Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
Unfortunately they've discontinued the petrol N series.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I'm considering changing my RS, I don't really need a big car anymore. Mum won't be with me much longer as she's deteriorating with dementia, my beloved dog (soulmate) has also gone, so it's just me now. So any ideas for something that's smaller, but sporty and a similar spec to the RS? Ta.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I'll admit my car has received a few updates and has been acting strangely of late, radio doing odd things, starting in sat nav mode, freezing, mode switch not working.
-
Update to Version 1969
Not seen anything but then again, I haven't really been taking much notice of it as 1941 seemed to have cured most of the gremlins that were plaguing the infotainment system.
-
Octavia Software uninstall
Latest infotainment system revision 1969.
-
Octavia Software uninstall
You can't downgrade the firmware, security policies prevent it, you can usually uninstall apps like parking and petrol.
-
Sensor failure at high speed
Firmware update? What firmware do you have?
-
Update to Version 1969
1941 seems to resolve 99.9% of the issues, albeit with a dealer visit if the infotainment system has a very low initial number, as it may need a module replacement and an additional software update first. If you have a high 18xx, 1900 software revision then you can usually do it yourself, with the usual caveat of "You do it at your own risk" The only thing I've found is that where my car has received additional OTA updates some glitches have appeared.
-
Update to Version 1969
It has been noted that a few people have had issues with it, my issues with 1941 seem to stem from a couple of OTA updates that I received. I've asked the dealer (reluctantly) to do the 1969 update whilst the car is having it's oil change. It's also got a couple of issues with other things too.
-
Update to Version 1969
The only thing I've found is that there have been a couple of OTA updates which can destabilise 1941, such as the mode button not working and random oddities. But generally if 1941 is working well leave it alone and don't bother with 1969 until you absolutely have to, or even skip it altogether.
-
Update to Version 1969
If your system is working correctly then leave it as is, you can update it if you really want to but you do it at your own risk.
-
2.0 Petrol vRS DSG Services Question
Are there any reviews regarding the 3rd party lubricant? That will give you an idea whether it is any good or not.
-
Update to Version 1969
They have NOT updated it. It should show 1941 or 1969.
-
Update to Version 1969
I've never tried it, you have nothing to lose by upgrading it or getting a dealer to upgrade it for you.
-
Update to Version 1969
About standard set up, maybe a new navigation database upgrade is required. If it's working well then leave it alone. I've had a couple of updates on mine and since then had some issues, so it goes in for a service in Mid August, so I've requested the dealer does the 1969 update and fixes the boot pedal issue.
-
Virtual pedal on Octavia mk4 VRs?
I've apparently got it on mine and it's showing as active on the infotainment system, but it doesn't work, I've got a MY 23 RS. Checked the vehicle exterior menu, it's highlighted in green so active, but I go to the back of the car, put my foot under the bumper and nothing happens. So maybe one for the dealer to sort in August when It goes for its service.
-
Sos error on dash
Dealer or independent specialist job. Unless you know what to do with it.
-
Virtual pedal on Octavia mk4 VRs?
Vehicle menu, where it shows a picture of the car externally, and it's in there somewhere. I can't remember where I have seen it though.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Not heard that.
-
Virtual pedal on Octavia mk4 VRs?
I've apparently got it on mine and it's showing as active on the infotainment system, but it doesn't work, I've got a MY 23 RS.
-
Karoq USB flash drive
Depending on the size of the drive, you can get freeware to format it in FAT32 if necessary. But generally exFAT should work with the car OK.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
They'll need to replace the hardware before the software, although it could be the other way around. I wouldn't worry about what they do, as long as it works correctly afterwards.
-
For a 2.0 petrol RS, this isn't bad is it?
I brimmed the tank right to the top of the neck, so probably add another 1-1½ litres on top of that.
-
For a 2.0 petrol RS, this isn't bad is it?
Because we have a bunch of amateurs running out road/motorway network there were long stretches of 50 mph restrictions (average speed camera protected) something like 25 miles in total length and then the "Magic Roundabout" aka M25, where the traffic is either very slow or stop/start unless you hit it at something like 2100 or later, but it was the last bit which was all local roads and lanes that took the average speed right down and Waze is becoming increasingly unreliable in it's directions/advice for some reason. So I think I might revert to Google Maps on the next runs, although Google Maps doesn't have reliable speed and average speed camera reminder information on it.
-
For a 2.0 petrol RS, this isn't bad is it?
I forgot to say I managed this on a single tank of fuel (bog standard unleaded + EcoMax shot) and still showing 160 miles remaining on the tank, I've never known the range show 415 miles at one stage before either.