Fitting hids

Anybody has a link to a good source of 4300K H7 HID conversion kit?

Also, anybody looked at LED H7 main beam bulbs?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/new-gen3-h7-5600k-cree-led-foglight-headlamp-kit-3000lm-white/?gclid=CIyq4P6v5sECFbDLtAodCnAAYQ

I did a thread over in 'general car chat' about the kit youve linked. I cant get a link as im on my phone, but do a search and it might turn up.

Also i messaged HIDs direct and they replied suggest never to use the led kit as a headlight upgrade as it doesnt provide a good enough beam pattern, and its just not suitable.

I think theyre just a kit that looks aesthetically good, but actually useless for night driving performance.

The guys over in the MkII Octavia forum have been talking HID kits for a long time.

See this long running thread...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264447-hid-aftermaket-kit-help-for-definitive-how-to/page-1?hl=+hid

Lodon Colour on eBay have a fantastic reputation with reliable, high quality, well priced H7 kits...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700#ht_4971wt_904

I have a London Colour 35W 4300K H7 HID kit behind projectors in my Superb and can't fault it.

The guys over in the MkII Octavia forum have been talking HID kits for a long time.

See this long running thread...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264447-hid-aftermaket-kit-help-for-definitive-how-to/page-1?hl=+hid

Lodon Colour on eBay have a fantastic reputation with reliable, high quality, well priced H7 kits...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700#ht_4971wt_904

I have a London Colour 35W 4300K H7 HID kit behind projectors in my Superb and can't fault it.

Have you ever tried the hids direct kits mate?

Any idea if the London colour ones are brighter?

I haven't, the reviews on the London Colour kit were very positive so I didn't look elsewhere.

I imagine that as long as the specs are the same (35W, 4300K, H7 etc.) then there shouldn't be much if any difference in brightness?

• Like 1

I haven't, the reviews on the London Colour kit were very positive so I didn't look elsewhere.

I imagine that as long as the specs are the same (35W, 4300K, H7 etc.) then there shouldn't be much if any difference in brightness?

Hmm. Tempted to replace my kit. It doesnt seem as bright as other xenons sometimes.

Might even go for 4300k for a little extra output tbh

I have been looking at this thread with great interest. 

My only question would be, What have peeps done about Car Insurance. Is this something that they need to know about. Is this classed as a "mod"? 

I am tempted to purchase, but I wanted to get other people options regarding the above matter.

Ta. 

I have been looking at this thread with great interest.

My only question would be, What have peeps done about Car Insurance. Is this something that they need to know about. Is this classed as a "mod"?

I am tempted to purchase, but I wanted to get other people options regarding the above matter.

Ta.

I rang up Axa when i took out my policy and explained it to them. After the girl had googled what 'HID's' are, she asked her manager. He said dont worry about it, i dont need to declare. However i might not get the cost of the kits back if an accident occurs. (Which im obv not bothered about)

Different insurance companies vary, so its worth ringing up and seeing where you stand.

AXA dont allow any modifications in a performance enhancing way, but are very good on the aesthetics as they dont bother about them. A very fair way to do it IMO.

• Like 1

I just put some hids in my vrs this morning.

1, I don't like how they fit.

2, the bulb and one of the pastic connecting clips had to be modded so the metal clip would fit.

3, I've picked the wrong bloody colour 6k.

4, to do the job right. I want to take the lights out and put the box inside the lamps so they arn't in the engine bay.

5, wasted my time and money on these crap.

Ant

• Like 2

I just put some hids in my vrs this morning.

1, I don't like how they fit.

2, the bulb and one of the pastic connecting clips had to be modded so the metal clip would fit.

3, I've picked the wrong bloody colour 6k.

4, to do the job right. I want to take the lights out and put the box inside the lamps so they arn't in the engine bay.

5, wasted my time and money on these crap.

Ant

That's a lot of work to, as to get the headlights out the bumper has to come off doesn't it?

yes it does. done it before to get the forge fmic on

Hi Ant,

Try this thread and go to page 8 post number 213:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313270-hid-h7-kits-for-fabia-with-projector-headlights/page-8

Mine were fitted by Brisky member and the only things you can see in the engine bay are the ballasts which are mounted to the plastics (as per the photos) using the double sided reg tape from Halfords. All wires etc are hid behind the rubber headlight cover.

I love mine and would never go back to the standard bulbs (owning the Fabia MK2)

Matty

Well I have mine fitted now after around 2 hours of work. Initial work on modding light bulb holders was simple, and mounting the ballasts in the engine bay was pretty straight forward too although I had to re-do one of them as I wouldnt hvae been able to plug in the HID lamp wire where I had it first. Ended up using double sided tape for both which work well. LH is vertically mounted between battery and front wing just behind headlight unit and the RH is stuck under the slam panel just above the inboard edge of RH light unit. 

The hardest part was getting the damn bulbs in and getting the holders to lock into place. I just couldn't get them to rotate enough and locate the "ears" under the locking tabs. It seemed like the bulb was too long and was touching on something although I doubt this. eventually managed to get both in after much cursing and scratching of head. Lights were pretty dull initially but seemed significantly brighter after about 10 minutes. Time will tell how much difference they make but I think they need to be adjusted to project a little further down the road as the beam is still pretty close to the car. 

On that note, anybody know if its a simple job to raise the beam on the Cornering headlights or if it has to be done another more complex way? On my brother's Passat (has auto levelling) it has to be done through VCDS otherwise just turning the screws messes with the whole system. 

Hi Ant,

Try this thread and go to page 8 post number 213:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313270-hid-h7-kits-for-fabia-with-projector-headlights/page-8

Mine were fitted by Brisky member and the only things you can see in the engine bay are the ballasts which are mounted to the plastics (as per the photos) using the double sided reg tape from Halfords. All wires etc are hid behind the rubber headlight cover.

I love mine and would never go back to the standard bulbs (owning the Fabia MK2)

Matty

I really want then in the lamps. The hole is big enough where the sidelight is, I've got the black lamps. I will test them tonight to see if I'm happy with them and not too blue.
  • Like 1

Well. 100w rally bulbs are probably better yes, but i havent seen them, as i wouldnt take the risk on my car.

6k has less output than 4300k/5000k plus is too blue IMO. As I've said a million times on here lol.

well the 100w rally bulbs have been in the car for nearly a year now.

Does anybody know what the difference between 35w hid ballast and the 55w ballasts or is it the bulbs that's different?

In the end I am not happy with them and there other rated!

Edited by Ant-Vrs

well the 100w rally bulbs have been in the car for nearly a year now.

Does anybody know what the difference between 35w hid ballast and the 55w ballasts or is it the bulbs that's different?

In the end I am not happy with them and there other rated!

Good stuff. Maybe best to go back to those then. I wouldnt do it personally because of the extra draw on the wires, which arent designed for it (:

The bulb and the ballast are different on a 55w kit.

Compared to the standard set up in a fabia theyre a vast improvement. Its only because you're used to 100w bulbs that you cant see the improvement mate..,

Good stuff. Maybe best to go back to those then. I wouldnt do it personally because of the extra draw on the wires, which arent designed for it (:

The bulb and the ballast are different on a 55w kit.

Compared to the standard set up in a fabia theyre a vast improvement. Its only because you're used to 100w bulbs that you cant see the improvement mate..,

all the wiring as been fine on the car. That could be it then. Plus I've turned up the lamps a lot aswell so the beam is longer.

all the wiring as been fine on the car. That could be it then. Plus I've turned up the lamps a lot aswell so the beam is longer.

Are you on the silver lights?

Got the 100w bulbs in low and high beam?

Yeah they often need setting up. Seem to come far too low on some cars. Especially if theyve got the black pack lights.

no I've got the black pack lamps in the vrs.

Ah right yeah. They dont offer as much output as the silver lights anyway.

Maybe try 55w hids, but they dont offer a massive improvement over the 35w's, so you may feel you're wasting your money again.

Its difficult to say what youd be pleased with after the 100w bulbs. Most of us compare the hids to standard 55w bulbs.

I've currently got 35w hids in dipped beam and osram nightbreaker unlimited in the high beam. Its a pretty good set up IMO.

100w rally bulbs are illegal for road use, HID conversion kits are legal...

I can however see the appeal of the 100 watters - no buggeration with ballasts or mods...

I know it wouldn't be to long before some said it's illegal to run 100w bulbs, I don't really care tbh. Ive ran 100w bulbs for years now. Plus the hids are illegal now too.