Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
OTA - Over The Air(waves).
-
Car sometimes juddering when accelerating?
You can try it.
-
Automatic change between standard and summer time ("daylight saving time")
Nope just Automatic & Manual settings, no GPS or anything else.
-
Car sometimes juddering when accelerating?
After that distance changing the air filter would be a good idea. Oil should be of the grade recommended by Skoda for your car, so if you have the ability to do an oil change (with filter) and air filter do it. It's one more ✅️ in the box.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I think so.
-
E10 petrol vs E5 petrol
Shame my council tax has gone up by 5% now as well. £3350 pa. Band F! Soon be in a bloody campervan or static caravan at this rate.
-
Car sometimes juddering when accelerating?
That's OK, then as it proves that the vehicle hasn't been "clocked", so if you have a limited warranty take the car back to be checked for a injector fault or something like that.
-
Car sometimes juddering when accelerating?
Is there official documentation to prove that you're only the 2nd owner with mileage?
-
E10 petrol vs E5 petrol
Nope, nearest Asda is Sheerwater (Woking), Nearest Morrisons is Woking, Tesco is Aldershot or Broadbridge Heath, Costco is Farnborough. Godalming JS is only worth it, if I'm going there or Waitrose across the road, which I do as it avoids the new speed cameras on the A25. Apparently HMRC are adjusting my tax code as of the new tax year. So I'll have to see what they take off of my pension, which has just gone up by 6.65%, only for HMRC to tax me at 20%!
-
E10 petrol vs E5 petrol
I just use petrol prices app, get the cheapest & nearest to me, add a shot of Millers EcoMax to a tank full. It's cheaper than any 97/98 or 99 octane stuff,I have a choice of Jet, JS, BP (Bloody Pricey), Esso (regularly closed), Texaco or Shell (Bloody Extortion) I'm retired with HMRC screwing me on "Emergency Tax" and I have 4 bottles of EcoMax in my possession. So EcoMax will do. The only time I get to use Momentum 99 is when I'm in the WoE and I stop at Tesco Minehead to fuel before I leave the area for my homeward bound journey and it often gets put in with the remnants of 95 with EcoMax in it and it often shows that I have nearly 400 miles in range as a consequence. And I'm not paying between £1.60 & £1.67 per litre when bog standard 95 is £1.42-£1.48 per litre and I most certainly won't be paying the high end prices for a bog standard 95.
-
USB-c and iPhone
Don't have this problem with Android.. 😉
-
E10 petrol vs E5 petrol
I just pop 50ml of EcoMax into a tank of E10 (95), it works and adds about 20 miles a tank.
-
Automatic change between standard and summer time ("daylight saving time")
I'll have a look and see.
-
Car sometimes juddering when accelerating?
Give it a shot of fuel additive that cleans the system like Redex or Injector cleaner just to see if its got a bit of muck in there.
-
Automatic change between standard and summer time ("daylight saving time")
But when you have a car with the setting and it should do it automatically without any further intervention and considering the price of the car, it should work.
-
USB-c and iPhone
Correct. A 💩 idea. I nearly cancelled the order over it, but I didn't as I love RSs.
-
USB-c and iPhone
What lighter socket? It doesn't have one. USB-C sockets only.
-
USB-c and iPhone
Try a different cable. Apple stuff is notoriously picky. Copied this from a Google search for Car Play via wired connection. Connect iPhone to CarPlay Start your car, then make sure Siri is on. Connect your iPhone to your car: If your car supports CarPlay with a USB cable: Plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The USB port might be labelled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. Be sure to use an Apple USB Cable.
-
2.0 Petrol vRS DSG Services Question
The infotainment system will tell you when it needs a service or how many days until it needs one, I'm certain the app will also tell you how many days until it's needed, so you can book it well in advance, I usually book mine 40 days in advance as so to stop the computer going all womanly and constantly nagging you to get it done.
-
2.0 Petrol vRS DSG Services Question
It's when the car or app tells you and I believe other information is in the handbooks.
-
Collected my new VRs
I might see if I can adjust the nozzle then because its jet only goes up about 3 inches if that.
-
Collected my new VRs
TBQH the rear wiper is only effective in wiping, you might as well p**s into the wind than try and use the rear washer. It doesn't get anywhere up the rear windscreen.
-
Ordered new VRS... Should I have done or waited?
Well if you have ordered it and selected options, then the dealer will put the order through and then if they're not/no longer available then they'll contact you, but I would have thought that as they've taken the order and it has been accepted then you'll get what you asked for and probably with the new more powerful engine to boot.
-
Ordered new VRS... Should I have done or waited?
3-4 months is pretty good going considering that some of us had to wait a year! Your car should be the new spec.
-
Skoda App wants me to activate my car
Do it, because you can check the status of your car easily with a smartphone app. The app has some useful information and features on it like fuel level (range), whether it's locked, even where you left the car if you're in a unfamiliar town.