Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. You should have that on the other side too, the bottom is Velcro then what you do is put something in the boot which you want to stay where it is then box it in with those plastic things and it’ll stay. Wont work for you as you’ve got a rubber floor so redundant basically
  2. Hmm, not too sure then. If you’ve got vcds etc buy a varta a7 if yours is AGM, seems to be one of the best ones to get. Never hard if moll or aware of any issues but still only 15k and 4 years old or so seems way too early, but if there’s a reputation replace with the best
  3. I get this now and again on my 2016 still on original battery, I’m surprised yours is saying that only being 4 years old but do you have anything plugged in that could drain battery, left long periods etc? Could just be your battery is aging from high miles if yours is?
  4. Our roads are so terrible because they’re “built” and “repaired” by absolute morons. If by some rare occasion a road is built and it’s nice and smooth you’ll then have gas/electric works who suddenly remember they needed to replace something, so they dig it up and it’s ruined. For middle lane hoggers, just pass them in the left lane, perfectly legal but not many do because they think it’s undertaking, as long as you’re not weaving in and out it’s fine.
  5. Aftermarket dog guard https://dogguardsrus.co.uk/custom-made-dog-guard-for-skoda-superb-estate-2015-onwards/ it’s a shame the center headrest only extends by a tiny amount because the outer two extend quite high and almost as good as a dog guard
  6. There’s no specific law but the Highway Code says restrained etc. My dog doesn’t climb over the back seats so suitably restrained, if he did try to get out then I’d get a dog guard but they don’t need to be in a crate. If they’re on the backseats then you’d need a harness because if you had to brake hard they’ll come flying forward but in the boot they can’t
  7. This seems the best for exact dimensions, handy website actually https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-reviews/out-and-about/choosing-car/car/superb-combi-20-tdi-scr-style-5dr-estate-2015 Your greyhound will have ample space, I’ve had 4 goldens in mine but 2 is best I’ve had nightmares about crates so don’t use them but they usually don’t take up too much space
  8. Personally I think the Superb mk4 isn’t great looking and the Passat has the edge, but I really like the look of the digital dials in the new superb over what the Passat has. Worst thing is the impending ban on ICE vehicles soon due to stupidity so I think I’ll just stick with my 2016 superb until it dies
  9. I’m not entirely sure but i believe the system was there but not activated until 7th July
  10. Hmm this sounds like the new nanny state speed limiter requirements. I suspect you can disable in vcds etc but might now invalidate insurance etc should the worse happen. Easy way to turn them off, don’t drive up people’s arses and obey speed limits 😁
  11. Always run the a/c! Me and my wife have our own cars which we never use really, her car is the run around and mine only used for holidays or seeing the in laws because we take the doggo. If you do most of repairs-maintenance yourself it’s still good to have 2 cars because you can have your independence Reminds me I need to sort all the suspension out on wife’s fiat 500 😭
  12. That’s what I bought after you mentioned it, very good product. Now and again I give my car a snow foam jobby and beads again nicely Lasted about 6 months then reapplied which is good enough for me
  13. What’s the mileage? Hopefully it’s just a case of getting use to it I think the test for testing if a clutch is bad is to pull away from 3rd gear, if it doesn’t stall then the clutch is bad
  14. Parts and labour, the wording for the quote was complete high pressure pipes, and they just done the one, which is why I moaned
  15. Oops I didn’t update the thread, so what Skoda changed on mine was the large pipe going from behind the coolant tank to the header tank and that was almost £1k pfft The small pipe near the front still has some oily residue so I went back to the “executive” team and they organised for my car to go back and be checked, went there and the Skoda guy just shouted at me (short man syndrome) and didn’t check it like executive team asked went back to executive team and got it booked at a different garage who checked it for free and no problems, still oily to this day but ac is perfect. I then got a call from executive team and gave me a £500 voucher, so they probably finally figured out the original garage shouldn’t have charged me near £1k for a £250 pipe and Skoda workshop estimates 1 hour to change pipe not 4… I’m still not sure how the gases hit me from the front pipe if it was the back one, weird
  16. Might be worth trying an Italian tune up if you can do it safely and see if it reoccurs
  17. Are you on about wind deflectors? Plenty of them come up if you use that wording “Skoda superb wind deflectors” Bit old school now because of A/C but each to their own
  18. Must admit I’ve got ocd when it comes to the power logo being the correct way up so mines pointing the correct way up and I only use steering wheel controls for volume
  19. No I mean there should be one, can’t imagine you’re the only one and pretty sure anything which can potentially cause fire is recall worthy. I don’t think dvsa or vosa accept reports from people which is wrong imo
  20. Looks like recall worthy to me
  21. You should have changed the ah at least as most aftermarket’s are 70ah compared to 68ah and the bem serial
  22. On my old Passat there was a funky button you could press to vent the tank to get a little more in. Not sure if it’s accessible on a Superb but I wonder if your vent is kaput which is stopping you filling up
  23. Ah it’s the boot one I’m more interested in but not sure it’s possible, to be honest like you said the front is possible and I’m sure others have asked and it wasn’t. Unless it’s different years can do it, mines a 2016, what’s yours?
  24. Hmm was this the boot one you changed?
  25. My local VW dealer is part of a franchise and they have their own body shop, do anything VAG and even come out to do quotes for free. If your local Skoda franchise isn’t good check your nearest VW and even Audi

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.