Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
My Skoda App (Android)
You can do most of it via the MySkoda app, if you follow the route I said.
-
My Skoda App (Android)
You can't as far as I know.
-
Carly or Obdeleven
I don't think any of them are. Even VCDS for laptops (I maybe wrong on that). Because simply you by rights shouldn't be altering any parameters yourself as it could invalidate any warranty that you may have And if you do get one then make sure that you backup all of the settings before you do anything.
-
My Skoda App (Android)
You do it via the profile icon. Tap where your name is and it should take you to the Green Room, tap profile details.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Well my system is due to be upgraded and thoroughly tested as it throws up oddities. So they've also done a diagnostic scan and there's a few faults that only a master technician can resolve. They've also found the virtual pedal sensor and module isn't working so needs to be replaced and done, so it goes back in on September 11th for 6hrs to have all of the updates & repairs done.
-
Error: selector lever...
Yes
-
Dashcams
Nope. I use a short 50cm angled and coiled cable.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Well I won't be having another one. I can't afford it anymore. The infotainment system has been better since 1941, but updates have allowed glitches in. Anway I'm still looking at smaller cars, just wish they'd do the Fabia in RS trim. But ho hum.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Only see if they'll update it to 1969. I've asked for mine to be done in 8 days time when one of my services gets done and they find out why the virtual pedal isn't working despite it being shown as active in the infotainment system. I've had a few glitches appear since my car received a few OTA updates.
-
Update to Version 1969
They need to replace some components by the sounds of it, I think they may have tripped the component protection, unless someone else knows better.
-
Sleeping in the IV Wagon
I've slept in my previous car which was a hatchback, but not for long, it was for about 3 hrs or so whilst my dad who was terminally ill with cancer was being treated in the RSCH in Guildford overnight, seat was quite good and comfy. Have had a lay down in an estate before, it's like a rock, so you'd need a mattress either an air, foam one for any sort of comfort, the back of the bench seat can be used to a limited extent to prop yourself up a bit by putting something under it so it doesn't go very flat. Get some blinds for the car windows too so it keeps it darker.
-
Second Hand Car - Never been Update (Infotainment systems - 1803)
Well put it like this it'll probably cost you £100, if you attempt it and it goes wrong you're probably looking at £1000 to replace it. Unless of course you can find a independant VW/Skoda garage who can do it for you, then you may get it done cheaper.
-
Second Hand Car - Never been Update (Infotainment systems - 1803)
I don't know where or whether you even can download the earlier files, so just take it to a dealer and unfortunately you're going to have to pay them to do it, but the flipside is that if they screw it up then they have to pay for it to be corrected/replaced/repaired.
-
Waze only working with Offline Maps
Waze is far better than Google Maps, for reporting incidents on the go, I reported 3 Sussex speed traps the other day just by touching the infotainment system screen discreetly, it appeared very quickly on the system. You don't get service like that with Google Maps or warnings of their presence. Waze does get confused around Heathrow/Windsor/Chobham for some bizarre reason, but generally it works perfectly. I wouldn't be without it and it's more upto date with speeds as well.
-
Sat nav updates
It's in the shop & app. But if you've got a smartphone with either Waze, Apple/Google maps on it, it's pretty superfluous. I've tried it a few times and its screwed up and made me later than if I'd used my local route knowledge, which is pretty extensive. Alternatively enter your cars VIN at the Skoda update portal: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
-
Update to Version 1969
I just don't use the sat nav it's regularly wrong. But I have found that the system starts in sat nav mode vice the normal split screen (🚗 + 📱+ 📻 + 🗺️). This has been happening since several OTA updates have landed on my system.
-
Update to Version 1969
You may need to visit a dealer first before attempting the update anyway. With a low revision number, you may need to get them to apply an update first. Nothing here yet. Not worried about it.
-
Update to Version 1969
Can you elaborate on that please
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I'd be looking at new or pre reg if possible. At the moment only the Yaris is coming in under the £30k barrier, I think I might get £24k for mine as it's just 20 months old & 6900 on it.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
Soz but a manual gearbox is an instant fail, I haven't driven a manual car for the best part of 15 years or more and I don't intend to start now, especially with a damaged knee, can't afford it anyway.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I can't just do it just like that, I need to have a look, sit in it and do a test drive, then arrange a deal, but the killer could be the insurance.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I think that the Mini is going to be too low for me, the RS is low. I'll have to have a good look around at all the sites and reviews. Shame that Hyundai has killed of the petrol N series though, Honda is too expensive as well.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
Can't get a petrol one. Hyundai have stopped doing them. Looking at a Polo GTi and then nearly fainted when it came out at £32700 for a decent spec. Toyota Yaris GR is slightly better at £29,400.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I'm a short house, 5' 8", so should fit in one. I might have a look at one in the next few days. Might sell my plate too, as it seems to bring me nowt but trouble.
-
What would be a SMALLER but sporty replacement for my RS?
I'm retired now, so the RS will have to fund the majority of the replacement. I'm going to avoid a Golf GTi as it's broadly similar in insurance, BMW not interested in, for the insurance costs. Looking at small hatchback, Toyota Yaris GT or similar size