Everything posted by Warrior193
-
I need an opinion about the state of timing belt
I'd want to see the engine barred-over so that I could see the entire length (inside and out) - but that looks fine to me. Go on, you're going to say that it's original and done over 100000 miles. 😁
-
1.5 TSI idle and ACT
I'd suggest that the reason COD/ACT should not be activated at idle speed is because the resulting engine vibration would be unacceptable - perhaps incorrect activation is exactly the cause of OPs complaint.
-
Forgive me father, for I have sinned... Hocus Pocus
Hmmmm, now lets see - for your penance, how about 1000 Hail Marys', 100 Our Fathers and a good donation for the Poor Box? Go and sin no more. 😆
-
Forgive me father, for I have sinned... Hocus Pocus
Was it still attached to the caravan behind it?
-
TIMING BELT CHANGE - 5 YEARS
That's extraordinary, about the only good thing about it is that it happened while the garage still had it!
-
cost of replacing lost key/fob
Try your local branch of Timpson's. AFAIK, certain branches are able to cut and code replacement keys.
-
Start interruption location Karoq TSI 110kw
Hello, why does the vehicle owner want to do that - is there some reason why the installed immobiliser is thought to be not enough? The simplest way might be to put a concealed switch in the supply for the fuel pump.
-
Yet another leaking sunroof
It was because of this leaking issue that I decided not to spec one when configuring the Octavia.
-
Can I change the BMS target SOC from 80% using VCDS
I believe that all micro-hybrids do, in fact, have regenerative charging/recuperation - you may be correct that the BMS will protect the battery from overcharging, but I have not seen any reference of this. I suspect that it might not, otherwise there would have been no real reason for limiting the alternator charging in normal running conditions.
-
Silica bag in header tank potential problem
My understanding is that it was intended to slowly add silicates, extending the anti-corrosion properties of the coolant. Can cause serious issues to waterways if (when) the bag fails. Coolant should require shorter replacement intervals without the bag.
-
help needed
Certainly take a very close look at - DPF condition, Glow plugs and that P.S. fault. See if the fault lights extinguish after a drive. Also see if it's trying to re-gen the DPF.
-
help needed
I suggest walking away from that one unless you can get a tame mechanic to take a look. Lack of 'interest' from the dealer could be a cover for just getting shot of a lot of problems.
-
Can I change the BMS target SOC from 80% using VCDS
My understanding is that the % limit on alternator charging is to allow capacity for regenerative charging - under those conditions, there could be a possibility of overcharging the battery.
-
help needed
Hi, welcome to the forum. I assume this this a diesel? Yes, there is a rev-limiter when transmission is in neutral. Steering wheel symbol will be for some problem with power steering, although could possibly be low battery charge. If steering rack faulty, probably expensive. Is this being sold by a dealer - if so, what do they say about the fault lights?
-
Any way to carry items in Octavia Estate without warning lights and beeps?
- Or my old GM Holden Kingswood wagon - that could take a fully-assembled racing Kart.
-
Start interruption location Karoq TSI 110kw
Hello, welcome to the forum. Please can you post more details of your car? (engine code, Kessy, etc) - this way, other members might be able to offer relevant advice. I assume that you want to install an extra anti-theft device, it that correct? Why do you consider the installed immobiliser insufficient?
-
145Mph for 20 seconds, have I ruined my engine?
(In Scots accent) 'It canna go any faster, Captain' 😁
-
Skoda Vrs 2019 petrol- what's your average fuel consumption?
It is a pity that there do not appear to be many (any?) measured mile points on roads now in the UK - I used to find these very useful for a spot check on speedo and odo readings.
-
Hola!
Hello Leezy, welcome to the forum.
-
Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0TDI (CUPA EA288) high oil consumption
I would have thought that would only be possible if the crankshaft is removed first.
-
Rules on charging car batteries?
I'd certainly consider changing the pollen and engine air filters, inexpensive and pretty easy to do. long period of disuse could mean they've got pretty damp.
-
Battery replacement
@likaleica The 096 battery size is not an issue - what is most likely the problem is either the type (EFB or AGM required) or the terminal layout is not suitable. You will probably get a lot of spurious error codes pop up when you connect the new battery, but these should all clear after a short drive. AFAIK, ICE codes are permanent as long as the unit stays in original vehicle.
-
Rules on charging car batteries?
That should do the job very well, looks identical to the AstroAl 6K - I guess they are clones of each other. Great price from Ali!
-
Rules on charging car batteries?
@cado for storing the smart charger, take a look at the small aluminium cases (like a mini flight case) online - I found a small case that takes my Ring charger and the battery condition tester. Originally intended for storing hand guns. Very reasonable price and good protection. Those wheel support rods (alignment tool) really take a lot of the strain out of wheel changing. 👍
-
Skoda Vrs 2019 petrol- what's your average fuel consumption?
Hi, is your consumption calculation correct? Unlikely that a stage tune will significantly improve your consumption figures, you will most likely be tempted to use the extra performance - and the fuel use will increase.