Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. I’m sure @JR RS has the plastic one
  2. I can also confirm the new osram night breaker laser fogs are much brighter than originals, I can now actually see them work at cornering lights. I used them as fog lights on an empty road and lights up the side much better too, so happy purchase for them as well
  3. It seems fairly common to creak from what I’ve seen on here
  4. So just got to my destination, not a huge difference but certainly quieter because I can hear noise in my estate rear now, never noticed it before. On my way here there’s a road with like red rumble strips, my car was quiet anyway but even more now. So from my 30 mins driving (max speed 50) biggest difference is crappy roads no longer seem as bad. I’ll be doing a much longer drive soon and hoping I’ll notice more difference at motorway speeds. But I might have to do something in the boot area now because I can notice more noise there, I don’t believe there’s extra padding for the rear arches that can be added on, so might have to DIY stylee
  5. I’ll be going for a drive in a few hours and I’ll let you know I’m not expecting miracles, changing to good year asymmetric 6’s from p7’s was a miracle though, so much more quieter
  6. Finally put on the sound “proofing” which L&K’s get as standard and replaced front dogs to osram night breaker laser h8’s (as seen on the front passenger uk) much whiter in real life and hopefully bit brighter too
  7. I took ownership of my mums old Passat B5.5 tdi years ago and didn’t have an oil change in 10 years, yes 10 years. It did have a bit of an oil leak so got replenished, which probably kept it going First thing I done was oil change and fixed the leak, but it ran without fault until I eventually sold it then bought my Superb. So moral is, don’t be too put off if it’s really cheap, if it isn’t then it could be good bargaining power to get the price much lower. One thing I can absolutely recommend though, if your gut is questioning it (which it is, hence the post) then walk away, but if it’s cheap enough for you to be able to accept a loss then get it
  8. I’m sure I’ve seen a few people over the years have this issue, if I recall you don’t need to remove doorcard either
  9. Is this a new car to you or something that’s happened recently? If it’s the latter then buy some silicone spray and spray all of the seatbelt (I do this once a year on all of my seatbelts) If it’s the former then you might need to dismantle and see what’s going on, could be it’s not seated correctly and when it’s warm the plastics expanding a little
  10. Sorry I got muddled up, you’re correct milage not time interval now
  11. I’d say run it into the ground but only fix what’s needed + oil change yourself. The cambelt is now every 10 years with no mileage limitations
  12. If you have that which is a new switch and turn off stop start it remembers with each engine start. Without it when you turn it off then turn off the engine and start up you have to disable stop start again. Personally I have a routine of saying “turn that fu… off” and on my way
  13. I remember watching something like building a supercar or one of those shows and it was a regulation which stopped real wood because in accidents it doesn’t crumple and splintered into people’s faces. It may have even been about a rolls Royce build thinking of it
  14. Interesting fact wood in cars are veneers because it’s illegal to use standard wood as such because of injury in accidents
  15. Jeez prices like that makes it a no brainer to get something like vcds for 10 vin
  16. I don’t listen to a single politician about air pollution and the likes of “climate change” when they go ahead and approve building houses on fields, it literally doesn’t add up. That guy done a video about my local motorway, good laugh he is 👍
  17. I looked on mine where it says the range left its underneath so mine says 4500 miles, refill min 1 gallon max 1 gallon
  18. Mine says how much to fill it by I believe so you’re should’ve been the same
  19. I can’t remember if the handle releases anything or whether it’s just for pulling, if it’s the later get something like jb weld plastic then wait for a scrap car to come around
  20. Mine sounds somewhat similiar sometimes but only when it’s ambient cold and been doing it for years, so I just put it down to things heating up because it only makes the sound for 1 second around 2k rpm for the first 2-3 minutes from first starting If yours is doing it all the time then it’ll be something different
  21. I know you said you don’t like smaller cars but if it’s just city driving mostly then a VW Polo (which isn’t small anymore) or even a Golf would be better suited. If it’s mostly city driving then a petrol makes more sense, I’ve never had issues with my 190 diseasel and only do around 3k miles a year but it’s mostly used for long journeys only
  22. If you have adblu, then it’s in vehicle data or something like that, I always have digital speed showing and just scroll up or down and you’ll see it
  23. Check it first, then abs sensor, then battery
  24. Mines also original and car registered March 2016 so probably made in 2015 and only used once a week 🫣

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.