Door Mirror Indicator Side Repeater

Hi,

I posted this in the old "octavia" section, without realising the old and the new (A5) were separate, but anyway...

How do you replace the side repeater bulb(s) in the door mirror of a 2005 Octavia Estate? I've searched the forum for an answer (possibly not very thoroughly), but I've not found one. The manual just says to speak to a dealer, but dealers are only human, so it must be possible for anyone to replace it somehow?

In which case, how do you check & replace the unit? I've found an inaccessible screw behind the mirror glass that looks like it's the one I need, but it's inaccessible.

AFAIK you have to remove the glass to loosen the screws to remove the indicator unit, so I was told as mine was replaced due to water inside. Be careful of the glass as I'd say its very easy to break.

I had an accident with miror and replaced it myself. I think that you don't need to remove the glass to loosen the screw. Just move it with controller left or right, then you can get to the screw. I did it like that. And there is a bulb (W5W) that you can change. I circled it on pic.

12749.attach

• 10 months later...
JELIBELI

MY A5 Octavia just failed its MOT on the door indicators did you get yours sorted out or did you have to replace the hole unit

thanks

mike

any info would be much appreciated

Wow didn't realise it could cause a fail. If you sprayed both lens would it now be a fail ?

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I posted this in the old "octavia" section, without realising the old and the new (A5) were separate, but anyway...

How do you replace the side repeater bulb(s) in the door mirror of a 2005 Octavia Estate? I've searched the forum for an answer (possibly not very thoroughly), but I've not found one. The manual just says to speak to a dealer, but dealers are only human, so it must be possible for anyone to replace it somehow?

I have just replaced this part only today, but due to someone hitting and cracking the repeater lens.

You first have to remove the painted cover by squeezing along the front edge to release a clip. continue to ease the cover off along the same edge. Bit by bit you will find it will come away combined with a bit of pulling upwards. The part you need comes as a unit with the LED and will cost you

• 10 months later...

Replacing Octavia A5 door mirror indicator repeater:

I just had my passenger door repeater replaced under warranty because of water ingress (lens turned rusty-colour.)

Previously had to replace the driver's door one because it got clobbered by a passing car in a country lane: mirror and housing were fine, but indicator lens broke.

To replace the indicator (sealed) unit: press lower front to release the mirror housing then unclip it all round the mirror - it lifts off in one piece. Two small torx screws secure the indicator: the outer one is easy to see but the one towards the door is pretty inaccessible - move the mirror electrically to point down and use a torch to see the screw which is about level with the door side of the motor's rubber boot. No need to completely remove that screw because the indicator will lower away from it. Pull the puddle light bulb holder out. New indicator goes on easily. Refitting the mirror housing needs patience: you have to engage the thin bit at the base with the indicator unit and that is straightforward but tricky. Once you have done that the lower front of the housing is easier to click into place.

I have just replaced this part only today, but due to someone hitting and cracking the repeater lens.

You first have to remove the painted cover by squeezing along the front edge to release a clip. continue to ease the cover off along the same edge. Bit by bit you will find it will come away combined with a bit of pulling upwards. The part you need comes as a unit with the LED and will cost you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Replacing Octavia A5 door mirror indicator repeater:

I just had my passenger door repeater replaced under warranty because of water ingress (lens turned rusty-colour.)

Previously had to replace the driver's door one because it got clobbered by a passing car in a country lane: mirror and housing were fine, but indicator lens broke.

To replace the indicator (sealed) unit: press lower front to release the mirror housing then unclip it all round the mirror - it lifts off in one piece. Two small torx screws secure the indicator: the outer one is easy to see but the one towards the door is pretty inaccessible - move the mirror electrically to point down and use a torch to see the screw which is about level with the door side of the motor's rubber boot. No need to completely remove that screw because the indicator will lower away from it. Pull the puddle light bulb holder out. New indicator goes on easily. Refitting the mirror housing needs patience: you have to engage the thin bit at the base with the indicator unit and that is straightforward but tricky. Once you have done that the lower front of the housing is easier to click into place.

Hi

My repeater on driver side has just failed MOT and I am trying to get the mirror casing off to see if I can fix/ replace whats needed. Not had much luck so far - when you say press lower front, I take it you mean the edge just at the bottom of the glass?? I have tugged away at it but the housing just wont come away. Getting desperate as Skoda have quoted me

Wedge something gently in between the repeater side and the housing and pull confidently. I was almost certain mine would end up in tears with the housing cracked, but it didn't. Had to pull so hard that it landed 2 feet away in the grass, though, and that took a lotta nerve.

You will need to order the repeater anyway, even if you get the thing off so might as well do that now and have it ready for when you manage to pull the case apart.