Skip to content

Papez

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Papez

  1. What's wrong with your gearbox? Maybe there's a chance to repair it. Basically any Felicia (and Favorit) gearbox will physically fit - ofcourse, different engines had different gearing and 1.6/1.9 boxes had some reinforcements to support heavier engines. Modified variant of the gearbox was also fitted to VW models - Octavia 44kW, Fabia 44/50kW and Lupo AHT - but I'm not sure what it'd take to fit them into Felicia, especially the Fabia one with hydraulic clutch cylinder and bowden gearchange linkage.
  2. atleast they didn't use plastic bearings (looking at my 02T gearbox)
  3. no, 085 gearbox was designed for 1 liter engine back in 70's. It almost falls apart when it's paired with AEE and AEF engine. Skoda gearbox was developed for 100hp 1.6 (which was never produced) and can handle even more powerful engines - there is a turbo Favorit with 240Nm.
  4. Make sure it's completely sealed. Water get's everywhere regardless ofnundertray and only little is needed to corrode the contacts. I had to replace whole blower wiring because of that... There are sealed relay/fuse boxes available, they might make the job easier
  5. Both in case of 1.3, as it uses fan from non-ac 1.6. I can understand reason behind that, as neitherrelay and switch are 100% reliable (espwcially in the engine bay environment) and putting them in series increases chance of failure. I don't think this is good place for unit with exposed contacts, I'd put it closer to the battery or get enclosed relay box. (ideally both)
  6. In case of R2, you'd be driving it indirectly through R4, if you kept the current wiring - iirc, it's same on the factory AC. In case of R1 - yes, it is better for the thermoswitch, but not necessary consodering there's a resistor that limits in-rush current (non-ac cars drive the fan directly without the resistor). Ofcourse, if there's not sufficient wiring, it's better to add the relay.
  7. Sorry, I didn't have time to look up schematics, but I have some points based on your diagram: - the old fan connection looks correct. I'm not sure what's the reason behind diode - both switches on R4 are mechanical, there's no need for protection. So, R2 is not needed. - the R1 relay is also not needed, the switch is capable to operate the fan directly. Also, there seem to be too many fuses. The 30A at start should be sufficient, as long as you keep correct gauge throughout the whole circuit.
  8. What's the difference between neighbouring inserts? IIRC, there was a limit, too and it is more critical than absolute value. Edges of adjacent liners should be perfectly in level.
  9. Nice, do you have some more pictures of the mount? The engine looks like it was meant to be there. Except for the two filter boxes Is there any good looking solution to that?
  10. Nice, looks that all sealing surfaces (especially around fire rings) are intact. That should hopefully work Do you have any ways to measure the liner protrusion?
  11. This is actually used on racing Skodas
  12. Looks like the head was eaten by the coolant a bit. What coolant were you using? Are you going to get it skimmed?
  13. I had intercity consumption (30km trips, with few kilometers in low traffic city) of about 5,5-6,5, depending on driving style. If I reset trip computer after warm-up, it could fall to 5, short trips around 10km were up to 7l - these engines are hungry when cold 😀. But all was in ideal conditions - low altitude and flat terrain. The least I ever got on a long intercity trip (150km) was 5,3. I can believe that city consumption will be twice of that.
  14. What power/torque do you expect after mods? Felicia gearbox can handle 1.9TD - and I'm not sure if you can get more from AEF due to indirect injection. Only other gearbox that fits AEF is Polo 085 - which is weaker than Felicia. Other VW vehicles had diesel motors slanted backwards, which would mean more extensive modifications.
  15. Exactly. Larger clearance at inlet is due to alloy pushrods, which expand more.
  16. If I googled right, AP is EA827 engine - closer to 1.9D AEF than 1.6 AEE, which is EA111. EA827 family is slanted backwards, in Felicia (and 6N Polo), the 1.9D was modified so it could be slanted forwards - I'm not sure if the same modifications can be applied to other engines. Anyway, both VW engines were mounted in Felicia through an adaptor plate and custom flywheel - they won't bolt directly to the gearbox. Also, the engine mount was different for VW engines. Look up old TeflonTom topics on various engines swap - He did Fabia's 2.0MPI with Skoda gearbox, too.
  17. Yes, SPI too, but only at the intake valves. Exhaust pushrods are steel.
  18. In theory, 1.6 AEE gearbox should be usable, too - it is shorter than the original, but still in range suitable for a diesel (around 2200RPM @90km/h)
  19. Both - AFH peak torque is around 4k RPM and power peak around 6k, so it requires pretty short gearbox for maximum performance. AEE on the other hand is like a diesel - in fact, Felicia gearbox has similar gearing to Fabia SDI. That's exactly what I'd like to see - as it would look from the factory. I think that the original filterbox would be fine even with a paper insert, it seems to be designed for a 100hp engine it's a bit unfortunate that you cannot source a shorter box - but Škoda put the AEE box to the 40kW 1.3 (only the 50kW variant had the short gearbox), so the AFH should be able to run with it, too.
  20. The one in the link is 532G. The index can mean anything from a minor modification to a totally different part. "With the ''temporary replacment" GM relay i had no lights and wipers although i could start-drive the car normally." That just confirm what I said before - no part of engine management is connected to the X-relay Edit: found the rear wiper relay right from the OEM manufacturer: AEV 2015 https://eshop.aev.cz/aev-2015
  21. Were the contacts perfectly dry before it's been put together? It doesn't take much when electricity is involved. Also, from the photo it looks like the rubber seal of the female connector is missing.
  22. It's relay with built-in electronic circuit, different than front wiper relay. I found it under PN 6U0955529 - not sure if it's correct.
  23. Awesome! Post some photos when you're done, please AFH Fun is something Škoda should've made. Edit: If you manage to find a 1.3MPI Felicia, get its gearbox. The AEE gearbox might be a bit too long for AFH.
  24. 1) ofcour, bad contact would cause it overheat or not switch properly. But it is not necessary for the engine management, quite opposite, its function is to disconnect (almost) everything except the engine. 2) it's similar, but the interval is preset and cannot be changed. One push activates it and other disactivates, but they are not very common, there's no indication and only one I've seen in person didn't work well and I had to remove it.
  25. 1/2) no, the only relay that has anything to do with the engine management is ECU is the fuel pump relay. 3) not exactly. It wipers the rear window in set interval (~5s), if you shortly activate rear washer. 4) unload disconnects electrical equipment that consumes large current, to leave more battery's capacity to the starter motor - namely heater fan and headlights, I'm not sure about others

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.