NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

I have noticed that when temperature is more than 20 Celsius clattering noise is disapearing almost completely and when it is again something like 15 Celsius noises are heavily back so it is really temperature related.  

Same here... :dull:

Edited by todor87

hurrah, rear part is solved finally!!!

but two months long war still continues

cause rattles from the front side and GPS signal reception problem under windscreen

• Like 2

hurrah, rear part is solved finally!!!

but two months long war still continues

cause rattles from the front side and GPS signal reception problem under windscreen

Anyone got some info about the front rattles?

I got it on mine. Comfort is alot better on the S2 (2010 yearmodel) with the same wheels (18 inches), the S2 has no rattles, and i can't feel minor 'bumps' on the road, but i feel it ALOT on the S3, no mather if i use normal or comfort as drive-mode... Is it supposed to be like that!?

The demo car i drove before i decided to buy a S3 had 19" wheels and it was just flying over the bumps, no noices and i barely felt it...

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Anyone got some info about the front rattles?

I got it on mine. Comfort is alot better on the S2 (2010 yearmodel) with the same wheels (18 inches), the S2 has no rattles, and i can't feel minor 'bumps' on the road, but i feel it ALOT on the S3, no mather if i use normal or comfort as drive-mode... Is it supposed to be like that!?

The demo car i drove before i decided to buy a S3 had 19" wheels and it was just flying over the bumps, no noices and i barely felt it...

My new S3 feels about the same over small bumps as my old S2 (2013). The normal mode is similar to the S2. A bit harder, S2 was way to soft. I think the normal mode swallows the smal bumps really good. And the comfort mode extremely good. I rarely use it though. No need here in Sweden. Normally I use normal. Sometimes I change to sport on 70+ km/h roads.

I've got 18" now. On the S2 I had 17".

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My new S3 feels about the same over small bumps as my old S2 (2013). The normal mode is similar to the S2. A bit harder, S2 was way to soft. I think the normal mode swallows the smal bumps really good. And the comfort mode extremely good. I rarely use it though. No need here in Sweden. Normally I use normal. Sometimes I change to sport on 70+ km/h roads.

I've got 18" now. On the S2 I had 17".

Good to hear. Has to be something wrong in my car then, cuz the S3 is supposed to be a more comfy ride than the S2.... But no, not even with comfort-mode on (the one i use most)

Good to hear. Has to be something wrong in my car then, cuz the S3 is supposed to be a more comfy ride than the S2.... But no, not even with comfort-mode on (the one i use most)

Maybe the issue that is giving the rattle noise is doing more harm to the whole feeling? If I were you I would get that fixed first, and then see how it feels.

Maybe the issue that is giving the rattle noise is doing more harm to the whole feeling? If I were you I would get that fixed first, and then see how it feels.

I hope so! :) But it really feels like it's coming from the front also. Have you done the upgrade of the wishbone yet?

I hope so! :) But it really feels like it's coming from the front also. Have you done the upgrade of the wishbone yet?

No. Next week Wed-Thu.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone in the UK been given a refit date yet?

Hi

Have got mine booked in for next week.  Hopefully the dealer will agree that it is fault and repair but apparently they have to test and hear the noise first.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for that. I was interested to know if anyone has a date for actually fitting the replacements. They are apparently still not available in the UK?

Thanks for that. I was interested to know if anyone has a date for actually fitting the replacements. They are apparently still not available in the UK?

Really, my dealer said he was ordering them in for next week ready for when I went in and then if they heard the noise they are said they would change them the same day.  Will not be impressed if I find that the parts are not available.

Just got the car back and drove the 30 km home. No noise, of course. But I have to say that the whole car feels better. The suspension feels just right. I asked them to check the front also. Since I wasn't sure there wasn't any sound there also. But they found nothing. The rear noise must have tricked me.

• Like 2

@pentaxian. I would check if I were you. Mine have supposedly been on order for some weeks and still not arrived! I doubt they would order them before they have confirmed you have the problem.

For my car (in Latvia) the replacement of new wishbone bushes was done already on 3rd May and since then no any rattle anymore form the rear part of the car. Mine was produced in November last year and registered on 19th November, 2015.

My dealer has been very quite. After reading "difference" post I sent them a new email today including the description given to "difference" by Skoda. To be honest I haven´t been chasing my dealer since I just don´t hear this noise. It will be interesting anyway to hear what they say.

@pentaxian. I would check if I were you. Mine have supposedly been on order for some weeks and still not arrived! I doubt they would order them before they have confirmed you have the problem.

There were a few 'additional circumstances' that meant they are being flexible.  The complaint I opened due to problems with the delivery etc has not been closed as both Skoda and the Dealer do not want it closed until the car is fixed.

I got mine changed on Tuesday this week , the part number they used if any one interested is 3q0505541. And so far no noise yet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I forgot to say they got them overnight from the UK to Ireland.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk