Everything posted by TheWanderer
- NEW: software 1985
- NEW: software 1985
-
Next base dash cams
Got a GW622, the picture quality is top notch, but do use an card that's designed for use with GoPro action cam or such like SanDisk Max Endurance which at the time of posting was £12 for a 64Gb, £30 for 128Gb or £55 for 256Gb card which are V30, Class 10 & U3 so ideal for the GW622 dashcams fast writing speed & large 4k files. The only let down is the naff viewing software the Nextbase Connect & Nextbase Player. Nextbase Connect takes ages to create a linkage between your phone & camera, camera output can only be read by Nextbase Player or VLC. I have the rear camera as well but I can't find anyone to install it for me as I don't have the knowhow to do it and I'm not mucking the car's interior up to do it. Will it save you in a crash or incident? Mixed results for me, Privilege are arguing with me & I'm threatening to go to the insurance ombudsman over one incident back in 2023, I have used it to file a couple of dangerous driving incidents to the police (driving the wrong way through a one way street and another with a pensioner going through a No Entry sign, ignoring the Keep Left sign & the wrong way around a traffic island and nearly having a head on with another car which resulted in the OAP losing his licence) & no I don't regret it! This comes from a retired train driver who was cautioned by the signaller & found an OAP with his car on the platform at Esher. https://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/8429990.man-drives-car-on-to-esher-station-platform/
- NEW: software 1985
-
Update to Version 1969
Yes you can make the move from 1941 to 1985. 🙂
-
ESIM yearly contract
Via the shop on Skoda Connect I think.
-
Retro fit Android auto ?
I know that. But AA is NOT part of the infotainment system directly.
-
Retro fit Android auto ?
That's the infortainment system firmware revision number.
-
Retro fit Android auto ?
Is Android Auto built into the infotainment system? I haven't seen it. Smartlink is there, but as far as I know Android Auto is a phone app, based within an Android smartphones archtecture, and it's currently on 13.3.644654 updated early December '24. Smartlink is the the interface software on the car, that provides the linkage between the two. If you have Smartlink, you can link your phone to your car.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Amazing Fuel Efficiency 1.5 Petrol Estate
I find that I can get high 40s or even low 50s on long runs with the RS, but I have to be a good boy to get into the 50s, but 45 - 48 on a trip to West Somerset isn't uncommon though which for a 2.0 DSG isn't bad.
-
Infotainment Update
That's the engineering menu. That's saying it has 1941 installed on it. If that's correct then in theory, in a while you should get an OTA download notification saying that the system will automatically download 1985, you can either wait for it to "help itself" via OTA or have a look in the threads regarding 1985 and see if it's still available for download from a generous member of the board.
-
Infotainment Update
You need to find out what software revision you currently have first and that's found in the system information tab which is in the settings menu.
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
Mine hasn't worked properly ever since I've had it. So as it has had 4 software updates/revisions installed and it makes no difference I think that it's hardware related rather than software.
- NEW: software 1985
-
VCDS V2 or other?
OBD11 is probably your best alternative bet if you're confident in what with VCDS does. But it does come with variations, so you'd better check out which version would suit your needs.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Coffee cup holders too small - any expansion adaptor recommendations?
You can often find them a bit cheaper than on the Thermos site, Amazon or Ebay for example. But they're excellent and keep it very hot for a good 6 hours
- NEW: software 1985
- NEW: software 1985
-
Coffee cup holders too small - any expansion adaptor recommendations?
If you're looking for a mug that will fit the cup holders then try Thermos https://thermos.co.uk/icon-series-travel-mug-470ml https://thermos.co.uk/icon-travel-tumbler https://thermos.co.uk/stainless-kingtm-tumbler-470ml https://thermos.co.uk/stainlessking-travel-mug-470ml
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
Get snow (winter ❄️ tyres) if you're that worried.
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Yes you can make the move from 1941 to 1985.
-
Android Auto Beeps.
The cars sat nav also can do it. But I can't find the where to switch the damned thing off.
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
You can't do anything wrong really. The gearbox is foolproof, once you get used to the twin pedal arrangement instead of the 3 in a manual, then it's all plain sailing really, the only thing to check up on is with the Matrix headlights if you have them is how they work on the stalk. The car is pretty much foolproof. I've had mine just under 2 years and I still occasionally press the wrong button or can't find something on the infotainment system. I think you're worrying way too much.