Insurance: Differentiation between a classic and a vrs

Given the power / value differences, I am not surprised.  I think the fabia vRS always was group 9A or something like that.  I can imagine the classic MPI is more like group 3 or 4, and probably insured 3rd party as technically not worth a lot?  It's how I would probably insure any car worth £500-£600 to be honest.

Given the power / value differences, I am not surprised.  I think the fabia vRS always was group 9A or something like that.  I can imagine the classic MPI is more like group 3 or 4, and probably insured 3rd party as technically not worth a lot?  It's how I would probably insure any car worth £500-£600 to be honest.

TPFT doesn't seem to work any more, most I've ever reduced a quote by is around £50. Maybe depends on area etc though.

Also groups seem to mean jack all, I know I've had quotes for a Cooper S which is grp 16 that were less than my grp 5 Cordoba diesel.

I wouldn't mind if my insurance was £750 a year, but seeing as I'm 20, for a vrs, I'd be looking at just over £3,000. I wouldn't mind if the insurance was even just over a grand. Insurance for my Classic is currently £1,450 odd a year, it's ridiculous.

I'm now 22 (March). For my Vrs at 21, with three years no claims, parked on a street, fully comp, it was ~£750. Standard.

This year, with four years no claims it has dropped to £620.

Sounds like you need to wait a little longer!

JRJG

Yeah, maybe 2/3 years will do it. I turn 21 this year (apparently insurance premiums drop a little at the turning of 21) but I only passed my test in February so have no no claims, which is obviously screwing me over. Hopefully by Feb next year, with me being 21 and a years no claims it will have dropped a bit. Maybe in 2/3 years I'll actually be able to afford a vrs hahah.

The no claims is a big deduction from the premium.

My first year driving was £3400. With one year no claims that figure dropped to £1800. Sill a lot granted, but a big discount!

JRJG

Not bad, not bad. Hopefully a years no claims and the turning of 21 will make a big difference for me!

Im in my thirtys my car is the 1.9tdi pd100 which has been remapped. Its parked over night in a garage. And i do around 10k a year and live on outskirts of a city (less crime) area according to my insurer.

All this adds upto 380 fully comp

Things like the less miles you do .at what time of the day is your car in use ie during peak times will affect the cost also

• Like 1

My insurance went down by nearly £900 after the first year and that was with one non-fault incident. Although moving to a rural area might have had some bearing on it.

• Like 1

I'm 22 and my mpi is only £71 a month with alloys, coilovers etc. declared, I only have 1 years ncb, fully comp, and i live in a average area aswell so not to bad :) im going to be looking at an upgrade next year hopefully insurance will sit around the same :) declaring my mods only put my monthly payments up by around £3 pm aswell :)

• Like 1

Insurance...that has always been a fun one.

I'm 23, had my license for 4 years. Actually driving for almost 1.

Means that I am looking at renewing. Last year I paid around £1500 for mine. This year, upping the mileage to a more accurate figure (I guessed at 10000 last year - out by about 3000) and with the years NCB my quick quotes were around the £1000 mark. I will be looking at renewing within the next couple of weeks or so for June.

What annoyed me in all of this was waiting 3 years was what brought it down to something actually managable (HA!) instead of 4-20+K. I haven't driven in 3 years since passing yet I am less of a risk? Really?

- TPFT - Waste of time now I feel. I recall being told the theory was that if you were on that, you were driving a heap and so didn't care, hence more risk. Ergo price goes up.

- Pass Plus etc. Do they even do anything? I never found that affected mine (Did that immediately after passing)

• Like 1

IIRC my renewal with 1 years ncd and driving 2 and a half years my insurance on my vrs is about £650. And I've not long turned 24. But I put my partner on it and the cost dropped from about £800.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if my insurance was £750 a year, but seeing as I'm 20, for a vrs, I'd be looking at just over £3,000. I wouldn't mind if the insurance was even just over a grand. Insurance for my Classic is currently £1,450 odd a year, it's ridiculous.

I'm 22, had my licence for 16 months. Bought my 1.9SDI in March and my insurance is £750. Cheaper insurance and tax than the 1.4 petrol.

Fully comp's cheaper than 3rd party because apparently they assume that if you go 3rd party then you don't have confidence in your driving.

Over the past year I've done probably a couple of hundred insurance quotes to work out what I could afford. I've come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no logic in it whatsoever!

• Like 2

Just a quick not to all of you

If you have a partner on your insurance cover. And they arent insured elsewhere

You need to swap over every2 years who is the main insurer that way you both keep your no claims going

Thats something i never knew

Btw anything with a turbo will sting you guys until your 25.

• Like 1

Blame it on all the young kids getting there hands on them and writing them straight off.

I can now insure a BMW 330d M sport and a Mk5 golf Gti for literally a half of the price of what I paying for my vRS it's a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Blame it on all the young kids getting there hands on them and writing them straight off.

I can now insure a BMW 330d M sport and a Mk5 golf Gti for literally a half of the price of what I paying for my vRS it's a joke

Good grief. How much are you paying for the fab then!?

JRJG

Good grief. How much are you paying for the fab then!?

JRJG

1200 but that's with Mods declared, think my insurance is having my life to be honest because I've done a quote in compare the market and got it down to 800!

• Like 1