Tyre pressure monitoring

That makes it clearer. The false alerts on mine have shown all four wheels in red rather than indicating a particular tyre.

Don't quote me on it but under vehicle status is shows all four wheels as a problem, however the maxi dot message tells you which wheel/s are affected, also the TPMS menu also shows the affected tyres and not all.

It's a good system I think, the previous gen system just used to say "Check Tyres".

Edited by pipsyp

Also would like to say for the 2nd time Skoda Assist have been superb. They had someone to me within 30 mins and back on the road within the hour of getting the puncture.

2nd time I've had to use them for a puncture. Currently hold the AA in quite high regard.

Edited by pipsyp

Very happy with it informed me very quickly exactly which tyre. Big ass nail in rear right tyre. Not repairable and now a 100 quid lighter. But it did its job perfectly.

Edited by Stuski

Two punctures in 6 months ! where are you driving Pipsyp, Rally Stages ?

Oh no had a puncture a couple of years ago on the the Fabia vRS but managed to make it to work (couple of miles) before it really lost pressure . They were superb then too.

I check my tyre pressures every week and over the past year of ownership have never needed to pump in more than half a psi per tyre to maintain the required pressure. It follows therefore, that I've almost forgotten about the TPMS , having set it initially on first getting the car.

Today, however, I needed a new tyre (kerb damage !), and although ensuring the pressure was correct, neglected to re set the TPMS, in fact, not even realising I had to do so. It wasn't long before I was forcibly informed (ding dong, huge orange light on Maxidot) that my left front tyre ( the new one) was at fault. After checking the pressure WAS correct, I read the manual to discover that any change to a wheel/tyre on the same axle requires a reset of the TPMS - once done, normal service resumed !

JKW

I saw that you have 024002 and my coding is 004002. So, try with 72C002, because I change only the first and the third byte. What parking sensors you have: front/rear or front and rear?

Edited by doggy007

I am wondering if on my car the TPMS is malfunctioning. I neglected to reset the system prior to going on holiday with a fully loaded car where I had increased the tyre pressures to the recommended settings. After a 500 mile round trip, not a single alarm went off. Having read how sensitive the system can be prompted me to carry out a test, so I deflated one rear tyre by about 10 psi and drove a few miles, no alarms at all. So, it's either there is a fault with the TPMS or the diameter of 17" wheels with 45 series tyres on does not change significantly enough for the system to detect the slight difference in rotational speed in the few miles I drove. Considering others have reported their system is quite sensitive to changes, I can only think something is not right on my car. If it fails to detect a slight deflation quickly then the system is basically useless. 

I really still cannot believe that people don't RTFM........................... :dull:

TPMS systems can only work if the ECU has a stored correct base line pressure to then compare the current state of the tyre............any deviation % will then cause it to flag as a warning...........

• Like 1

Despite having RTFM thoroughly when I first took delivery, the TPMS does not appear to be as sensitive as others are reporting. I set all tyre pressures to recommended 32 psi all round, reset the TPMS via infotainment, drove to work. On my return home I dropped the RNS tyre to 25 psi and after about 5 miles of driving I gave up and returned home, reinflated the same tyre. If the system does not detect a pressure loss within a mile then by that time a puncture, which could be repaired might turn into a tyre beyond repair.

Tried on a lot of oct III cars

30c002 (30bytes ESC block)

32c002 (30bytes ESC block) car with parking pilot

On 30 bytes ESC block u can also change in-menu operations for disable/enable ESC functions (or Enable ESCsport). Just change last 30 byte to 6,7 or 9 like a 30c009 :) Enjoy.

Edited by sfworgua
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have:

- TPM:
1. 03 ABS Brakes
2. STG Adaptation -> function 10
3. Choose Tire pressure monitoring display
4. verified Store value is 2
5. the same value stored is on Tire pressure monitoring display;tire selection

in Long Coding the latest 3 Bytes on my side was 004002 and I changed with 70C002

to see the menu in bolero :
1. 5F Information
3. Choose (13) - Vehicle function list BAP-tire_pressure_system_0x07
4. Set value to active
verified if (14)-Vehicle function list BAB-tire_pressure_system_0x07_msg_bus have value: Suspension data bus

1. 5F Information
3. Choose (56)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_rdk
4. Set value to active
verified if this option is actiated: (58)- Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_rdk_over_threshold_high 

1. 17 Instruments
2. STG Long Coding -> function 7
3. Byte 04
4. Enable bit 0 -> Indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) instaled.

Thanks for the description I have succesfully activated TPMS.

I did not have this from the factory.

Mine was also 004002 and I changed to 70C002.

I have only rear parking sensors.

I really still cannot believe that people don't RTFM........................... :dull:

Yes - I've gradually come to realise that I probably should read the manual proactively, whereas on all previous cars I've regarded it as something to refer to only when necessary.  In nearly six months of ownership there have been a few things I've discovered that I probably ought to have known from the start and would have if I'd read the manual thoroughly.

I had a tyre pressure warning the other day and, on checking, found that the tyre it said was low was indeed low.  I re-inflated that tyre but the warning didn't go out as I expected (no reset button as there was on my Mk5 Golf), so I assumed there was something else I'd have to do but I didn't know what, and quick look through the manual didn't answer my question.  Of course, for the next 24 hours I didn't know whether the tyre was soft again or simply that the warning hadn't been reset.  Then I discovered the reset buried in the depths of the Infotainment panels.

Something I'm wondering is this:  if I reset the tpms with the pressures all say 1psi below what they're supposed to be, and then inflate them the last 1psi, will that give me a little bit of grace so that it doesn't warn me about insignificant fluctuations, or might the tpms complain that the tyres are inflated above the set amount?

Yes - I've gradually come to realise that I probably should read the manual proactively, whereas on all previous cars I've regarded it as something to refer to only when necessary.  In nearly six months of ownership there have been a few things I've discovered that I probably ought to have known from the start and would have if I'd read the manual thoroughly.

This is why I always read the manual (providing it's available online, like most are these days) on pretty much every product before making the decision to make a purchase. You can often find out about things that aren't mentioned in any brochures or specs sheets via the manual, and they can sometimes be things that make the difference between buying and looking for a better option elsewhere.

Tried on a lot of oct III cars

30c002 (30bytes ESC block)

32c002 (30bytes ESC block) car with parking pilot

On 30 bytes ESC block u can also change in-menu operations for disable/enable ESC functions (or Enable ESCsport). Just change last 30 byte to 6,7 or 9 like a 30c009 :) Enjoy.

Interesting, if mine is currently ending 02 and all I wanted to do was enable the option for ESC sport in Infotainment, what would I change it to?

Interesting, if mine is currently ending 02 and all I wanted to do was enable the option for ESC sport in Infotainment, what would I change it to?

I've checked it just for interest.

If you change just the last number you will get different options under ESC system:

9: Activated / ASR off / ESC sport

6: Activated / ESC sport / ESC off

7: Activated / ASR off / ESC off

The ABS + the slippery warning light (or what) will keep flashing on dash and the ESC system menu will be unavailabe until you completely exit VCDS.

If you select ESC off in the menu you will get a full-screen warning and you have to confirm it again.

Then you will get a nice red ESC off icon on your maxidot :)

I reverted back to the original coding it was just my curiosity ;)

Pics here: http://postimg.org/gallery/otdl3962/

I've checked it just for interest.

If you change just the last number you will get different options under ESC system:

9: Activated / ASR off / ESC sport

6: Activated / ESC sport / ESC off

7: Activated / ASR off / ESC off

The ABS + the slippery warning light (or what) will keep flashing on dash and the ESC system menu will be unavailabe until you completely exit VCDS.

If you select ESC off in the menu you will get a full-screen warning and you have to confirm it again.

Then you will get a nice red ESC off icon on your maxidot :)

I reverted back to the original coding it was just my curiosity ;)

Pics here: http://postimg.org/gallery/otdl3962/

What are the options available in the menu as standard? Or does that vary depending on model/age of the car?

This is why I always read the manual (providing it's available online, like most are these days) on pretty much every product before making the decision to make a purchase. You can often find out about things that aren't mentioned in any brochures or specs sheets via the manual, and they can sometimes be things that make the difference between buying and looking for a better option elsewhere.

Yes indeed - I often do that too and did so before buying mine, so either I have since forgotten this particular feature or I didn't consider it interesting enough to be worth reading before purchase.