DarrellGB

Just ordered the following from SuperSkoda:

- YETI - RS pedals for manual transmission -

- Skoda Yeti - RS6 MATT seat handle insert set

- Yeti - CHROME frame for radio panel

- Yeti facelift 2014+ original Skoda stainless steel exhaust tips

And I saw these running boards:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-off-road-side-step-panels

I think they look great, but has anyone fitted them? If so, how tricky a job was it?

Reduce the ground clearance slightly.

Do nothing to protect the side of the car.

If knocked potentially damage the sills they are mounted to.

Get covered in road crud and make your trousers dirty.

Look cheap and tatty.

Bling over substance!

• Like 2

That's your opinion,it does not answer the question that was asked by unreacheable!

Thank you :) as they say, opinions are like farts, everyone has them, doesn't mean you should air them in public. ;)

Thank you :) as they say, opinions are like farts, everyone has them, doesn't mean you should air them in public. ;)

You do have the ability to conjure up a certain, distinctive, turn of phrase it seems.  I see on your profile that Christianity is top of your list of interests....is this one of the expressions bandied about in Christian circles?

:)

That's your opinion,it does not answer the question that was asked by unreacheable!

That's true...it is LG's opinion, which he gives freely and, most likely, with the intention of simply giving advice based on experience which he will have gained in the past...he has, after all, had quite a lot of experience with Yeti's used on and off road and, I would think, with the fitment of running boards fitted to other vehicles too.  He's surely entitled to offer an opinion without being entreated to rude replies (see the answer given by another contributor).

Oh dear, it appears my sense of humour is lost on certain forum members!

Well I sincerely apologise if any offence has been caused by my joke. It was in no way intended to cause offense or hurt to anyone so I humbly beg your forgives.

• Like 1

Now back to my original post, regardless of personal opinion of running boards, does anyone have first hand experience with their fitment to the Skoda Yeti?

For example, is any drilling involved ?

• Like 1

Hi unreachable,

can't help you're fitting running boards to the Yeti.

I've had other makes of cars with the boards fitted, my reason was to stop other drivers?? when parking, from bashing their doors into my car doors.

I like boards fitted but, I think holes need to be drilled on the Yeti (yes I know that's what you are asking).

If you get chance, why not pop into a local Skoda dealer and ask their workshops about them.

In some ways I have an opinion like you, I fit bling/extras to my cars for me while some folk think I'm mad. Maybe I am.

Enjoy life and drive safely.

• Like 2

Unreachable has achieved the status of my ignore list.

Fred

Hortons had them fitted on their Yeti at the national meet... if I’m honest they looked a bit tacky and that was before someone had used acid to clean them (by the looks of it) as the finish was going milky.

• Like 1

Already on mine :)

+1. There is being humourous and there is being rude. I'm not finding unreachable's posts enlightening or funny so he can join Offnote.

• Like 1

Ah, the friendly Yeti forum strikes again, hunting in packs.

In the 5 years I've been around I've never even come close to adding someone to a blocked list, let alone someone who dares to crack a joke.

Blimey.

• Like 4

Oh dear, it appears my sense of humour is lost on certain forum members!

Well I sincerely apologise if any offence has been caused by my joke. It was in no way intended to cause offense or hurt to anyone so I humbly beg your forgives.

Thank you Fred, happy to be on it, God bless you and all you do.

Bonus, I'm on a roll, God bless you too :)

Why do you have to be so rude?

I bet you aren't as rude to your congregation?

This is a DISCUSSION forum and I was making a point about the boards. I did not criticise or ridicule, I just pointed out some of the problems with them that you may not have considered.

If you wish to object to a posting then you should report it to the Moderators.

• Like 1

Why do you have to be so rude?

I bet you aren't as rude to your congregation?

This is a DISCUSSION forum and I was making a point about the boards. I did not criticise or ridicule, I just pointed out some of the problems with them that you may not have considered.

If you wish to object to a posting then you should report it to the Moderators.

No objection and wasn't intending to come across as rude, so again I apologise if that impression was given. My sense of humour is clearly lost in translation when typed out, oh well, can't please all the people all the time. And as I side issue, my congregation do get me, feel free to pop in, everyone is welcome, needed and loved.

• Like 1

Hortons had them fitted on their Yeti at the national meet... if I’m honest they looked a bit tacky and that was before someone had used acid to clean them (by the looks of it) as the finish was going milky.

Would be good to see some fitted 'in the flesh' as it were, always difficult to judge from pictures. Primary thought was "they look good" but after your feedback about them longer term it maybe a good argument to avoid. I saw one forum member with some side skirt bump guards which looked equally as nice.

A statement all who are clearly very emotional on Briskoda:

"I am a Yorkshireman, and have a very abrupt sense of humour which I have found can be lost in translation in a digital format with the absence human subtleties and body language. I have no ill feeling against "chavs" and have in fact devoted the last 14 years of my life developing a school which I founded to provide a place for the kids nobody else wants. This school is now one of only 3 in the North West rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted. For those quoting scripture, this is not a brag but an outline to help some understand. I am blessed to lead a church which operates the Runcorn Foodbank and has fed 15000 people in the last 2yrs, we also operate the Runcorn CAP Centre, helping people trapped by debt, leading them to a debt free life. I travel the world speaking at conferences, prisons and churches bringing hope to those the world has written off as well as many other projects. So before you subtly judge, afford me the grace you are so quick to accuse me of failing to afford others.

I will from now on stick to the facts and avoid making light of topics or posts as it seems to upset some which could not be further from my intention. I have apologised on more than one occasion to those effected but can do no more." I truly regret posting this but at least it has given me a flavour of some who use Briskoda.

That's all I'm going to say now and would like to thank the longstanding Briskoda members who have given me such a warm welcome to the forum. (That was one of my jokes too, couldn't resist one last funny).

• Like 1

These aren't the same ones but they are suitable for DIY fitting unlike the Superskoda ones where professional fitting is required. And they are available from a UK company.http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/skoda-yeti-aluminium-side-steps

Thanks Denis, they have much clearer fitting instructions and answer my original question perfectly, you're a star :)

• Like 2