Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Glad to know that I'm not the old one who found it nigh on impossible to get the oil dipstick out of the engine. I was swearing at it. Good job I checked it, it needed about ½ ltr.
  2. Might use a different network.
  3. Could always try creating a linkage to the car's WiFi system to see if you can make a phone call via that..
  4. BT switched us, but didn't send the router or adapter until 3 days after they switched off the normal landline. So for 4 days the only way to make a call was to switch over to a second landline which is still on the old system and use WiFi calling on that. Also had to buy new phones too so we can stop using the old phones.
  5. No. I'm not carrying a bloody battery pack for two reasons,. 1. Because an inept minion in design thinks its a good idea to remove probably the most important and fundamental accessory socket that has been used in cars for decades for cigarette lighters, USB chargers, tyre inflators, car vacuum cleaners, fans, dashcams etc. 2. Li-ion batteries are environmentally unfriendly and add increased weight, requires charging which you can't do via USB-C, they lack the power (grunt) available that a 12v accessory socket can provide It's almost as stupid as the new phone service in the UK which is being forced on the consumer, which means no phone (including 999) or Internet service whatsoever if there's a power cut.
  6. That 12v socket (aka lighter socket) in the front is something that I truly miss, what on earth Skoda were thinking about when they removed it I don't know. I have one (12v socket) in the boot which I have to use with an extension cable for my tyre compressor and car vacuum cleaner.
  7. I got brolly, but didn't get ice scraper. I'm not paying £9 for a piece of fluorescent yellow/green plastic.
  8. I did a trip last Friday and on the trip to Central Nottingham and back I managed a very reasonable 44.7mpg and that was with a diversion that the sat nav sent on via Maidenhead, Sunningdale and Chobham due to problems on the M25.
  9. EVs don't have enough range as yet. For me to consider one it would need to have a range of at least 350 miles per charge, so I can get to the West Country, NW & East Midlands and back with no worries and no having to sit around like a lemon waiting for the stupid thing to charge back up again. I can get at least 330 miles out of a tank of petrol and often nearer 350 when doing long distances on major A roads and motorways.
  10. I wouldn't have an EV or Hybrid (Inbred as someone I know calls them) for the simple reason they're a pain in the backside when things go wrong with them and they need specialist attention compared to ICE powered vehicles. You have my sympathy for your predicament and I would consider taking it to another EV capable independent retailer, biting the financial burden and then sell it.
  11. Have a look at TEMU and AliExpress for cables at decent prices, you may need an adapter for one end (C to Mini USB) like I have but I find that a coiled cable is ideal as it gives you the extra length at no extra cost, you can always wrap it around the back of the mirror to keep it tidy.
  12. Backup everything before you tinker with any settings and then for Australia I'd suggest that you select Automatic as there are no other settings that are applicable to Australia or NZ.
  13. Tinker with OBDEleven at your peril. Unless you know what you're doing with it you could cause more problems than you started with. Before you do anything with it make sure that you make a backup or make a physical note of what you're about to change and the before & after values. OK this one is pretty innocuous, but once you start having a look around it can snowball..
  14. Get it booked into a dealer it may well be the camera going kaput. On my previous car the failure of the camera caused chaos and loss of numerous systems including auto park, parking sensors, ACC, sat nav/VC also went blank and then restarted once I stopped and turned the car off and on again.
  15. You think that they would, wouldn't you? But mine has failed to adjust itself twice now, I'm not expecting it to put the clock forward 1h 00 at 0200 on the night of the 28th/29th March. I'll be utterly flabbergasted if it does.
  16. I've had it checked on the previous car, have it checked on this car. Has it done any time zone or GMT-BST-GMT time changes on its own, nope. It's yet another flaw in the infotainment system firmware(s).
  17. But it should in theory learn this.
  18. Well I have an RS, so it was option that I took as it was good on the previous car as I did a lot of night driving, which I now don't do as I have retired due to a mental health problem. So it's pre-activated. I'd imagine that if you buy it, it's activated via OTA update and no need to go to a dealer for it. But if you but & activate it and put it on the blue A setting and have it on high sensitivity in the infotainment system, then I've found it to be very quick and bar the odd BMW & Audi driver (do they count?) I've not had any issues with being flashed.
  19. There are certain roads where I can beat the box at its own game, I select a gear that it wouldn't normally do, the B3224 Bishop's Lydeard to Raleghs Cross, the A39 Porlock to Lynmouth another, plus quite a few of the minor roads in West Somerset which I know.
  20. It's not too much if you anticipate what's ahead or you know the route well, you can preselect the gears ahead of the box.
  21. Yep. As per Markeknows instructions from current firmware to 1896 (dealer), plus module replacement, then whilst they're at it get them to do the 1941 upgrade as well whilst they're at it. Apparently there's another upgrade in the pipeline which is 1969. But it hasn't appeared yet or at least in any number.
  22. Yep. It's a relatively quick job, so take your mobile and tablet, have a few coffees etc on the dealer. I was there about an hour or so, also had the engine cover fitted too.
  23. You can tweak the sensitivity of it too.
  24. Never had any problems with it. Just don't use Android Auto and use the phone only instead.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.