TheWanderer
Resident Member
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Android auto not working
Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Update to Version 1969
No. With that low number software/firmware revision it requires a visit to a dealer to be updated to iirc 1869 and a possible hardware replacement as well, before you can make the jump to 1941 & 1969 software/firmware revisions. Please don't try and install 1969 on that as you may end up having to have a new infotainment system.
-
Can we add speed camera alerts to Mk4 Sat Nav?
You can't. You need to be an level 6 editor to add them to Waze. Waze is slowly becoming better than GM, as they're updated more frequently.
-
Super Skoda Discount codes & Import duty ?
You now have the option of : https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html No import taxes or duties.
-
Qi 15w wireless charger
Just go online and buy a dashboard mounted one, hundreds to choose from.
-
Mirror USB charging socket
Temu. Aliexpress both do coiled cables, which is the easiest solution you might needed an adapter to pop on the end if necessary (£1-£2). See my post earlier.
-
Can we add speed camera alerts to Mk4 Sat Nav?
There are some that are missing I just had another money making set added to PGPSW database & Waze on the A281 in Surrey.
-
Can we add speed camera alerts to Mk4 Sat Nav?
Hi. Does anyone know if we can import Speed Camera locations into the Mk4's Sat Nav system as POIs? I do camera spotting for PocketGPSWorld every so often, making notes of where cameras are around West Surrey & NE Hants, adding them to their subscription database, I also report them for adding to Waze.
-
Update to Version 1969
That would best be posted in the forum for Diagnostics.
-
Update to Version 1969
ODIS has (generally) restricted access to dealers only, so unlikely to be available to download. I also suspect that the consequences for any employee & franchise permitting a download to be downloaded & distributed in the public domain could/would be quite dire for both. Bite the proverbial bullet and get it done officially and then you have comeback on the dealer if it doesn't work and causes major problems.
-
Update to Version 1969
I've downloaded the 1969 file and it's sitting on my tablets memory card. I don't know whether to do the update or just try and find a host so others can download it.
-
Dsg box
M + Nº - Manual Mode D - Drive (Normal) S + Nº - Sport Mode R - Reverse N - Neutral Simples
-
Error: Drive System
At least its under warranty and under no cost to you. Still not good for a 2023 car though.
-
Skoda Connect Services
I find it can be very picky about it, if you have a good phone signal it's not too bad, otherwise crap.. I've also noticed that traffic sign recognition has disappeared from the shop for some reason.
-
Skoda Connect Services
Yep. Although you can't get the best alternative to it, Waze to appear in the VC display for some reason 🙁
-
Update to Version 1969
You don't need to enter any payment details for WinZip or any Apple alternative, they have it embedded. Beware of paying for ANY zip file program from anywhere other than an authorised site such as Windows Store, or Apple store or in case of Android Play Store.
-
Skoda Connect Services
There are two versions of the app, one is faster than the other.
-
Octavia VRS Virtual Speedo numbering
You can tweak the speedo increments using OBD11, if you have it. But it's more hassle than it's worth tbqh.
-
Octavia VRS Virtual Speedo numbering
Never noticed it. I'll have a look later.
-
Skoda Connect Services
The app has significantly improved since it first came out and there are different versions of it in existence. I checked mine and it's up to date
-
Update to Version 1969
You can get a dealer to do it at cost, if you have an early software revision, it's better to pay them a £100 or so to do it, rather than try doing it yourself and bricking the infotainment system and having to have it replaced. Although I believe that East_Yorkshire Retrofits maybe able to recover it if you were to attempt it and fail. http://www.eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk
-
Skoda Connect Services
The salesman is an idiot. The app is useful for the things that have been previously mentioned, I swear that half of them don't know what they're talking about or the product. Download the app, register your car and get it linked and then use it, it's really useful for checking doors and windows, alarm activation and finding where you left the car and so on. You can even run the vents for a few minutes if you want to prior to using the car. Maps are OK, but I tend to use Waze or Google Maps for navigation as they seem more reliable.
-
Skoda Connect Services
You will lose app access and traffic info updates IIRC. Map updates I think can be done manually via the update portal. TBQH unless you do a lot of driving and don't have a smartphone with Waze or Google Maps, then it's probably worth it. I did them this time, but I don't know if I'll do the infotainment online update next year, as I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep the car. The app access is useful as you can check all sorts of things and check the windows are closed, doors locked, fuel level & even do toot and flash if you forget where you parked in a shopping complex or to scare away kids or creepy characters.
-
Update to Version 1969
Early software revisions require a visit to the dealer first as it requires additional work and possible component replacement after 1896, you should be able to upgrade, but it might be advantageous to do it in two steps, in that you do 1941 first, making sure that it's all stable and fine, then do 1969 next or just leave it to update itself.
-
Automatic change between standard and summer time ("daylight saving time")
All very well if you have access to OBD11. I don't.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I think that I'll wait for the OTA update to happen this time, the system is working well and not causing any issues, the only reason I manually updated last time was to eradicate the number of crashes that the system was experiencing.