not start

Not battery that was new a month ago is the wire bit a big job or how much to get it fixed

If you get a whirr, it's not the control wire. It sounds like the battery to me too. When you turn the key to the start position, does the clock reset?

If instrument panel goes out when key turned...(1) dud battery  (2) Loose connections to battery or main earth terminal. Do'es it start if you use jump leads?

Edited by ilikeradios

Altenator not charging the battery, possibly the wire going from the altenator to the battery.

Check all earth as well, put a mutti meter on the terminals to check voltage and continuity.

Battery only 1 month old tried to start it with a battery jump box same thing everything dead ?

How come you changed the battery? If your battery isn't that old it could be your alternator that's not charging your battery.

When ignition turned all lights show when turned to start all lights go out ju.St get a whirrr

Checked battery terminals all tight,going to check rest today will update later

After checking battery 13.25 vaults and going up took it out and tray found a Ted wire snapped off looked all round not sure were to connect it has female spade with a bit of male init

This thin red wire doesn't also have a black stripe along it? If so it's the one rwbaldwin was referring to in post #2, the starter solenoid wire. I'll get a pic up in a minute or three.

startersolenoid_zpse2d4b7f6.png

Have you got a wire going to that connector?

get a multi meter and test the battery for 12.6 volts, voltage should be no less than 12.4 really. the starter motor runs striaght off the battery and need a fair amount of current to function. do a crank test too, disable ignition and crank the engine while the multimeter is on the battery .. shouldnt fall below 9v. 

According to RAC man mine has been modified them wire should go onto a block mine hasn't got one it has a round plastic bit the connection went down middle of can't be put back now needs starter motor thanks skoda