Vrs prices when new

I bought mine brand new  1 July 2005, got a massive discount, bought the car for £13,500. Nearly pulled the guys hand off when he offered me a new one for less than they were trying to sell a 2nd hand one for. It was all to do with sales targets.

They were approx £15000 - £15500 between 02 and 04, we were doing them regurlarly at £13500 new OTR for solid colours. The whole range was very reasonably priced back then, hell the 1.9 Sdi classic 5dr in solid paint was £8995 new for Taxi Drivers, selling them was like shelling peas. Dont forget up to mid 02 (ish) all skodas were being sold with 3yrs unlimited mileage warranty as well

alright that seems like decent price. i bought mine like 6 weeks ago for 3grand, less than 46k miles,  2 previous owners, full service history, brand new set of summer and winter tyres, with cruise control, air con etc, in immaculate condition. do you reckon this is reasonable price? i dont regret a single penny :)

alright that seems like decent price. i bought mine like 6 weeks ago for 3grand, less than 46k miles,  2 previous owners, full service history, brand new set of summer and winter tyres, with cruise control, air con etc, in immaculate condition. do you reckon this is reasonable price? i dont regret a single penny :)

Sounds like a steal. Mine was a couple of quid under £3k with 70k on it - and I looked long and hard. Did see one at a main dealer with 40k on it for £4,500 which despite the mileage was too much imho.

From what I looked at, current prices are about:

£3,000 for lowish mileage, immaculate, unmodified, FSH.

£1,000 - £2,000 for high mileage, reasonable condition, FSH.

Under £1,000 for anything ropey.

Which when you think of what you're getting is a bargain - £13k-£16k for a new one would have been a bit of a bargain at the time i'd say too!

• Like 1

Dont know what mine was new, 03 plate, black, cruise control, sunroof, reversing sensors all the other vrs gubbins.

I paid £1440 in feb 2013

so... 10% of the value after 10yrs.... thats pretty okay - 9% / year depreciation...

Only just seen this thread.  I bought mine new in March 2006 for £12500 which seemed like a bargain at the time.  I don't think I'll get a deal like that again.  It was traded in six and a half years later for £3200 and sold for £3900 if I remember rightly.  I still miss that car.....YG06 UOH - where are you now?