Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
P - engages a pin in the gearbox locking the wheels N - is like traditional neutral
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
Nothing will happen if auto hold is engaged or if the car is parked on the level. The engine will rev and that's it. It's not advisable to do it, although I've done it a couple of times with this one as it's the first one with an electronic parking brake and selection switch rather than a proper gearstick & traditional parking brake. Just do it with a little discipline & slowly at first and it will soon kick in with practice. I occasionally flick the gear selector and thinking that it's in drive put my foot down only for it to rev and not move, so just put my foot back on the brake and press the gear selector a bit more firmly and it will go.
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
Yeah definitely DON'T engage P in motion. One of the best ways to stop mistakes when making the transition from manual to DSG is when driving put your left leg behind your right one, it stops you going for the non existent clutch pedal or making an accidental emergency stop! After a while of driving the DSG car all of a sudden you'll find that you won't need to put your left leg behind your right one as your brain has adjusted to the new driving method. For me I daren't drive a manual, as the last time I tried I nearly pranged my mums car & nearly put it in a neighbours garden as I hadn't driven one for 15 years
-
DSG, P, brake and acceleration pedal
You need to keep your foot on the brake pedal to start the car and to engage any gear. Don't worry it will soon become a natural thing and you won't want to go back to a manual again. When you park anywhere (even on a hill) and press P or just turn the ignition off then the gearbox automatically engages P (Park) and applies the parking brake for you, you might also note there's a second button below the parking brake switch press it and it activates auto hold which is nice when stopped in traffic as with it activated you don'y need to keep your foot on the brake pedal, regardless of it being on the level or downhill/uphill grade. When you park on a grade, just start it as normal and engage drive, take your foot off the brake and apply power, the parking brake should automatically release itself, if it doesn't just put your foot back on the brake, release the parking brake via the switch and the drive away, there's an automatic delay to the brakes releasing if your car is parked on a upward grade to prevent you rolling backward.
-
What is the current software version?
Never seen a software revision that low before are you sure it's that low? If it is, then to move forward in software revisions you'll have to have a module changed and then update applied.
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
I suspect that this 1985 may well contain an eSIM update so that it works properly with the app and software.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Yep, that's what I got earlier albeit the English version of it, so I don't know whether it'll continue to download it overnight or not. The mobile signal where I am isn't great, so it may take quite a few days to achieve a full download.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Skoda Connect
I'm going to wait and see what they intend to do about it. If the antenna is there then it could be as simple as doing a swap of simcards or updating the eSIM if it has one.
- NEW: software 1985
- NEW: software 1985
- NEW: software 1985
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
You probably could if you have an external WiFi antenna and it is parked near enough to the house. But there are security considerations to deal with.
-
Are the updates free
Minor ones are, you can download Sat Nav updates from the Skoda Update Portal using your VIN. Others are chargable and done via the Skoda App (via Play Store or Apple Store), although there might be a problem with that see Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G thread.
- NEW: software 1985
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
I just accessed it via the app and yes I can confirm that I get the same message and I have a MY23 car. I'm not paying £30 for something that's not going to last a year or so
-
Cold weather issues
There aren't any noticable wires in my screen. There's no heat or warm air as such felt on the heated windscreen, you only get heated if you select the defog windows option afaik.
-
Cold weather issues
The heated windscreen is activated via the Clima function on the infotainment system, not a switch as far as I know. It is with mine and it works very well on mine, usually within 90s it starts to work effectively and within another 30-45s it's cleared 90% of the frost/ice on it and the car is driveable,
-
ACC Braking when overtaking
Yeah it sometimes gets a little addled if you're in traffic on a motorway and you're on the inside lane and it's moving and the next one is slower or stationary, it has on a couple of occasions disliked it on a sliproad where my lane is empty but the next lane over is stopped, I just put my foot on the throttle and override it.
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Fairdo's
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I would have done it incrementally, 1896, 1941, 1969, 1985, it would have taken longer but it would be less likely to throw up random/spurious faults like several people have experienced.
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
This to me says that you should apply the old adage. "If it ain't broke, don't fix". I've got it in the car on a USB stick, but am I going to apply it? NO. For the simple reason my infotainment system is working perfectly well and I've had enough of the wretched thing going screwy over the last few months.
-
Reset change key battery alarm
Best batteries to use are Duracell IMHO, they seem to have the edge on any others out there.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
You're asking in the wrong place, this thread is for Octavia Mk4 owners.
-
Update to Version 1969
That's one you're probably going to have to get a dealer to do.