H&R Cup Suspension

Hi I am a proud New Owner of a Mk1 Fabia VRS SE.

I was contemplating getting the H&R cup suspension from Awesomegti as I dont fancy rock hard coilovers due to the quality of roads where I live so saw this kit with drops the ride height by 40mm.

Has anyone here fitted this kit? also would I need shortened drop links? or would the standard length ones suffice?

cheers :)

Thanks for this roughly what sort of drop would you expect?! Also would I need to get shorter drop links or are the standard ones the correct length?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsor

Thanks for this roughly what sort of drop would you expect?! Also would I need to get shorter drop links or are the standard ones the correct length?!

20mm-ish and you should be ok with the standard drop links.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

• Like 1

vRS lowered from OEM ? I wish someone told my car that. Massive difference from the HRs its definitely more like a full 30mm drop at least. Not 20mm ( when settled).

The standard vRS is quite different from most modern cars too, and comically so, I could get a whole fist / boot up there.

To suggest its in any way lowered from a standard Fabia, is a bit funny to me, there must be Corsas and Fiestas "out of the factory" with 1.2 engines with lower ride height than that !

Compare this (std vrs) to this (std mk1)

http://mulpix.com/post/1195046646515120398.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Fabia#/media/File:Skoda_Fabia_hnn.jpg

( The SE pics don't suggest it looks much lower either )

Its not perceptively any lower than an MPI having owned both.

I'd really like to go back to standard (got some used springs recently) but the look and lack of handling are two factors putting me off.

The far improved ride in regard to British roads, and easier insurance however would be clear benefits, so its very tempting to go back on those points - but I'd fear having to get flight clearance before setting over.

Vrs was lowered by about 15mm from the factory if I remember correctly, but then it was fitted with 16 inch wheels which raised it up.

Edited by stevobeavo

Has anyone actually ever measured them properly to a standard Fabia?

Or have a copy/link to something official from Skoda which states they were lower and by how much?

I've fitted the same eibach springs to both my cars, in the case of the 1.4 it dropped about 25mm, on the 2.0 (which shares running gear with the VRS) it was about 5mm, so experientially I would say that yes, the VRS and 2.0 are both lowered about 20mm as standard.

• Like 1

Thanks all I'm lowering due to handling over look it feels abit floaty and top heavy on the factory setup so thought a firmer shorter Spring and an uprated damper might solve this before I decide to add some extra power when I get it remapped! Will also be adding the larger brakes and braded hoses from the Octavia as the standard set feel a little spongey!

They are considerably lower on HR than standard, I can testify the car has a far better stance ( not coilover look but I can't get a fist in the arch whereas before I could get a size 12 boot !

I'd quite happily go back if they were as little difference as you suggest but they really aren't peceivably to me and its AT LEAST 20mm drop on the HR Fabia vrs springs.

I'm not sure if they are meant to be 30mm or 40mm ( I'm sure they are sold at 30mm).

The EIbachs are 25mm if I'm not mistaken so there ought to be only 5mm difference between the two so this doesn't explain product diffences either?

They look considerably shorter too, I'm sure if you put them side by side would be quite a difference.

I've only just renewed mine for now as modded with Flux, but was interesting to standardise as I'm not sure how many more miles I will get without the backup of warranty, and with my newer Skoda I'm not looking to treat as a moneypit for parts, and easier for insurance, so in 10 mths or so may have a look to compare this again. If anything more interested to see what Flux can do for me on my new car for some future changes like exhaust (sorry for taking thread OT slightly).

Edited by vRSAnt