Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Heater fan constantly on?
Here you go in this screen make sure that both of the "buttons" that are arrowed are grey (like the SYNC one is) and the heat should turn off, it does on mine.
-
Heater fan constantly on?
Activate Clima. It's in the smart settings I think. If the AC button is in bright green (highlighted), tap it and tap SYNC and it should stop.
-
Oil change and DSG mat recall
Get it booked in for the oil change and heat mat at the same time, you don't have to wait. I'm scheduled to have an oil change at the end of August, I'll get it done at the end of July, to stop the computer nagging me everyday or time I start it.
-
Keyless Entry
Have a look in the vehicle menu and then it's the one which shows a big picture of the car with interior or exterior options on it. That's where I found it, I've switched it off for the time being it was irritating me more than J.R & SC03OTT combined with thrush.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
That's OK, at least they'll find the bugs first! 😆
-
Mark 4 VRS headlight vs Standard
More trouble and expense that it's worth.
-
Hatchback and big dogs
A single German Shepherd will be fine, two it's a bit cosy. I used to have two flat coated retrievers and they could get in but it wasn't a comfortable experience for them, dad's estate made it very comfy for them.
-
Motorway MPG with Petrol vRS
Not impressed with eco mode, from just outside Guildford to Chichester 36.6, I've got to back there again sometime during the week to deliver a AIO printer/scanner and fax to a family friend, this will be done in normal or sport. I think it'll be better than eco mode.
-
Keyless Entry
There is an option to unlock on approach, so you get within 1 metre of it, it unlocks the doors. It was going bonkers yesterday as I was going around the car cleaning the glass with white vinegar, it must of locked and unlocked itself 6 or 8 times. I deactivated it, this afternoon when I checked the oil, washer bottle and tyres.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Try resetting the car to factory defaults, uninstall the app, there are two My Skoda apps on Play store believe or not, the original one is buggy but the other one which I think is called My Essentials works very well and is much better.
-
Keyless Entry
I can confirm that it does re-lock itself after about 60-90s, but if you happen to walk/pass by your car on a shopping street, it'll detect the key and be open for 60-90s, which is more than ample for some thieving scumbag to open the car, raid it and foxtrot oscar with your property and they're not going to close the door(s) again either. It's a feature which is fine if you live in the sticks or in a salubrious, well to do area where crime is low, but it's a feature that should be turned off in most towns and cities without fail.
-
Matrix Lights - Dazzling oncoming drivers
There is an option in one of the menus regarding "Vehicle", that adjusts the sensitivity of the sensor and mine is set to high sensitivity, so that's why it responds quickly. As for windscreen replacement then Autoglass have a machine that does the calibration.
-
Options & Accessories Debate
Does anyone have any recommendations for door edge & corner protectors/protection? Thanks
-
Options & Accessories Debate
That's for an estate. Not hatchback.
-
Options & Accessories Debate
I bought the spare wheel, but I also have a can of tyre weld in case thing's get really desperate! I want a rubber boot liner, but I'm not paying the silly price for the official skoda one (>£80) I've bought a set of wind deflectors (£38) & boot organiser about £15 from amazon which nice & light and keeps things like a tow rope, fuses, tyre compressor etc all neat and tidy, just bought a boot lip protector, just a stick on one for a few quid. If it comes off quickly then I've lost a 5er. Oh and got one of these as well from temu for £8, and I've tested it and it's very bright!
-
Keyless Entry
You can set it to do it, although if you're cleaning the car it keeps locking & unlocking like mad unless you leave the key a short distance away, I'm going to turn it off.
-
Motorway MPG with Petrol vRS
I've got to go to the South Coast in a couple of days time, so when I get on the A3 I'll engage eco mode and see what it returns (if I remember)
-
New engine cover
Book it in ASAP, you have Easter and other holidays approaching so, get it booked it and done and then you can relax.
-
New engine cover
Somewhat ironically a letter came through the post this afternoon telling me to get my car booked in for the DSG heat mat recall 🙄 So I booked it for remedial work and it was done about 2 weeks ago, I also got the dealer to order the engine cover as well and it was all in about 75 mins. Very happy. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/521016-dsg-recall/
-
New engine cover
Have you got the DSG recall done? Or are you in a manual boxed car? If you haven't got the DSG recall done get it booked in for that and the engine cover recall at the same time. That's what happened with mine. Both fixed. 🙂
-
Motorway MPG with Petrol vRS
On the Magic Roundabout I seldom see the "National Speed Limit" sign it always shows between 40-60 even when it's really quiet in those circumstances I just drive on the cruise control and don't worry about it. There's simply too many scameras along it and they're now starting to breed along the A3 and other roads around Guildford. Does it affect my fuel consumption? A little bit but it's usually for the better.
-
VRS TSi 2.0 Which Fuel?
Well I can see myself selling my RS in the next 2 years and getting something smaller and cheaper to run & insure. I love my RS but costs may drive me to find something that is quick but smaller...
-
VRS seat tablet holder
Look what I found on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1610367062/tablet-and-smartphone-holder-mount-for?ref=share_v4_lx
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
As you haven't got an RS probably so. They want £65? for road sign recognition. I might consider it at a later time, but at the moment I will continue to Mk1 eyeballs and brain.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
You'll probably find that the manual is temporarily missing and then you'll also receive about another 5 or 6 more minor ones as well. I had another about a week ago, I think it was to with the shop. But it hasn't had any detrimental effects, nor have any of the others, which is good. I'm a bit concerned about the forthcoming 1969 update, just in case it mucks everything up. Let's hope my concerns are unfounded