All Activity
- Past hour
-
CTHE/CAVE Engine...Whats the diffrence?
Flying by to say that after about 10 months since I bought the car and roughly 5 since engine swap began, it is finally on the road awaiting registration paper (local bureaucracy thing). I had some issues as is with any big work, but nothing that's related to putting CTH in previously CAV driven car, things like a leak here and there or mistake during assembly. It's worth mentioning that I have final stock CAV software ver.9971 Engine managed to complete all readiness codes. Pulls like it should both on compressor and turbo. Anything that I logged was within specification. No overheating, no undercoolling, no exhaust noise, no misfires, no smoke, fuel consumption within expectation, no rattles or knocks. What remains is a bit lumpy idle on cold weather starts due to NGK BKR7EIX plugs. It did noticeably improve after running full 45 liters of fuel with pulse gt injector cleaner which I opted to run because injectors were used with unknown past. Second thing is I had twice p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold (mind you, after successful readiness). At first I thought it's an exhaust leak on cheap FA1 clamp, but no, second error was with pipes done by the book. Right now I'm thinking it might be aftermarket diverter valve with flat orings, but that doesn't fit the picture much. Alternative suspect is secondary O2 sensor with 170'000kms on it. My Renault Megane mk1 also had O2 trolling around constantly but not setting codes so I'm willing to guess a lazy sensor can be good enough for self-test but not for normal operation. Took me for ever to get around making a log of O2 sensor, I have about 2 hours of it but as luck would have it, with lackluster cheap scanner instead of VCDS. I'd like to post a photo, but there isn't any obvious CTH feature to show when it sits in engine bay.
-
LockonStratos started following Long coding for ECU 03 Brake Electronics Skoda Fabia 2011.
- Yesterday
-
Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
Superb Mk3 FL and Octavia Mk3 FL are different generations @Cairus ?
-
-
Octavia vrs 21 plate front disc size?
Unless it's a hybrid, it should be 340/310. It'll be 340 up front regardless, and the 310 are vented, while the 272 are solid. Easy.
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
The vRS 245 is a GTI PP, so in addition to the DSG (DQ250 at 40k, DQ381 apparently 80k, but realistically 40k too), the LSD will need to have been serviced too (every 30k).
-
Fitting twin horns
Wire is normally sized by the current rating to avoid overheating of the wire. Here that is not a problem as the horn is only on for a few seconds occasionally. So the wire has to be sized by its volt drop over the total circuit length. Just a similar cable to the one on the existing horn should be a good choice. The rest of the fixed wiring and the relay will see twice the current but should not be a problem. For reference on some cars the relay is permanently powered and operated by grounding the other relay coil pin through the horn push button. Some do this through electronics from the horn push button. My conclusion is just put the second horn in parallel with the original horn using a similar size wire. The fixed wiring is probably already sized for two horns as used on other varients such as in my Elegance model.
-
Suspension upgrade installed
Agree on dust they emit but can't fault their performance. Nearly no squeal on my though but i have different calipers now so maybe something to do with that.
-
Suspension upgrade installed
DS2500 are dusty as hell, find myself having to clean wheels every 2 weeks and they are covered!!! But i do like their feel and performance. Mine don't squeal only very rarely- maybe something to do with my calipers being changed to 4 pots. Had ATE ceramic pads before and they were quiet, hardly any dust but used to glaze so much even from daily driving and their performance was horrible
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Sure is, it's probably just a "procurement" thing?
-
Coilovers suggestions?
Hello! I am new to modifying and I currently drive a 2021 Colour Edition Fabia with 1.0L TSI with 95HP. I have a few ideas on what to modify and would like to get some pointers on where to look and what brands would benefit the car more than the other but that is also down to me for research. Thank you for reading, Boifreson.
-
Boifreson started following Coilovers suggestions?
-
Ruarimac23 joined the community
-
Heathcliffe joined the community
-
Turn off electric range in Navigation
Yes, I've had to turn mine off a couple of times. I'll have to check on the car, but I think it was on the navigation settings, accessed from the 3-dots button. I'll look tomorrow if that doesn't work.
-
Octy-PHEV started following Turn off electric range in Navigation
-
Power tailgate opens randomly
This is reported from time to time. In every case so far it was because the key fob button was pressed when the key fob was in a pocket, the owner bent down etc. It certainly happened to me more than once. The central key fob button seems to protrude a bit and is really easy to press accidentally. I now keep mine in a small leather case and since then no problem. Are you certain that the opening was not caused by inadvertent pressing of the key fob button?
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Hi mate, thNks for the pointers there. Brake fluid was done at 3 years, 25000 miles 👍🏻
-
Danger_MouseUK joined the community
-
Fitting twin horns
Many thanks, that makes more sense. So since Skoda just parallel the horns the AI suggestions of using 2.5mm ² is not fact based. PS how do you get the correctly formatted superscripts for wire sizes?
-
Photography Thread
We arrived at precisely the right moment! For around 5 minutes the sky was absolutely spectacular although within a couple of minutes it was like someone had turned out the light.................
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Scratch started following Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Scratch joined the community
-
Octavia vrs 21 plate front disc size?
The easiest way is to measure them
-
OEM+ android auto options
I'm looking at getting a superb mk2 so I'm just doing some research on installing an android auto unit. At the moment I have a 2008 BMW E61 530d and I have an MMI box which piggy backs of the original screen and uses the cars fibreoptic auto cable so there is no audio quality loss and I just need to press a button to switch between the MMI box and the original infotainment. Are there any similar options like this for the superb mk2? Or are any of the double din replacements actually worth while, do they keep the audio quality and also keep any of the original infotainment information? I've read about the MIB STD2 unit. Is that just a unit from slight later skoda models that comes with android auto?
-
Dolomite__ started following OEM+ android auto options
-
Dolomite__ joined the community
-
General queries
So I’ve got a 2014 tdi vrs with 106k miles , white with black pack and canton sound. , I do about 7k miles per year, vast majority are motorway miles. Ive owned it 7 years and serviced myself every year. I changed the glow plugs at 102k Clutch peddle sometimes goes spongy and only returns to half way point (once every couple of weeks) , I assume it’s slave cyclinder next to clutch? I have never changed the fluid and the level hasn’t gone down? It’s still on original clutch. I am now also having to top up the coolant , likely about 1lr per year, again I assume it may be egr cooler leaking as no signs of contamination on oil filler cap, any other quick checks I could perform? The water pump / timing belt was done at about 50k before I bought the car, is it due a new one. Just wondering potential costs for new clutch / slave cyclinder? New water pump / timing belt? I love the car, just wondering if it’s now time bite the bullet and get a newer car , possibly cupra Leon estate 150bhp , just wondering if it will compare?
-
almil started following General queries
-
Is there an update to Infotainment System (5Q0035842A / H24) newer than 0241?
Does anybody have a link for de 0253 frimware ?
-
henriv joined the community
-
Hybrid_Mouldy joined the community
-
Fitting twin horns
0.5mm2. BR is the universal wire colour for earth. The 11 in the box is to fuse 17 in the E Box. Which would be the engine compartment fuse box. The other end of the fuse is connected to the car battery, so is a permanent live.
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
I have acces to dealer ODIS, CRACK ODIS, VCDS and VCP. witch means I should have both of the VAS
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Do you have a VAS6154a or b?
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Replacment due 10color ambient lighting and after replacment reverse Light doesnt work. PLA and camera work only via Car moving backwards(esp signal). Heated front window lights up but after second turn itself off. Midleconsole buttoms (autohold and doorlock) doesnt illuminate orange
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Welcome. I would not be so sure a Motability car has not been ragged. It might be one Registered Keeper and any amount of drivers and the disabled person maybe never in the car. My Motability cars were Never Raced or Rallied, well not much. As to Servicing was it just Oil & Filter changes at Flexable / Variable Servicing. Motability do not want them serviced on Fixed Servicing. Unusual that Motability would agree to a DQ381 DSG service before the 80,000 miles. Was the brake fluid changed at 2 years or 3 years? Where the Spark Plugs changed at 40,000 miles, then at 65,000 miles? You need to be sure that the Motability car was leased the full 3 years and not returned early so not Motability having the service cand MOT done before the car went to BCA.
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
What problems are you having? Why the replacement? Error log readout?