Mitchell Skoda - Chester

DGW

Sorry to hear of your problems PLAR but after having two cars from Mitchells and spending a fair bit of time there with my high mileage Yeti I find your comments hard to believe.

I would call Mitchells first thing Monday and ask to speak to Mark Mitchell, who I am sure will ensure your issues are resolved.

Sorry to hear of your problems PLAR but after having two cars from Mitchells and spending a fair bit of time there with my high mileage Yeti I find your comments hard to believe.

I would call Mitchells first thing Monday and ask to speak to Mark Mitchell, who I am sure will ensure your issues are resolved.

Thanks for the advice James, I appreciate it. - I'll give them another call if I don't get anything back from them ASAP.

I'm new here and I'd thought I'd chip in my 2 cents worth about this dealership:

I picked up a second-hand Superb from Mitchells on 16th September - I got a good deal on the price & got a reasonable px on my old motor.

On the journey home I started to encounter issues with the new motor; sat-nav not working & various electrical issues.  I reported this to them in good time and they were more than happy for me to bring the car back in and they would take a look at them for me ... after all, it's a second hand car & I expect a couple of issues.

Things went dramatically down-hill from this point on - I took the car back to them on 26th September, they gave me a courtesy car FOC (can't argue with that) and I was on my merry way back home (I live over an hour away from this dealership).

Later that day I got a call telling me that they had addressed some of the issues I was experiencing, but would need to order parts to fix the sat-nav.

In my haste to get back home in a timely manner (it was after 5PM when  I arrived to pick my car up), I simply got in it and drove back home without checking it over.  It wasn't until I got home that I noticed that every panel is peppered with scratches that  weren't there when I left it with them.

Sadly I arrived home after Mitchells had already closed, so I reported this the next day - I was met with the usual "we don't know how this has happened"  and I was asked if I could "just pop round and show them" they didn't grasp the simple concept that it would be 2 hours out of my working day for me to "pop round".

I'm still waiting for them to let me know what they are going to do about this .....

My initial experiences with this dealership are not good to say the least, for 2 reasons:

- The car should never have been sold with these issues.

- Their utter lack of helpfulness, attention to detail & lack of good customer service.

This is such a shame as the reason why I chose the Superb over another brand is because I was so impressed with my wife's Superb & the level of service we received from the dealership we purchased her car from (Alex Lawrie Skoda).

This experience has really taken the "shine" off of this car for me (no pun indented) - I think I'll be going back to a BMW for my next car; at least I know what shenanigans to expect from them & I know they they take responsibility for their c*ck-ups.

Just thought that I would provide an update to this;

Chris from Mitchells picked my car up this morning from my place of work to have all of the issues that I've experienced with the car - I got the car back a little under an hour ago & I'm very pleased with the how things have turned out.

I can't fault the repair work that they've done on it or the service they've given me on this occasion, it's been spot-on.

• 2 months later...

My Octavia MK3 vRS ordered 5th of August was finally handed over to me yesterday. I was caught up in some issues around quotas/allocation, but my dealer dealt with these problems brilliantly (you'll notice I didn't need to rant on here about it!). Keeping me fully informed all the way and applying the appropriate amount of influence via various senior managers in SUK.

The end result is a really fantastic car.

My advice to anyone experiencing slow supply chain and deliveries, spare a thought for the sales teams, they're just as frustrated as the customers. But your car will arrive, and mostly (with me anyway), your originally agreed PX price will be honoured :)

My 5th Octavia, 3rd vRS and all of them from Mitchell's.

• 4 weeks later...

Had no problems when buying the Car Brand new....but following 3 year "free servicing" was a joke.....everytime I picked car up there was something wrong....clips broken on engine cover and cover only held onto top of engine by dipstick....dipstick not replaced properly.....service manager showed total lack of interest......its only a few clips !!!! ...missed the point imo.

Would not let the mechanical side near my car...rather send it to the Blind School for any works in future..why do these main agents let themselves down so very badly over these type of issues, and attempt to play down any problems we flag up...

They do themselves no favours..and its a pity ..but independents get my business every time from now on....

Edited by BobTHEDOG

• 2 weeks later...

Let down again.

Called to arrange for them to check out my Satnav.

Was advised I could drop it off at 10am and wander around Cheshire Oaks whilst they looked at it.

I duly arrived at 10am to be told they couldn't look at the car until 2pm. Now, I don't mind a bit of shopping but 4 hours plus?????  More than I could bear.

Shan't be darkening their doors gain.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having just collected our Octavia VRS TDi estate today, I thought I would post an unreserved recommendation for Mitchells and in particular Dave Alexander.

Dave was excellent when looking after my father in law last April when he bought a Superb estate with both a great deal financially and a very positive overall purchase experience, so when we decided to buy an Octavia he was our first port of call even though he's around a hundred miles away.

Again Dave looked after us with a good price and also a good part exchange which made the wait since September (almost) bearable :happy:  Handover day was again a most pleasant experience, the car being excellently prepared, its functions and set-up being well explained and the paperwork done with zero fuss.

Basically, all I can say is we're very happy...oh, the car's pretty fab too :love:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My sister-in-law and myself have just purchased Yetis No 2 from Mitchells, dealing with Andy Kelly. 

The pricing was all done over the telephone without Andy even seeing our old Yetis to work out the trade-in values.  All done in good faith by both parties.  

Even allowing for the cost of boat fares from, and back to, the Isle of Man, Andy's deal could not be bettered with any of the Internet companies I checked out [bought first Yeti via Drive-the-Deal].

Orders were placed and Andy managed to source our requirements almost immediately.  He had a silver one coming in [sister-in-law] and located a 'spare' white one of my specification.  Ordering to handover for both vehicles took just 6 weeks.  Throughout that time Andy kept both of us updated by telephone.  

Handover of both vehicles went without a hitch and thus far we are both extremely happy with out dealings with this company, and especially Andy.

For what looks like a large operation [compared to any garages on the Island, where there is currently no Skoda dealership] the 'little touches' offered by Mitchells made all the difference to our overall experience in upgrading from our Yeti 1 to Yeti 2.

Keep up the good work Mitchells [and especially Andy].  I cannot recommend you highly enough :)

• Like 1

I feel I must echo manxmans experience, I bought my Yeti from Mitchells nearly 2 years ago and they where top notch. I frequently am approached on Island by people who ask my experience of the Yeti, and they are thinking of purchasing one. I tell them they will have to buy across which they realise, but the first Dealer they always mention is Mitchells. Their Reputation goes before them, well done Mitchells, please open a Dealership on Island, you would make a killing (so to speak).

Tony

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up my new Skoda from Mitchell's yesterday.

So far been very happy with them.

After a bit of haggling was given a fair price on my part ex and cash back cheque was posted to me after about a week.

Also given a Fabia Monte Carlo for a couple of weeks while I waited for my car.

Picked up car yesterday, unfortunately I had to take it back after a couple of hours because the stone guard underneath had wrapped and was hanging down.  To be fair they have apologised and will pick the car up and sort it as soon as the new guard is in. Had some free Mats for my trouble so can't say fairer than that. Very small scratch on rear that has been buffed out as well.

Huge bunch of flowers for the mrs. 

Would recommend them to everyone.

As good a thread as any to start!

Bought my first Skoda last week, Octavia SE. 1.4TSi, DSG. Ten months old, 63 plate. Excellent service from Richard Griffiths at Mitchells. They've still got the builders in, the main showroom is open and fully functioning, they've got some temporary offices to the right, their Saturday morning carwash is suspended for a few weeks yet. After nine years with a Saab 9-5, chipped to 220 bhp, I'm pleasantly surprised that the Octavia isn't noticeably slower than the Saab.

I've a few questions but I'll trawl the forums (fora?) for answers before posting up. If Briskoda is half as as helpful as my friends on Saab Tech Talk, I'll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car serviced and MOTd with Mitchell's today and can't really fault the customer service received, including prompt drop off and pick up at Ellesmere Port station for me. Gladly no issues from the MOT or service with the car... details of all the work and findings fully explained, price as per Skoda price guide on their website, including a FOC wash and hoover.

I have never really had any issues with the after sales service from Mitchell's, I have however had an issue with 1 sales person (last year..) that cost them a sale (daughters fabia) and the chance to service my car (last year's 4 yearly) just because of his attitude and deceptive sales pitch ( I have posted elsewhere...). I have never bought a car from Mitchell's, tbh I could never get the deal I wanted.

• 7 months later...

I've taken far too long to write this as I wanted to spend more time on it but i'll be brief. Recommended!

My experience was when they were based in the porta-cabins, but they're in the refurbished showroom now I gather.

Speak to Ben, he was great from first email contact, to on the phone, to giving me the keys to test drive the engine I wanted, to playing the game fairly. Fair price and an enjoyable experience. Especially compared to what I experienced at Alex Laurie.

A couple of extras (boot mat and bumper strip (thrown in at the end of the deal)) hadn't arrived in time, as the car arrived early! So the dealer dropped them of at my house to save me driving over - great customer service.

I also received a 'stock letter' with the usual, the group hope you're enjoying the car, any problems, servicing etc etc . . . however, the group managing director (Mark Mitchell) had signed it and written an additional couple of paragraphs thanking me for my custom etc. I'm young but old fashioned, and receiving a handwritten note pleases me.

Not gone back to them with any problems yet, nor servicing so can't comment on that part, but highly recommended for sales. Also quite a convenient location to pop to when leaving swmbo in the designer outlet centre across the road, and for the motor way to test the pull of the engines with back roads for testing the bends.

• Like 1

Yes, Mictell Skoda is really good. Make sure when you next visit get your car washed and have a cup of tea/coffee and sit in those beautifull car seats they have upstairs! - They wash them for free as long as you have the Mitchell car number plate. We have had 3 cars off them. I am buying a car off them now as well. Not as new as the others we have had off them, but it should be a good one I hope! - It's a 2006 plate. My first car!

Anyway, Hope this helps for people trying to find a good Skoda dealer. But your experience may be different from mine so don't take my word for it, Our experience of them has been brillant. Yes speak to Gary or Ben, They are the best salesman there!

Garage work is always very good and have never had any problems yet.

Edited by KangarooReviews2014