Just ordered a Yeti L&K 170!

michael99

Probably a bit late, but I'll chip in with my thoughts on the seats.

For me, they are my only main disappointment with the Yeti.

As others have said, it's mainly down to the seat base not being at the right angle. It doesn't give me any support under my legs. 

I don't find much in the way of sideways support for legs or upper body either, feels more like I'm sliding around "on" the seats than sitting "in" them.

When I was looking for my Yeti (a 2011 Elegance CR170) the choice within my budget was slim, so I didn't get much chance to pick and choose what options I got.

I think if I had the choice now, I'd would try and go for one with the electric seat, just so I could get the additional adjustments.

I appreciate everyone is a different size & shape though, and not everyone will feel the need for decent sideways support, so perhaps the seats are OK for others.

For reference I'm 6ft tall and about 78kg...(a little over 12st).

• Like 1

+1 on the seats ,,,,, l&k spec should include everything , including electric seats, I just cannot get comfy in ours , it's ruined the car to the point I've tried to sell it recently ,,,,,, don't buy one without this option ticked !

Personally, I've never had a problem with the seats in the two Elegance and one L&K Yetis I've owned so it remains a subjective option in my humble opinion!

PS I find the rather tasty brown L&K seats vastly more comfortable than the black ones in the Elegances...... :bandit:

• Like 1

Personally, I've never had a problem with the seats in the two Elegance and one L&K Yetis I've owned so it remains a subjective option in my humble opinion!

I expect a lot has to do with body size & shape, which is different for everyone.

I've come to the conclusion the Yeti was designed for someone shorter and wider than me :D

Not had a car with electric seats however I did like them on the Superb L & K model borrowed on 24 hour test drive recently. I'd have them on my next car for sure. I also liked the panoramic sunroof.

I have the MDI interface on the Octavia we own. Excellent option and worthwhile IMHO. I don't plug my phone in. I have a Seagate 250GB HDD with all my music on all controlled from the head unit, about 60GB in total. Perfect and so easy and neat. HDD just lives in the glove compartment.

• 1 month later...

I`m a bit confused, this is what I is on the website of the lease company I am getting my L&K from. which is due in at the dealers 20th of october!

SKODA YETI OUTDOOR DIESEL ESTATE 2.0 TDI CR [170] Laurin + Klement 4x4 5dr

I thought the CR in the title referred to the old model & the new model is the FL?

CR stands for "Common Rail" which is a variety of diesel engine.  It's the same engine in both pre & post facelift Yetis, what distinguishes yours as an FL is the fact that "Outdoor" is stated, which is an FL-only derivative.

Panic over! :sun:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Crikey this has been a long wait. I just sold my Fiat Stilo on ebay,  preempting delivery of my yeti as I have no space for 3 cars all at once.

But its taking longer then expected! Even though its was built at the start of the month...its still another 2 to 3 weeks to get to the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey this has been a long wait. I just sold my Fiat Stilo on ebay,  preempting delivery of my yeti as I have no space for 3 cars all at once.r

But its taking longer then expected! Even though its was built at the start of the month...its still another 2 to 3 weeks to get to the dealer.

My wait last year/earlier this year seemed to go on for ever, but I finally took delivery on the 1st of March and have done 17k happy miles since then. My L&K is also a black 170 4x4 FL model, and it has really lived up to expectations. My only extra was the spare wheel and I don't miss anything else - although I would like to try out the electric seats. The only slight negatives are fuel economy on motorways (I get about 44mpg according to Fuelly) and the ride which is a it rough for Mrs snafu. I'm planning to stick 16" wheels with bigger tyres on when/if the weather gets properly cold and that will be interesting.

Believe me the wait is worthwhile and the delicious excitement when you collect it from the dealer is a great feeling!

• Like 2

My wait last year/earlier this year seemed to go on for ever, but I finally took delivery on the 1st of March and have done 17k happy miles since then. My L&K is also a black 170 4x4 FL model, and it has really lived up to expectations. My only extra was the spare wheel and I don't miss anything else - although I would like to try out the electric seats. The only slight negatives are fuel economy on motorways (I get about 44mpg according to Fuelly) and the ride which is a it rough for Mrs snafu. I'm planning to stick 16" wheels with bigger tyres on when/if the weather gets properly cold and that will be interesting.

Believe me the wait is worthwhile and the delicious excitement when you collect it from the dealer is a great feeling!

If you'd like to do a trade for my 16" wheels (FL Yeti Greenline) Just send a PM :)

Good to hear! I`m getting a bit finnicky about the colour choice now...it looks great in the youtube video in black at the start of this post, however I am not so sure in these images off

ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-63-Skoda-Yeti-Outdoor-2-0TDI-CR-140-4X4-DSG-Laurin-Klement-/181523523273?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a43a526c9

Im thinking white looks great as well as jungle green now...... Oh well Im sure the black will be great when I see it in the flesh.

The spare wheel is a must too, Ill buy that seperately. I can live with 44mpg....diesels a pretty good price at the moment!

Good to hear! I`m getting a bit finnicky about the colour choice now...it looks great in the youtube video in black at the start of this post, however I am not so sure in these images off

ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-63-Skoda-Yeti-Outdoor-2-0TDI-CR-140-4X4-DSG-Laurin-Klement-/181523523273?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a43a526c9

Im thinking white looks great as well as jungle green now...... Oh well Im sure the black will be great when I see it in the flesh.

The spare wheel is a must too, Ill buy that seperately. I can live with 44mpg....diesels a pretty good price at the moment!

To me black is the best looking colour, though it does show up the dirt. I think white is good too, the jungle green is good...but I'd buy the black again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have had it now for 1300 miles. and love it  :D

The good things

Love the look, the brown leather seats, black colour & the L&K wheels, the electric sunroof is great...so much light. I am also liking

the park assist...parks better then me! The front lights are awesome, I love the way they go through an alignment routine

on startup, it does get attention at night. The ride is very smooth, not much wind noise at high speeds which is a nice surprise, love the power too.

What I am not missing

Cant say I am missing the lack of electric adjustable seats at all, I am perfectly happy with the manual adjustment (Based on

some early recommendations) I am not missing an MDI port either. The SD card, hard drive & excellent bluetooth are all more

then meets my requirements.

My only minor quibble

The media centre touchscreen is a bit slow to respond & clunky, it feels like a 2nd generation iphone,I suppose the technology just

does not get updated as fast as our phones, mind you my wifes new Nissan note has a better touch screen for navigation!

And a few questions

1 - Perhaps silly questions, but I have not found the solution yet! Does anyone know how to turn the automatic wipers on? The manual

says pull the stalk, however this only releases a jet of water & a few strokes of the wipers for a few seconds, the wipers stay on manual.

2 -  How do you turn off the radio or music when the sat nav is running? 

Here it is finally!  and in need of a wash too.

IMAG0018.jpg

1 - push the stalk UP one notch

2 - AIUI it is not possible, all you can do is turn down the volume, press the R/H knob in for the sat nav to repeat the last instruction to adjust the sat nav volume, only adjust the volume whilst she is speaking

• Like 1

What Gizmo said on the wiper.  Then use the little titty thing on top of the stalk to adjust sensitivity (i.e. level of rain required to operate).

Yep thanks chaps, for some reason I thought this was just a speed setting & it was not on automatic.

1 - push the stalk UP one notch

2 - AIUI it is not possible, all you can do is turn down the volume, press the R/H knob in for the sat nav to repeat the last instruction to adjust the sat nav volume, only adjust the volume whilst she is speaking

I would never of figured that out for the sat nav!

Sorry, I can't help with the tech questions but I can reassure you that that car does not need a wash.  For months.  It's a Yeti :giggle:

Im not there yet, a few more years of ownership & I probably wont care...in the meantime here is a better one!

IMAG0090.jpg