Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Electric boot release -intermittent fault
If the boot doesn't open then it is obvious there is a fault, whether the computer says so or not. If they insist, try another dealer.
- SOS Warning Sign Shows Up
-
SOS Warning Sign Shows Up
Still aawaiting a fix for my Karoq. its been in 5 times now. The system has 2 aerials, mine have been replaced 4 times. Don't know whether it is 2 twice each or 1 once and the other 3 times. Had a software update, now been diagnosed as a faulty lead. This is on 4 week backorder and hopefully will be replaced when it goes in for MOT at the end of the month.
-
Strange Brake lights on 60 reg Octavia
I was following a 60 reg Octavia and I noticed there was something peculiar about the brake lights. When applied the left brake light that lit was in the top of the light assembly, but on the right it was at the bottom. Just wondering whether the light units came from different model years or whether one was wired incorrectly.
-
Scala Tyre Pressures
A bit late perhaps, but if the indirect system is like my Karoq it will tell you which tyre is the odd one. Certainly did for me in Austria a couple of years ago which it told me the front left was the issue.
-
Karoq (2024) 1.5 TSI Manual Gear/Clutch Questions
Thety exist because they are cheaper, easier to fix if anything goes wrong, and are not appropriate for people like my wife who is terrified by the perceived lackof control without a clutch pedal. And automatics tend to beless invilving to drive. Granted, the issue of increased fuel consumption with automatics is largely a thing of the past.
-
Is there an age when you are 'supposedly' meant to buy a newer car?
If you are considering the lack of 20 year old Fords to be due to wet belt issues, this is unlikely to be the case as it appears that wet belt Fords only date back to 2012.
-
new to me Karoq 1.6tdi dsg
Adblue comes in 10L (~2 gallons) container and it is just over £1 per litre. Not worth putting in a small quantity, just fill it. If you want to use additive, put it in just before it is full.
-
Android Auto wireless
Bear in mind that it may depend on the phone. My old phone, which I lost/had stolen in March didn't support wireless, but my new one does. My car is 2021, so it may have different software/hardware.
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
There are 2 aerial, I don't know whether ive had each replaced twice, or one 3 times and the other once.
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
Mine got to the stage where it alarmed 6 times in one day, in fact it alarmed 16times in 17 days. It never reset until I stopped the engine and restarted. I travel quite a lot on the continent, and I have no wish to repeat what happened one when it alarmed when on the M25 and M20 heading for Folkestone, leaving me without a safety system which I've paid for. I have a full warranty so it will not cost me anything (I hope) to get this sorted. I spoke to the service desk tecnician this morning. Skoda want to run a whole series of tests on other parts of the system and need the car for 3 days I expect they will need it longer, but I have a courtesy car booked, so that will be no problem. As the car can be fine for days on end and then go into frequent failure mode, it may be difficut to sort unless they change everything.
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
Just got my 2021 Karoq Edition back from the dealers yesterday. It was in for service and the fifth look at the SOS system. First time it went in it had a new aerial, second time the other aerial was replaced, third time one of the replacement aerials was replaced (second dealer), 4th time, software update (second dealer), 5th time another replacement aerial (don't know whether its 2 and 2 or 3 and 1, first dealer). Went out today to get replacement tyres and it made it ~35 total miles until it alarmed again. Waiting to hear what they are going to do next. I was told there is a control unit, perhaps they'll change that. Thank goodness I'm not paying for it.
-
Question on rotating wheels on Kodiaq 2023 plate
It should have no effect. If the TPMS system is the indirect type, as it is on our Karoq, the system works from measurements taken from the ABS sensos which are in the wheel hubs, not the wheels. Change them round, reset to correct pressures, then re-initiallise the system in the settings menus.
-
Multi function steering wheel control of Columbus head unit.
I doubt if you will get a reply as the last post on this thread was nearly 6 years ago.
-
Tyre Load Index
Checked our Karoq, ou 225/40 R19. Original Bridgestones are 93Y, Thet don't say Extra Load on them. Checking on the site of the tyre company I use, Bridgestones are 93 but none are marked Extra Load (there does appear to be a tyre marked T005 SKO KAROQ 93Y, but I have no idea what that means. However, all of the Michelins in 225/40 R19 are marked Extra Load, all Y rated.
-
Mystery Object Game
Why is this important?As far as I know, it isn't illegal as long as it is not in your eyeline. I had a lot of problems with one camera which kept on switching off, and if the screen wasn't on I wouldn't have noticed. I did solve the problem eventually. I also have a Viofo camera in our Karoq. This has the screen on for the first 5 minutes or so, then switches off. There doesn't appear to be an 'always on' option, so if it switches off I have no way of knowing. So farits been ok though.
-
Electronic “engine noise” for PHEV
I remember hearing a few years ago that they were considering a fake engine noise to warn pedestrians but nothing seems to have come of it. All electric cars seem to make that whining noise and no more. Some petrol/diesels, particularly high end cars like Land Rovers have/had external noise generators to make them sound sporty. I think that some Kodiak Mk1s have one.
-
Disable Auto Door Locking
There is a button for locking and unlocking the doors. You should find it just above the heater controls. Press and hold for several seconds to disable. Press again for several second to re-enable. Its like that for virtually all modern cars.
-
Wheel Speed tolerance
An initiallisation causes the system to recalibrate itself as you drive. Those roatation speeds presumably go into a memery somewhere and the syastem then tracks the rotation speeds. It will take some time for a pressure loss to be noted as it needs to ensure it is not just a difference in speed between the inner and outer wheel on a corner. The system cannot respond quickly and a catastrophic tyre failure will not cause an alarm. These syatems usually respond when the pressure drops by ~7psi. I have no idea what the difference in rolling radius will be if you lose this pressure, and this could be different depending on how the car is loaded. The Skoda system is different from our other car as it actually indicated which tyre is low; on the other one you actually have to figure it for yourself.
-
Speed sign recognition issues
Just come back from 3 weeks in Europe. Don't trust the speed limits that the Skoda system reads. Apart from reading low limit signs on sideroads that do not apply to the road you are on (and potentially slamming on the brakes if using ACC), the limits are frequently incorrect. At one stage the dash gave one limit, the satnav another and the signs on the roadside saying a third limit. And that was when the system was working. On the M20 motorway yesterday the systemtold me that the limit was 80mph!!
-
iPhone 16 issues
A further thought. On my car, non-VW group, Samsung phone. My phone requires a code. Google maps will not stat unless the phone is unlocked. May be true for your et-up as well.
-
iPhone 16 issues
Didn't know that. Thanks. Not before time!
-
iPhone 16 issues
I think you need a usb a to lightning cable for an iphone
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Not in my 2021 Karoq!
-
Karoq SE L Standard ‘Equipment’
Unfortunately this is not true. Several cars that I have had have started with standard items which have then either been discontinued or been relegated to an option. I guess it is to reduce the effect of general price increases.