build/delivery times?

aernala

My dealer said he had a bullitin and nothing much had changed but did say 'The gear knob looks slightly different and the rear number plate light is now an LED'.?

Just been told my car ordered at the end of Jan has just left the factory on a train - delivery to me in 3 weeks. Ah well, another 1000 miles on the current car which is now probably worth far less than the original trade in offer and Skoda have stopped the 0% interest and some other dealer incentives. So - can't complain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So ordered the new L&K 150TDi 4x4 DSG on 22 April and just got a mail from the dealer about delivery/build. Currently they are unable to confirm either due to "an imminent model year update, that is being put into place". My dealer has said that overall this should not affect the delivery as it's quite normal for this to happen about now. Well I guess as there is an updated (April) catalogue that makes sense and from past posts on the subject of delivery it seems reasonable. Fingers crossed for the delivery date and at least it looks it will be a MY17.

So just had my dealer give me an update on the scheduled build week, week 31 - ordered week 17.  disappointing as the original prediction was much earlier.  SO if I add time for delivery, transport, PDI etc. it looks like a September '66' plate.

He's not happy so is going to talk to the retailer support team to see what is the likelihood of the date moving forward. I know these first dates can move and this date looks like it's just after the holiday closure so I guess could move 3 weeks if it was built prior to the holiday.

Ordered a mag brown 1.4 L&K at the end of Jan, not sure it's even built yet, expecting it early May! Mines a lease, wonder if retail customers get some advantage?

Apparently at the port waiting to be shipped, not too long now :-)

No idea. I asked my dealer when ordering and he reckoned it wouldn't be anything major as there was a big change last time around with the new engines etc. My order has slipped from week 19 to week 20.

I had my fortnightly update email/video today. My Yeti has been built and is now in transit. My dealer (Progress Northampton) estimate it should be ready early June. Can't wait!

I took delivery of my lovely new Petrol Blue 1.4 TSI L&K this morning.  Brilliant - smooth, quick and so quiet.  The wait is now over, having ordered on 6th January.  It was like being pregnant, and now worth the wait!

• Like 3

Finally get to pick up my Jungle Green 1.4tsi L&K tomorrow. Broke my leg and ankle in January so sold my car as I had no use for it. Have been able to drive for about a month but it's been killing me not being able to get out and about after months stuck at home so this is very welcome news! [emoji3]

Just had a dealer update on my delivery and it is still scheduled for WK 31, Skoda UK have indicated to him that the delay is due to restriction on the supply of 150 TDi engines for the Yeti!

Just had another dealer update, no delivery change.

However, he's indicated that the MY17 build will be in production week 22, next week, and that the factory closure is week 28,29.

The production schedule will be reviewed in week 22, removing cancelled orders and rescheduling customer orders over dealer stock. So any build week adjustments could be updated week 22/23.

Just had another dealer update, no delivery change.

However, he's indicated that the MY17 build will be in production week 22, next week, and that the factory closure is week 28,29.

The production schedule will be reviewed in week 22, removing cancelled orders and rescheduling customer orders over dealer stock. So any build week adjustments could be updated week 22/23.

Hope they manage to shave a few weeks off the original date for you ernieb.

That's interesting, I've been told mine is a MY17 build and is supposed to be built this week (21). Either way hope both of ours are here soon

• Like 1

Well, it's finally arrived at the dealer and popped in to see it today. Just need to wait for the DVLA to get their act together on the cherished plate transfer. I did notice the front L&K mud flaps we're missing so asked them to sort (which they will do). Fingers crossed for the end of next week! Boy, it's been a long wait.

As of today, mine is at the port of departure and cleared for shipping. Should be mine within the fortnight :)

Popped in to the dealers today. My Yeti is now at Grimsby so should be ready for me by the end of next week or the begining of the following week at the latest. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Well, it's finally arrived at the dealer and popped in to see it today. Just need to wait for the DVLA to get their act together on the cherished plate transfer. I did notice the front L&K mud flaps we're missing so asked them to sort (which they will do). Fingers crossed for the end of next week! Boy, it's been a long wait.

I think I took my retention certificate in either one or two days before I collected the car.

I think I took my retention certificate in either one or two days before I collected the car.

Took the V50 for my current car (from which the plate is being transferred) in several weeks ago, but they weren't able to initiate the transfer until the new car arrived.  I didn't take the plate off the current Yeti myself and put on retention because if I had, Skoda Finance would have charged me to change the vehicle details on the PCP.  Doing it this way only costs the DVLA £80 transfer fee.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

last update was it's on it's way. hadn't arrived oon friday but should be early this week.

i'm hoping to get the train to Preston monday /tuesday next week to collect it

SUPER Excited!!!

• Like 1

Took the V50 for my current car (from which the plate is being transferred) in several weeks ago, but they weren't able to initiate the transfer until the new car arrived. I didn't take the plate off the current Yeti myself and put on retention because if I had, Skoda Finance would have charged me to change the vehicle details on the PCP. Doing it this way only costs the DVLA £80 transfer fee.

Still waiting [emoji35] my new yeti has been sat at the dealer all PDId and ready to go for almost 2 weeks now !****! DVLA!

I've already reserved my plate so that I can give Progress Letchwroth my reservation certificate when the new car arrives. However, as of today's date the build week number (was 31) has been removed and I no longer have a scheduled date. The dealer is currently investigating. This stage is always sooooo stressful with a Skoda build. Third Yeti and they have all been a long wait from order to delivery.

Imagine if there's a Brexit outcome.

Yes, without being 'political' you do wonder if this would put GB further down the car food chain with EU manufacturers.  They still have to sell cars but looking at the Seat First Edition Ateca allocation of just 200 cars makes you wonder?  I'm more and more convinced that the Ateca build at the Skoda plant is impacting on the Skoda car build particularly the Yeti and also I'm sure VW will see the Yeti as a run out car to make up the numbers rather than the future.  So allocation of parts particularly engines etc. will suffer as has already been suggested to me by my dealer.

Just ordered two Yetis from stock as couldn't wait more than a few weeks.

Our longest waits have been 7 months for a Fabia and 8 months for a BMW.

Lee