting, the place I got it from which supposedly sent the correct fitting kit, the cage still needing modifying to fit the gap. So in the end I took it to a garage (AA Silencers) and they did the work.

I like that a lot. Looks really cool. Did you use your old fascia or had to buy a new one...? I know you mentioned the cage needed some tweaking but do ou know how difficult that was...? I already have a sub and really want to wire that in my car and by the looks of it I'll need the new head unit and one you have looks really cool and it's not too expensive. Does it have a Bluetooth android you know if it works with iPhone..? Sorry to ask so many questions but as you already fitted it you probably know the answers...:)

I don't mind the questions as long as I can give the answers. :)

I bought all my stuff from www.caraudiodirect.co.uk.

Double Din Head Units: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/head-units/double-din (mine is 5th one down)

MFSW control adapter: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/connects2-pioneer-stalk-adaptor

Installation Adapter: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors/skoda/fabia/ctksk01-skoda-fabia-2007-radio-installation-kit

Now with that installation kit the only thing that's incorrect (because that site don't supply them you get that from here) is the aerial adapter, is only a Single Fakra, as where the VAG's are Double Fakras (little blue plug) but I also suggest buying a booster (if you can) as some stations are poor quality.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Obviously not updated this in a while :D.  Happy to say I kept the car in the end, mentions of chopping it in for an Evo but running costs were stupid. 

Since having it back I've sold those "winter wheels", to a member on here based up North, Sold the Oz's and have now got the original Gigaros on.  Had a few engine problems but found out that it needed new spark plugs...boy was I relived? :D This is how she looks currently:

33B87E85-7EED-4ED7-80BE-A5EF02C931E0_zps

Also as I bought Brimma's gigaro's from him, (he had white ones) I did a swap with Ant VRS (the lowest MK2 VRS on here) so he could have white on white :thumbup:  and i bought a BoV spacer and got it fitted, just look at the difference, mines at standard height :x  :peek:

5301DDF5-3016-47D8-BFC3-B4C301E96AE6_zps

Having talks with the missus (as we want to move in together soon), we came up with the solution that once I've paid this car off,  She has it, and I get the new one 8) which of course will be another Skoda, hopefully VRS as this one as done me proud.

Future plans are in no particular order: 

• Lowered 40mm F/R,
  • Wind Deflectors
  • New HU,
  • Upgraded Speakers
  • Powerflow Exhaust - Getting a quote this w.end (01/08)
  • De-Wiper (got the bits just trying to find time).
  • Upper Honeycomb Grill
  • Centre Armrest,
  • Hydraulic Lift for Bonnet,
  • Rear VRS 'Running Boards'
  • Rear Tints
  • Paint Rear Bumper (due to lacquer peel),
  • Update Airbag and Centre Wheels with latest Logo
  • Rear Light Tints - Getting done Dark Smoke this w.end (01/08)
  • Front Number Plate Recess Fill.
  • Like 3

Hi nath great car I've been looking at replacing the front lights on my early vrs to the black ones, how hard is it to install with the re wiring and that plus would you say it is worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mr J.  It does look a lot of wiring however i'm more than happy to meet up either at car show/general meet so that you could have a look at the wiring...

here is a quick video i made (ignore my brummie voice :D ) but like I say more than welcome to have a more detailed look. :thumbup:  

reason for re-wiring is because the high-beam doesn't flash say if you were to let someone out or flash at a fellow Skoda owner, but i think the high beam came on as a permanent when needed down dark lanes.

• Like 1

Nice :) sorry to see the car was beaten up slightly :o but you got her fixed alright, shall be keeping my eyes on this

Cheers Hyphons, I know, I was gutted when it happened, really did think it was going to get written off. :whew:.    Mods tonight (weather permitting) will be to de-wiper and put my centre caps in.

Did you do the de wiper mod if so have you got any pictures nath

Was going to but the stubborn ****** wouldn't come off, getting a tool tomorrow from machine mart that will help.

What was ya quote from powerflow? I like the lights..

£275 for box and tip getting it done next month.

Was going to but the stubborn ****** wouldn't come off, getting a tool tomorrow from machine mart that will help.

£275 for box and tip getting it done next month.

why don't you look at cobra sport pal who did mine, can buy it off the shelf