Smartlink Unlocking/Activation option

T

Doesnt he say that on MIB2 cars it can be activated, but it cant retrofitted on older units? Plain and simple.

That's the way I read it.

The only thing he's unclear on is whether the dealer activation cost is different to the £150 factory option.

FYI I got my MY16 car today!! Will post some piccies later on the MY16 thread. Got my dealer's tech person on the case. They also have to look into why the Nav isn't accepting the SD card.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• Like 2

FYI I got my MY16 car today!! Will post some piccies later on the MY16 thread. Got my dealer's tech person on the case. They also have to look into why the Nav isn't accepting the SD card.

congratulations - you need to upate your profile unless you've ordered another one!  :D

• Like 1

reguarding the smartlink, for those who ordered thinking the car had a cd should use that to have smartlink enabled. claim its the only way to access you music. they have 3 option the way i see it, 1 enable smartlink 2 fit a cd drive 3 proved you with the kit to convert cd to sdmc cards

Dear Mr Jono,

I refer to my last email I sent to you yesterday and on checking its content I see that an error has been made in the sentence
“I can confirm that it is possible to activate the Smartlink option on your car.”

This sentence should have read “I can confirm that it is not possible to activate the Smartlink option on your car. “

Please accept my apologies for this error.

Thank you once again for contacting ŠKODA UK Customer Services.

Kind regards

John Good,
Customer Relations Advisor

reguarding the smartlink, for those who ordered thinking the car had a cd should use that to have smartlink enabled. claim its the only way to access you music. they have 3 option the way i see it, 1 enable smartlink 2 fit a cd drive 3 proved you with the kit to convert cd to sdmc cards

4. provide you with an SD card to listen to your music on

Dear Mr Jono,

I refer to my last email I sent to you yesterday and on checking its content I see that an error has been made in the sentence

“I can confirm that it is possible to activate the Smartlink option on your car.”

This sentence should have read “I can confirm that it is not possible to activate the Smartlink option on your car. “

So... basically speaking, even though you have a message on screen talking about dealer activation, it doesn't really mean that, as you don't have Smart Link installed... Hmm Dumb

• Like 1

So... basically speaking, even though you have a message on screen talking about dealer activation, it doesn't really mean that, as you don't have Smart Link installed... Hmm Dumb

Wow...that really is stupid.

Is there anyone who actually ordered an MY16 with Smartlink and has got it activated?

Yeah, I may see what they say - I may ask that they activate Smartlink in lieu of the CD player functionality that disappeared without notification.

Bit of a shame really as I like to listen to CD albums in the order the artist intended and without having to **** about ripping or downloading them.

Wow...that really is stupid.

Is there anyone who actually ordered an MY16 with Smartlink and has got it activated?

I ordered it and I think my car is waiting in the port at Newcastle. Hopefully next week it will be here and then I can discover if my phone works with it. That's a whole other story. 

• Like 2

4. provide you with an SD card to listen to your music on

how do you get your music on there, they would also need to provide a laptop or simular device as you cant buy it on sd card

Yeah, I may see what they say - I may ask that they activate Smartlink in lieu of the CD player functionality that disappeared without notification.

Bit of a shame really as I like to listen to CD albums in the order the artist intended and without having to **** about ripping or downloading them.

Then you need to fit a vinyl record player lol :-0

• Like 2

If you want Smartlink enabled then that suggests you have either (a) an Iphone, or ( B) an android smart phone and will presumably be able to play music over bluetooth?

Just saying ;)

Where Skoda are going to come unstuck with removal of the CD player are the technophobes that aren't into smart phones or mp3s and aren't bothered for Smart Link.  Seems a daft decsion to unilaterally remove the cd player when the Smart Link option isn't specified and that is going to cause big grief for them I reckon.

The SD option is fine if you have a pc and a way of getting your m

Edited by RobbySpurs

You should be able to play your music from your smartphone without smartlink. I can play it via Bluetooth on my MY 2012 yeti and it was built pre smartlink. Smartlink is about running apps on the car screen.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And just to play devil's advocate their terms have always said the specification may be varied without notice. So skoda don't *have* to do anything for technophobes.

I've had a 6 cd changer in the yeti for the last 4 years. It's never had a cd in it. Just used Bluetooth from the phone or more often the sd card in the bolero.

• Like 1

And just to play devil's advocate their terms have always said the specification may be varied without notice. So skoda don't *have* to do anything for technophobes.

I've had a 6 cd changer in the yeti for the last 4 years. It's never had a cd in it. Just used Bluetooth from the phone or more often the sd card in the bolero.

Good point about the t&CS. I'm the same. Not used a cd in ages so won't miss it.

Bloody annoying that you have to pay for smart link to use the mirror link feature on the Octavia/Yeti and yet it comes as standard on the Fabia !!

Edited by Panther_uk

The whole MY16 "updates" has been a shambles, Skoda UK don't appear to know what you do and don't get and neither do the dealers in all honesty, reading this and other posts there are quite a few people with the free Amundsen upgrades that don't have the Navigation working because the Navigation SD cards are rejected by the units and those that could use Smartlink can't because although the unit says see your dealer for an unlock code they know nothing about it and according to Skoda UK it can't be unlocked anyway. It's all very disappointing when you consider the sums of money being spent here! 

If anyone gets their Nav working let me know what the fix is as my Brother is waiting for this to!

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

Seems there's s few of us with MY16 cars, Amundsen MIB2 Infotainment.

Maybe worth starting a separate thread to make the issue more visible on the forums and also possibly worth each of us raising this with SUK?