A Good "Barge"?

Like every car, as long as your aware of their issues and problems, then they are a good car if as bit old. I still enjoy driving my 2003 barge after 5

years of ownership, it is comfy, predictable and refined. In fact I look forward to driving it after going round in the more modern cars I get to drive at work (or even dear I say this my dad's lighting fast MKII s170 superb). Each to there own I guess though. PS my other car is an MX5.

I'd recommend them. I bought my 06 Edition 100 over 2 years ago as a work hack. 192k on it and still going strong. Just wish it was automatic.

• Like 1

A B 5.5 auto transmission would not be likely to take you to 192k miles without considerable cost. For a good "barge" the 1.9 PD/5 speed manual is the way to go. "Barge" describes the handling of these things very well.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My automatic now approaching 160k miles with no problems.  However, preventative oil and filter changed at 74k and again at 149k miles, and I believe that makes all the difference.  Hoping to get 200k out of it, which is around 2 years from now.

• Like 3