Everything posted by Danoid
-
Random failures of fancy gadgets
As you’ve had the pads and disc replaced have you checked the area since? Most likely moved something and just needs pushing back or so. I had my brakes replaced once and got abs error, I’m sure they just nudged the brake dust shield back and it was okay, was my old a6 many years ago
-
Random failures of fancy gadgets
Ecp is more expensive because they can be and have shops with rent etc and AUTODOC cheaper because it’s online only, not for all but the majority of things If I’ve got things planned to do I buy from autodoc where possible because I’m not bothered if shipping takes a week or two.
-
MyŠkoda app - How does it work?
Ah I see what you mean, not sure tbh i’m sure having kali Linux on a laptop and an LTE receiver you’ll see something but not sure
-
MyŠkoda app - How does it work?
After your tests I can only guess it’s sending get and put requests via API and your active subscription is the API key
-
New to modifying
How big is the gap on the SEL you’re looking at? My 2016 SEL you could fit a family in the wheel arch gap , it’s so big it looks wrong but it’s comfortable and good for rough road
-
Aftermarket Roof Bars Wanted for Superb III Hatchback
Thule wingbar evo will be best but nearly £300 https://www.thule.com/en-gb/roof-rack/car-roof-racks/thule-wingbar-evo-_-711xxx
-
Columbus MIB3 Nav Maps Update
USB stick will do, get a 64gb one, should be dirt cheap these days
-
Is facelift significant improvement?
From what I’ve seen it’s essentially the same, you’ll most likely get LED headlights but from what I’ve seen they’re crap at not that bright compared to mercs and tesla’s MIB3 seems to be a complete failure too If you go to too new you’ll also have the nanny state speed restrictions if it has the traffic sign recognition. The mk4 superb is where you’ll notice the most new things and latest Passat, or A6 if you have the budget 😁
-
Columbus MIB3 Nav Maps Update
Sorry my bad I was thinking of something else. Allegedly mib3 doesn’t have a status bar for installing. Try a 64gb card, make sure it’s formatted correctly as per Skoda guide, plug it in and leave it. It should take around 40-50 minutes to install and will resume where it was interrupted like turned ignition off after 30 minutes
-
Columbus MIB3 Nav Maps Update
Connect your car to your home wifi, then download and try that way once it’s downloaded you should be good to drive and install fully without needing to be connected to WiFi
-
Glow Plug #3
Ring your local Skoda dealer and ask them for price and confirm part number, better to be sure
-
Superb Mk3 Sportline - uncomfortable seats?
To be honest I have the same in my SEL, in my old Passat and a6 I could easily drive 4 hours.
-
DSG gearbox oil replacement
This is the guide
-
DSG gearbox oil replacement
I believe the oil alone is/was £120 or so There is an excellent guide on here somewhere, when I saw it I thought to myself “yeah I’ll leave it to those who know..”
-
Rear number plate plastic screw size
It’s need to be clear background not blue, that’s the issue I’ve found. If you were to drive in EU places they can stop you for having blue background as it’s not legal
-
Rear number plate plastic screw size
Think I’ve seen them before and they only sell the non valid UK plates 😞
-
Rear number plate plastic screw size
Where did you get your UK plates from? I’ve only found online places and for some reason I’m suspicious of them. I’ve tried the usual Halfords and they don’t do UK plates yet which is odd
-
Wow whats happened to the Superb ? My last Skoda ?
The discs are just discs but the magic happens with the ATE ceramics Was talking to my friend who replaced his dads beemer front disc and pads today with the same combo and 2 years he changed front and backs with same combo on his own beemer, and discs still look brand new and coating still there. If you go ATE ceramics for our car they’re directional and seen some vids of people putting them on the wrong way as they don’t know they’re directional but instructions are fairly crap at explaining it, in fact all manufacturers of directional pads seem crap at explaining I think in general BMW’s have much better brakes, next time you see one look at the discs and usually super shiney m; whereas mine never are but then I don’t drive like a bmw driver 😁
-
Whistling sound high RPM
Why was the altnernator and belt replaced? If it was because of the sound then can rule that out. If the sound happened after alternator and belt changed then it’ll be the belt, sounds like belt slipping which is a very 90’s sound t
-
Wow whats happened to the Superb ? My last Skoda ?
OE disc brakes seem to bad, especially the rears Some have had the disc literally fall apart and fronts not better either. I’m going to change my fronts soon with brembo coated discs (bog standard, I’ve got have them on the rear and coating still looks brand new after few years) and ate ceramic pads, saves cleaning all the time and not seen any issues on my test car (wife’s fiat 500 🤫)
-
Fuel Cap Hiss
Usually it’s just due to heat and doing its job
-
Facelift boot side storage compartment
Yeah that’s it, kinda hard to explain. I believe the original ones were absolutely useless and fell over. If you’ve bought a new one from dealers then it’ll be the updated version which doesn’t fall over as easily apparently. Newer cars only had 1 umbrella as part of their scrimping phase, but yeah should deffo have 1 in drivers door, strange thing to nick
-
Facelift boot side storage compartment
The warning triangle actually sits underneath the recess along the boot floor, not that they give you as standard 😞
-
Facelift boot side storage compartment
Nope nothing behind it, the gap is there so you can get your fingers in to remove it. I can honestly say I’ve used used them other than seeing what they did You can remove the compartment door if you want, just lift it up and it’ll be the same as in the picture but in mine I have high viz jackets I think
-
Facelift boot side storage compartment