Everything posted by Dave77
-
Tailgate trim removal (estate)
I'm replacing a rear camera in my estate, the current one is shown below. I've found a video showing how to remove the whole trim but was wondering if it's possible to just unclip the top part where the arrows are, does anyone know?
-
Sportline gloss black trim touch up
I've bought one of these to try, will report back with the results https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X0VPAH4
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
Thanks, I've found this one too, no mention of coding in 10 Park/Steer Assist like shown above though. The above translates to "Lane keeping assistant with steering intervention installed"
-
Sportline gloss black trim touch up
My Sportline came with lots of scratches on the black trim below the side windows. Has anyone got any tips to fill these in eg a particular touch-up pen or black marker maybe?
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
Does anyone have the instructions to enable lane assist in the FL model? I believe it's slightly different to the non-FL.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not sure what is, so it prevents closure if someone is in the way? If so part numbers !!!!!
-
Fuse tap direction incorrect?
I came across the topic below whilst trying to work out why my fuse slots 13/41 are empty (seat belt tensioners). As @Aperture777 points out in this when a fuse slot is not in use you will just see the 'bus bar' (power) and nothing in the other slot (to device) This is my fuse box with the 2 fuse taps removed, outlined red (40/47). You can see to the right of each an empty slot (green), I have tested both of these and the upper is permanent live, the bottom is ignition live, so both could have been used to power the dashcam rather than piggybacking an existing fuse. Looking at several other posts I see some people saying they can't use a 'fuse tap' in a socket as there is currently no fuse there. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely it's better to use an empty slot?
- How to remove A-pillar trim panel / How to replace retainer for park tickets on Superb Mk3
-
Fuse tap direction incorrect?
I've managed to confirm it's the wrong way round. I removed original fuse from the fuse tap and re-fitted the same way as above, the Halo dashcam did not work. Fitted it the other way (wire down) and the dashcam worked. Probably a dodgy Halfords job. It won't fit the correct way around with both fuses in the fuse tap in 47 as that big yellow fuse gets in the way. My 48 fuse slot is empty so should be able to use that. Then to deal with the other upside down fuse tap above it!
-
Fuse tap direction incorrect?
Hi all, I got my car a month or so ago and it came a Road Angel Halo already fitted. I had already bought a Thinkware dashcam earlier this year and am planning to fit it at the weekend. I thought i'd have a quick look at how the Halo is wired so i've just unclipped the glovebox to get to the fusebox. In each fuse tap the original fuse is in the lower socket and a 2 amp fuse in the upper as it should be but are these fuse taps the wrong way round? I haven't got my voltage tester at the moment to check but all other installs I have seen on here has the fuse tap with the wire going downwards.
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
......plugged in a USB-C charger 😁 Not a major mod but it may help someone! I wanted a USB-C charger for the rear ashtray that when fitted still allowed the tray to close, this one fits perfectly. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BTP9GF27 I would have preferred a double USB-C but all the ones I found would have stopped the tray closing when fitted. At some point I may swap for ones of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285669357516
-
Memory seat not working!
Are you holding '1' down for it to go into position?
-
'Sleep package' rear headrests
I'm just removing the pads when not in use as shown in my last picture above. The frame stays on, the pads are removed in seconds with a push button. Whilst the OEM ones do look neat, they don't look big enough to me.
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
-
'Sleep package' rear headrests
This is the right way round! The downside is they don't fold back out of the way but they're easily removable when not needed.
-
'Sleep package' rear headrests
I think I have it on the wrong way round actually 🤣 Still worked though.
-
'Sleep package' rear headrests