So removed one of my glowplugs

Put a multi meter set to resistance across the terminal and the body.  If the is no reading, then the plug is Donald Ducked.

SN

• Like 1

Put a multi meter set to resistance across the terminal and the body.  If the is no reading, then the plug is Donald Ducked.

SN

Yep, there should be continuity.

I replaced them all, still takes about 5 seconds to start but no fault codes or limp mode now (so far) what else should i be looking at?

Crankshaft position sensor.

• Like 1

big job to do?

Do this first before replacing the CPS, only takes about 15/20 minutes, and most of that time is spent removing the rocker cover. A guide has just been posted on here (injector lash)

Do this first before replacing the CPS, only takes about 15/20 minutes, and most of that time is spent removing the rocker cover. A guide has just been posted on here (injector lash)

will do bud, don't have a torque wrench though so will have to get one from work next week. Cheers

Check your torsion value in vagcom and group 13 injector sync when engine is cold

No point in setting any injector lash if these values are ok

What should be the values in group 13 silky??

Sadly I never did any diagnostic checks before adjusting mine, just did some of the basic checks first like change the fuel filter and adjust the injector lash.

I thought I'd do those as it only takes a small amount of time and effort before digging in fault finding.

Even if the injectors showed up find on diagnostics I'd still adjust them up how I wanted them anyway.

Still need to set the torsion value, did the timing belt the week earlier and moved the pulley to the centre position as it was fully tilted one way.

Hey guys, problems are back! Limp mode, cutting out too but a new one has occured. When i turn on ignition the glowplug light flashes aswell as the traction control light coming on! As these appear a humming/vibration noise comes from the passenger side! Any ideas what it could be as still no fault codes!

Does the traction control and abs light stay on when the car is started?

I know you didn't mention the abs light but just checking.

The flashing Glowplug light usually means that both your Brake Light Bulbs have blown - this happened to me recently, or your Brake Light Switch is knacked.

DB.