Uprated kevlar clutch for Fabia VRS up to 500Nm/370ftlb

XMANTURBOS

Hi,
here we have uprated  kevlar clutch kit to fit onto ASZ/ARL/BUK/BLT/BPX 1.9TDI TDI engines

It will fit pretty much any 1.9TDI with 6speed 02M gearbox

The kit contains:

refurbished clutch disc with new kevlar pads
stronger Sachs pressure plate
refurbished dual mass flywheel

it will handle 350-370ftlb - possibly 400ftlb if the torque curve won't be to steep

it's only £450 delivered and comes with 12 months warranty against manufacturing defects.

It will require bedding in for 100-500 miles depending on your driving habits and road conditions (city/motorway).

If you do not wish to change the flywheel I can offer the kevlar disc and pressure plate only for just £250 delivered (in this case you need your own Sachs DMF)

IMG_5922.jpg
imgupload

IMG_5923.jpg
how to screen capture

hmm they can use harder springs I think but then it will be to hard really so not sure if it's such good idea it would require a lot of testing on tuned car to confirm if it will make any sense...

Who refurbs the flywheels and are all internals replaced,or only the worn parts?

my supplier ;) and to be honest I don't know what exactly do they replace but I guess everything since the parts are rather inexpensive unlike the labour needed to take it all apart and put it back together... I drive one of those recon DMFs myself on my Octavia 4x4 for 18 months already and so far it doesn't feel any different than when it was fitted

• 3 weeks later...

How do these drive?

Sorry if that seems a daft question but are they similar in weight and feel to the standard clutch or are they a "man's clutch"?

this one should feel close to stock once bedded in one in stock at the moment

i can answer this and give my input

i've got one in my fabia, currently dyno'd at 355ftlbs, and it holds perfect. drive like a stock clutch in terms of feel also, which is a bonus. ive only driven 2k miles on it so far. drove a helix smf clutch before and this is worlds better imo!

i do feel like im going to return to smf though, although not having the chatter is nice!

planning to turn up my power and see exactly what it will take though, once i get my **** together! aha

Luke

i can answer this and give my input

i've got one in my fabia, currently dyno'd at 355ftlbs, and it holds perfect. drive like a stock clutch in terms of feel also, which is a bonus. ive only driven 2k miles on it so far. drove a helix smf clutch before and this is worlds better imo!

i do feel like im going to return to smf though, although not having the chatter is nice!

planning to turn up my power and see exactly what it will take though, once i get my **** together! aha

Luke

any particular reason why to go for SMF? better spool or something else?

cheers

Mine was about 8kg or 10kg if i remember correctly. But its been ages so i could be very wrong aha. Ill dig it out and weigh it tomorrow.

Sent using Tapatalk, like a bawsss!

how much did the SMF cost you? I'm thinking about talking to my supplier about developing one... just need to know if it's worth it... DMF is 18kg or so will have to put one on the scales so the difference is noticeable just not sure how SMF is affecting the gearbox in long term...

how much did the SMF cost you? I'm thinking about talking to my supplier about developing one... just need to know if it's worth it... DMF is 18kg or so will have to put one on the scales so the difference is noticeable just not sure how SMF is affecting the gearbox in long term...

Can't honestly remember. Ill take some pics and email them through to you over the next few days? Then we can assess the smf situation. I have already mentioned it to you before ;)

Ive not destroyed a gearbox yet in 50k miles. And it was a 2nd hand 6spd that went in. It's fine :p

Luke

Sent using Tapatalk, like a bawsss!

Pretty sure Sachs performance smf is 7kg.

I ran a billet light flywheel in a 2ltr 16v petrol engine and deffo revved faster, but not sure on these diesels you would notice it tbh.

Alex's 2260 powered vrs is still on DMF, and that certainly picks up ok!! :)

The SMF's weigh around the 7kg-10kg mark. I believe the heavier 10kg don't rattle or rattle a lot less than the lighter ones from what I have read.

I've produced some 7.2kg SMF's which will take a sachs clutch kit, but not fitted just yet due to not having the time.

It's not a cheap job to do, ring gear cutting is nearly as much as the billets cost. Think they took around 2-3 hours a piece when I made them.

It's not a cheap job to do, ring gear cutting is nearly as much as the billets cost. Think they took around 2-3 hours a piece when I made them.

the one under development will be based on stock DMF so a little bit easier but still takes time...