Shark re map

Looking to get my 1.9pd remapped very soon, from reading all posts Shark seems to be the way to go. My question is do they have any agents in the Hampshire area that can supply fit, or is it a trip to their main workshop?

Have a look on their site.  They are sponsors here so their www is in that section.

They also can do it remotely via an STS device if there  is no one near by.

You will really enjoy the results - even if you have to drive to Mansfield.  You will certainly enjoy the drive home.

Add brakes and decent handling and you will have transformed your car.

Thanks for the replies. How important is it to get brakes and handling improved? Thing is I'm not going to drive like a loon or track it! Just fancy the re map to make the car more driveable, effortless on hills when loaded etc. surely standard brakes are still up to the job?

Forgot to mention I have found CN Tuning in Bracknell Berks, as advertised as an agent on Shark website, £249 all in.

So if the 10% Freedom is still operative, pay your £12 for that, and you'll save double that on your remap

Worth checking out

The Shark remap will transform your car, and how you think of it.  I'm not saying you will drive like a loon because of it or need to, to appreciate the improvement. 

My own reason for remap were to improve overtaking, and it fulfils that role beautifully.

My first foray across the Channel in the new to me Combi left me very disappointed in the handling and feel of the car.  A Whiteline rear anti roll bar transform the the soggy handling into something that was enjoyable.  By a margin as much as the Shark will do. 

Traversing the Alps on the same journey, and this is pre any mods as I had only just got the car, I suffered brake fade.  Not because I was attempting to drive fast but because the combination of load and continuous mountain passes was more than the less than stellar brakes fitted to the 105bhp models could stand.

The Vrs type brakes I have now are much more confidence inspiring.  The change is, again, as much improvement as the Shark remap.

Obviously its your choice, and your prioities.

I mapped my 1.9 4x4 using the STS from Shark a couple of months ago. I was struggling with the performance of it both solo and for towing until I had it done.

The 4x4 struggles with its low gearing in 1-3rd and it weighs about 200kg more than the 2wd model but it really is a different car now. Its not fast but just feels right rather than artificially strangled like it did. It even manages to flash the ESP light if I make a rapid start in the wet, I'd never seen that once in the 2.5 years prior to the map.

It pulls strongly to 4400 rpm no problem and right up to 5000 if pushed so the limiter has been increased a little too. Previously there was nothing much left after 3000 rpm. Towing I'm generally always a gear higher than I was on the hills. Overall MPG is about 2-3 worse than it was but I'm using the extra performance so this is expected. The 4x4 has larger brakes than the 2wd so no problems there. 

Since having it mapped I've treated it to new bushes, top mounts and a host of other bits as I can't see me getting rid of it any time soon now.

Insurance went from about £190 to £280 so a reasonable increase but worth it for the difference it has made.

Get it done, you won't regret it! :)

• Like 1

£224 with Freedom member discount is worth every penny.

How did you get this price as on website states £499?

Thanks

That'll be it then

I am looking at getting mine done next month once out of warranty.

I have been quoted £300 by a local company in maidstone JPW auto.

Anyone used them before?

Also consider Upsolute Ive had a VW Caravelle and Merc 220 CDi chipped by them with excellent results.

Cant find them in UK?

I mapped my 1.9 4x4 using the STS from Shark a couple of months ago. I was struggling with the performance of it both solo and for towing until I had it done.

The 4x4 struggles with its low gearing in 1-3rd and it weighs about 200kg more than the 2wd model but it really is a different car now. Its not fast but just feels right rather than artificially strangled like it did. It even manages to flash the ESP light if I make a rapid start in the wet, I'd never seen that once in the 2.5 years prior to the map.

It pulls strongly to 4400 rpm no problem and right up to 5000 if pushed so the limiter has been increased a little too. Previously there was nothing much left after 3000 rpm. Towing I'm generally always a gear higher than I was on the hills. Overall MPG is about 2-3 worse than it was but I'm using the extra performance so this is expected. The 4x4 has larger brakes than the 2wd so no problems there. 

Since having it mapped I've treated it to new bushes, top mounts and a host of other bits as I can't see me getting rid of it any time soon now.

Insurance went from about £190 to £280 so a reasonable increase but worth it for the difference it has made.

Get it done, you won't regret it! :)

You can now get to the dogging layby even quicker in the evenings lol