Everything posted by Warrior193
-
what should I do
Your profile currently says 2015 1.4TSI - It may help if you post the year of your new vehicle (I assume post 2017?) - and the engine code. Either get the DTCs read, or obtain an OBD reader.
-
Fault codes after changing battery
Different to the Octavia - unless there is a square opening I can't see in the section below the reg. plate - but that is the most likely position for it.
-
Fault codes after changing battery
Does your Mk3 Superb have a square opening in the centre of the lower part of the front grille? - If so, that is the Front Assist Radar sensor. Check that it hasn't been damaged in a parking shunt - it shouldn't be loose or misaligned.
-
vRS built and sat at Emden - Roughly how long?
Might not be the same now - but my MY16 Octavia was delivered to Surrey Dealer a week after arriving at Emden.
- Octavia Estate coolant bag burst
-
Rob's Ur Quattro
Hi Rob, was that G13 you are using?
-
Just serviced car, was easier than I thought.
Another unfortunate example of things that servicing agents think they can get away with.
-
Garage button
Hello, welcome to the forum. You would need to integrate a voltage regulator into the supply circuit. Wouldn't it be much simpler to just clip the RC unit onto the visor?
-
EPC & Clutch High Temp Warning - Karoq
Hello, welcome to the forum. Please can you say if your gearbox is DSG or manual?
-
This can't be right, surely?
Is the tyre profile the same on both 16 & 17"?
- Machined cylinder head - thicker gasket required?
-
Service question
I'd guess that would depend on the mod - ordinary enabling of additional features wouldn't.
-
The dreaded Gearbox error message - how do you get Skoda to respond quickly???
At least there's some progress. I cannot see any way the mechatronic unit would be excluded from a comprehensive warranty. Glad they are going to sort the courtesy car. It sounds as if there's been a snafu in Skoda's records, hopefully that will be quickly sorted out.
-
Fire extinguisher - OE and options
I've had two engine fire events - the first was a car coming in opposite direction and fairly small when I got to it - 2lb dry powder knocked it down immediately. 2nd was my Mk3 Cortina, (fuel line rupture) used both CO2 and Dry powder extinguishers, which initially appeared to knock it down - only for it to flare up almost immediately - cue quick retreat and request for passing motorcyclist to call camp fire truck. Only have a small aerosol type in my Octavia currently, in the load bay.
-
The dreaded Gearbox error message - how do you get Skoda to respond quickly???
Jeez, what a pile of manure! Here's hoping that Skoda UK get on the case and get this sorted ASAP.
-
The dreaded Gearbox error message - how do you get Skoda to respond quickly???
Given that the dealer cannot address what is a serious fault within a reasonable time, is there a provision for reimbursement for the cost of a hire car?
-
The dreaded Gearbox error message - how do you get Skoda to respond quickly???
Have they arranged or offered a loan vehicle? I would not have thought that it required a master tech to read the DTC! - The recovery Tech clearly could.
-
Spark plugs
On another VAG site I see a reference to 6 years or 80,000 miles for spark plugs! While I think 80k might be a little long, 20k would be too soon.
-
Spark plugs
Hello, welcome to the forum. Reasonably sure that the plugs are good for at least 30,000 miles (I think I've actually seen refs to 40K)
-
Two year old VRsEnyaq - Battery percentage?
I think the OP is asking about Hybrid EV traction battery - not the 12V starter/hotel battery.
-
Fabia 2017 electrical issues?
Presume you mean 1K RPM - Not 10K!
-
Scala Tyre Pressures
Yes, I believe that is the case for most direct TPMS - direct systems also usually display actual tyre pressures on the instrument console.
-
Leaking oil on driveway
The engine cannot be manufacturing lubricating oil! was it reported how much excess oil was extracted? Either, 1 - it was overfilled previously (which seems unlikely after being driven for nearly two weeks) 2 - It is bore-washing with excess fuel (faulty injectors) 3 - Coolant is being lost into the oil.
-
Engine replacement
Hello, welcome to the forum. Why do you think your vehicle needs an engine transplant?
-
The dreaded Gearbox error message - how do you get Skoda to respond quickly???
This is worth a try, but aren't the DTCs date-stamped? Clearly the vehicle is not fit to be in continued use as it stands.