Help me "Pimp my vRS" with some new rims...

Morning all!

I fancy unleashing some mods on the Fabia. Keen on swapping the dark chrome gigaros for some black aftermarket alloys, which I hope might look quite good with the silver estate body (and Mrs Furbytom prefers this colour). Will be sticking to 17" and planning to swap my existing tyres onto the new rims as they are in very good condition only covering 9k from new).

What fitment/offset etc do I need?

Anyone come across any decent wheel offers recently (don't want to spend more than about £500 really)?

Any comments or suggestions on wheel style etc would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Tom

I like the Borbet LV5. It looks almost as if it could be OEM, but obviously it won't be on every other Fabia you see.

I wanted some when I was chasing some black rims for mine, but no one had them in stock, so I ended up with the CW2. Fitment is 5x100, can't remember the offset, but you will probably need new bolts that should come with any set of aftermarket rims. I was able to get them cheaper from Germany direct rather than the UK (around $1000 Oz, including shipping), so don't be afraid to look around in different places.

This might give you some more ideas.

http://www.performancealloys.com/alloy-search-results.aspx?ModelID=17081&PCDID=34

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 1

ET 41 ,, 7.0J x 17"

Are you tyres worth taking off the Dark Chrome Gigaro.,  Not worth Selling the 4 Wheels with tyres,? or you need to store well.

Or one as a Spare, and sell 3 to others as Spares, or to replace damaged wheels. £120 Each.

All New Wheels & fitted with 215/40 R17 Tyres.

• Like 1

ET 41 ,, 7.0J x 17"

Are you tyres worth taking off the Dark Chrome Gigaro., Not worth Selling the 4 Wheels with tyres,? or you need to store well.

Or one as a Spare, and sell 3 to others as Spares, or to replace damaged wheels. £120 Each.

All New Wheels & fitted with 215/40 R17 Tyres.

Cheers George. Don't mind swapping the tyres over as they have loads of tread left on them and storing the gigaros. Would likely put the gigaros back on when we come to see the Fabia. Will look at wheel/tyre packages although don't want cheapo tyres on it and trying to keep costs down if I can.

Am I right in thinking wheels with a lower ET (e.g ET35) will stick out further towards the arches?

You can easily run ET 35 without issues. Thats only a 6mm difference to standard. Take into account the width of the wheel as well, if wider than 7" they will stick out more.

• Like 2

Just pick a wheel you like.

As long as the offset is close to 35mm then any 7.5 or 8 inch wheel is fine. Then just fit 215/40r17 tyres or 225/35r18 if up sizing.

I ran 17x8 et.35 wheels. As for tyres,no bigger the 215/40r17 they will fit inside the guards just.

Edited by mmmRacer

furybtom,

when the New Wheels arrive be sure of the competence of the Fitter you are going to use to put on your tyres,

and that they can change the tyres without any damage to the Dark Gigaro or the New Rims.

The Gigaros will need cleaned very well, then treated with a nice sealer to try and prevent white spider corrosion while they are stored.

My rims that have been stored are in a worse condition now than ones that have been on cars on the road over the same period of time.

• Like 1

furybtom,

when the New Wheels arrive be sure of the competence of the Fitter you are going to use to put on your tyres,

and that they can change the tyres without any damage to the Dark Gigaro or the New Rims.

The Gigaros will need cleaned very well, then treated with a nice sealer to try and prevent white spider corrosion while they are stored.

My rims that have been stored are in a worse condition now than ones that have been on cars on the road over the same period of time.

Luckily I know of a highly rated tyre place that are renowned for bring very careful with your wheels :-)

Will be sure to invest in some sealant.

Will stick some pics up when the transformation is complete!

• Like 1

I will try to post some photo's.

In the meantime look at the thread of Jenshagen, he putted some 8.5X17 on his MC and in #95 I replied with my solution on a VRS.

As his tires were 215, ours 245, means 15mm more on each side. So in this case you need to glue something on the fenders like on the MC.

A negative point is that the 10 small black shiny plastic parts are very expensive (near €1250,-).